Brisbane - April 16 show

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jules
Ok so this is the video I got of the first ever live version of "Hate It Here". Watch how Jeff fucks up and they false start and then Glen pretends to be pissed off when he counts in for the second time. Hilarious stuff. Great performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITOOui5LD9s

(Link should be ready in a few minutes)

very cool. thanks! That song rocks live...as expected.

Ok so this is the video I got of the first ever live version of "Hate It Here". Watch how Jeff fucks up and they false start and then Glen pretends to be pissed off when he counts in for the second time. Hilarious stuff. Great performance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITOOui5LD9s

(Link should be ready in a few minutes)

thanks for the video, looks like tweedy and co. are having a ball!!!

This was already mentioned in a previous post, but was anyone else surprised at how few songs from SBS were played? It seemed much like the sets they have been playing for the last couple of years. No qualms about it, just kind of surprised more new material wasn't played.

This was already mentioned in a previous post, but was anyone else surprised at how few songs from SBS were played? It seemed much like the sets they have been playing for the last couple of years. No qualms about it, just kind of surprised more new material wasn't played.

yeah I found that odd too. But I mean if you think about it why weren't more new songs played in the last tour? Most of them were probably all completed in the studio by that time. at least I would imagine. I bet we will see a lot more in setlists once the record actually drops.

I know the gig is going to be great regardless, and there'll be setlist changes from one night to the next, but I reckon only having one song each from Summerteeth and Being There is a bit disappointing. Considering they've only been here the once before, and most of those shows were 1 hour festival slots, there'd be heaps of fans over here who've never had the chance to witness much off of those albums live.

I'll probably get shit-canned for this, but why do they have to do IATTBYH every show? It's far from being one of the bands best songs. I really think YHF is over-represented in that setlist and they could easily drop 2 songs from that album for one more off each of ST and BT.

I am hoping they play completely different set lists on Wednesday and Thursday night in Melbourne, recognising that many of the audience will have bought tickets (like myself) to both shows.

This was the situation when the Dave Matthews Band did their first tour here a year or so ago. They played two shows at the same venue that Wilco are playing two shows and there was only one song that was played twice over both nights hence we got to hear about 45 different songs over two nights.

What do Wilco usually do when they play two shows in the one city?

They definitely switch up the setlist -- I'd say the overlap is about 50-60%.

Remember, this Aussie leg is not billed as the SBS tour. That officially kicks off in Europe after the record comes out.

(FYI - In my semi-skilled housekeeping efforts, I moved and merged two after-show threads and screwed up the title of this thread a bit, sorry ... hopefully it's fixed well enough now :blush )

i'm sorry Wendy . . . as soon as i couldn't find my thread this morning i realised it was in the wrong place

at 12.30am, after my very first non-festival wilco show (which kicked serious butt!), i was obviously far too excited and exhausted to think clearly!

melbourne 2003 got Airline to heaven - first time in nearly 2 years with the band... and look at the tune now.

i think this is an 'experimental/warm up tour that will benefit the band and us fans down here for waiting so long

i'm sure the sets will be slightly different

That was a great little video of "Hate It Here"! Thanks so much for sharing it. Now I'm really craving a Wilco concert. Argh, to quote you buncha Aussie pirates. :pirate

Wendy, that was a fine job of merging you did, although you left a bit of paint on the left guardrail there......oh, and a bit on the right side, too......but small matter, all the threads got to their destination. :thumbup

Now if you really want to earn some housekeeping points, do up the dishes in the moderators' break room, wouldja? :cheekkiss

Here's the show at etree torrents. I don't do too many torrents so i'd appreciate someone at least trying to download it to make sure it is in fact downloadable. Let me know if there are any problems.

Or even if you like it :thumbup

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=505941

I realize I said I'd post a wav and cue set but etree seemed the appropriate place and they don't seem to like such simple things.

Now if you really want to earn some housekeeping points, do up the dishes in the moderators' break room, wouldja? :cheekkiss

Who gets to mow the lawn?? :shifty

Very cool reports guys, have a blast at all the other shows. Do you guys have a caravan?? That'd be sweet!

Here's the show at etree torrents. I don't do too many torrents so i'd appreciate someone at least trying to download it to make sure it is in fact downloadable. Let me know if there are any problems.

Or even if you like it :thumbup

http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=505941

I realize I said I'd post a wav and cue set but etree seemed the appropriate place and they don't seem to like such simple things.

Downloading now and everything appears to be working just fine.

Thanks for sharing!

Downloading now and everything appears to be working just fine.

Thanks for sharing!

Hey Ex King John,

Thanks for the recording. We have all become spoiled. You asked if there were any problems. Well it looks like you uploaded the show about 4 hours ago and it seems that no one has downloaded it yet. I'm slowed down at 88 %. Anyone else have this problem. 86 hits and no snatches = maybe slight problem. I don't know.

Thanks,

Kristofor

PS No Rush.

It usually takes a few hours before more the first snatch, especially if there are a lot of leechers. This is quite normal. Once there are more seeders. it'll really take off.

Thanks a lot, King John. :thumbup

Thanks,

I am looking forward to the multiple seeders.

:thumbup

Kristofor

PS Who else really can't wait to hear You Are My Face, Sky Blue Sky and Hate It Here ?

Hey Ex King John,

Thanks for the recording. We have all become spoiled. You asked if there were any problems. Well it looks like you uploaded the show about 4 hours ago and it seems that no one has downloaded it yet. I'm slowed down at 88 %. Anyone else have this problem. 86 hits and no snatches = maybe slight problem. I don't know.

Thanks,

Kristofor

PS No Rush.

I have upoload bandwidth of 386kbps and that's fast for Australia. It would take more than 4hrs to send to one person via ftp i think. So till that first copy gets out there it will be slow. Sorry.

And thats before the program gets to choose how to seed.

I have upoload bandwidth of 386kbps and that's fast for Australia. It would take more than 4hrs to send to one person via ftp i think. So till that first copy gets out there it will be slow. Sorry.

And thats before the program gets to choose how to seed.

Hey,

It took me only 2 hours to get it and BOY does it sound amazing. Thanks mate ! :worship

Still uploading it now to other people.

I am gonna take a long drive through this shiity New England weather to hear how this show went down.

Thanks,

Kristofor