• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was all set to watch the BOS/NYY game on Saturday but once again the goddamned Fox blackout rules prohibited me. EI package and all. The game shown out here was CHI/STL.

A guy I know drove down from Boulder to watch the game with me at a local watering hole. We purposely chose a bar where I knew the sound would be turned off and good tunes would be playing due to the fact that we did not want to listen to McCarver.

I don't mind Buck, but I'd just as soon take a Tabasco enema than listen to McCarver call games.

BOS/NNY this coming Saturday and the same problem looms.

I can't take Joe Buck either. The most awful thing is my AM radio gets sghlxkxsjwnqquueeched when I turn the TV on, so there's no alternative (except music, but I can't get into baseball at home with music playing).

I can't take Joe Buck either. The most awful thing is my AM radio gets sghlxkxsjwnqquueeched when I turn the TV on, so there's no alternative (except music, but I can't get into baseball at home with music playing).

If it's a battery-powered radio, try unplugging it from the wall -- that might help.

Or you could drop the $14.95 for the MLB gameday audio package and stream the sound over the web, but then you get into synch issues (MLB introduces a hefty audio delay).

If it's a battery-powered radio, try unplugging it from the wall -- that might help.

Thanks, but it's the stereo system where the TV is. I suppose I could carry the shower radio into the TV room. But that would mean moving once the game has started.

On Friday night there was a memorable shot of Julian Tavarez with his arm around/leaning on Daisuke and through Daisuke's interpreter it was apparent Tavarez was telling Daisuke how to pitch A-Rod inside and high (as A-Rod was having an AB at the time the cameras picked up on this). Tavarez made a motion as if he were A-Rod flailing away from the ball.

I'm not suggesting Tavarez told Daisuke to plunk A-Rod (I actually feel it got away from him), but Daisuke pitched him that way during A-Rod's first AB on Sunday night. So I'd agree that the Sox, generally, are not afraid to pitch inside. I'm not saying the Yankees pitchers are, but letting Karstens give up 4 dingers in a row...?

I thought it was interesting how Matsuzaka tipped his hat and bowed slightly (which is apaprently the custom in Japan) after he hit ARod but when he hit Jeter later in the same game he didn't do that. I wonder if someone gave him a talking to ...

adam-dancing.gif

On a squeeze play, no less. FUNDA-MENTALS!

The Marlins starters are going to have to stop pitching one inning at a time. This isn't working for us.

I think Fredi should just have his bullpen start the first 3 or 4 innings and then bring in the starter and tell them to finish out the game.

Mets tie it last night in the bottom of the 10th on a pinch hit solo shot with 2 strikes on pinch hitter Damion Easley. Wow. Then, they win it in the 12th with two outs on a drag bunt single by Chavez scoring a runner from third. I actually don't think it was a squeeze. Wow.

The leaves are sprouting. The tulips are blooming. The White Sox are tied for first place, so I am beginning to pay attention to baseball again.

What the fuck? If they go through I can garauntee Al Sharpton will be on tv within 30 seconds.

Torii Hunter faces mandatory 3+ year suspension from baseball

Hunter's gift of four bottles of Dom Perignon' date=' which he had delivered to the Royals clubhouse this past weekend, was meant as a reward for the Royals sweeping the Detroit Tigers last September, allowing the Twins to come from behind to win the American League Central. The gift fulfilled a promise Hunter made last fall.

MLB's rules are very strict and explicit (21- B ):

( B ) GIFT FOR DEFEATING COMPETING CLUB. Any player or person connected with a club who shall offer or give any gift or reward to a player or person connected with another club for services rendered or supposed to be or to have been rendered in defeating or attempting to defeat a competing clubshall be declared ineligible for not less than three (3) years.[/quote']

I don't think it's a stupid rule at all - basically it amounts to a bribe, if you want to look at it that way - but as I understand it, as soon as they figured out it wasn't allowed, the Twins asked the Royals to send the Dom back, and they complied. We'll see how baseball feels about that.

rules are rules, i guess, but it is unfortunate when those rules don't allow for the friendly back and forth between opposing teams...there is enough nasty smack talking between teams. It would be nice to know that guys are not all like that (and i know they aren't, but you only hear the bad stuff a lot of the time.)

I'm assuming the bottles were returned once the oversight in the rules was caught (I may have missed this detail)? Doesn't appear to be any intent of defraud/altering of games/outcomes/etc. so I think it'll blow over quickly.

Then again, this is the MLB we're talking about.

CHICAGO (AP) -- Chicago Cubs right-hander Mark Prior will miss the entire 2007 season after having surgery on his right shoulder, the team said Thursday.

The surgery was performed Tuesday in Birmingham, Ala., by noted orthopedic surgeon, Dr. James Andrews.

According to the Cubs, Andrews performed a debridement of Prior's right rotator cuff and also repaired labral and capsular injuries in the shoulder.

a career lost

CHICAGO (AP) -- Chicago Cubs right-hander Mark Prior will miss the entire 2007 season after having surgery on his right shoulder, the team said Thursday.

The surgery was performed Tuesday in Birmingham, Ala., by noted orthopedic surgeon, Dr. James Andrews.

According to the Cubs, Andrews performed a debridement of Prior's right rotator cuff and also repaired labral and capsular injuries in the shoulder.

a career lost

Shocker.