Nice pics Sir S. It does look like you were just a bit out of pizza-launching range, though.

The Celtics tribute was nice. NESN had Bob Cousy up in the booth for a half inning. Although he was hard to understand at times (kind of a quiet voice and he's old) he had some nice short stories about past teammates and Red Auerbach.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oliver_l.jpg

Interesting.

One League Is Superior, and Don

My entire weekend brightened after the Brewers took the series against the Astros, especially after that horrific collapse on Friday night. Now 11-7, good for first place.

And thank God they sent Aquino to the minors today.

this is a message for gsteinb/gershon/fan.boy. who taunted me in PMs last week even though i'm slated for surgery on Thursday, will be crippled for months and probably have lung cancer:

7920015031671do.jpg

note that these are ergonomically designed brooms for arthritic hands.

love, jen

Interesting footnotes with regards to the Sox hiting back to back to back to back homers last night.

Been done 5 times now, last time was September of last year when the Dodgers did it. JD Drew was part of that last year as well as last nights.

Also when the Indians did it back in ....63 or 64 Francona's (current Sox mgr) dad was part of that.

Kinda interesting.

Best part is Sox swept....Slappy McBluelips (A-rod) though currently tearing it up, grounded out to end the game last night, which made it just that much sweeter.

maine_ref_2001.jpg

barney.gif

what are you, a freaking cartographer of the norse regions!?!

Explaining myself would dilute the cleverness.

I knew YOU would. ;)

I didn't get it last time, but this time I got it. I completely forgot about him...

Is he the big prospect you guys drafted in the first round a couple of years ago, or is that someone else? Michael something?

Mike Pelfrey.

Nah. He was a throw-in on the Benson trade with Baltimore. And who was the other player the Mets got?

a. Nels Cline

b. "Impossible" Germany Schaefer

c. Jorge Julio

d. Rusty Kuntz