Unheard Beatles "last great song"

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know - but that was the actual title. It's really just another Jeff Lynne overproduced song from the anthology sessions.

I don't know...I kinda like Real Love and Free as a Bird.

I don't know...I kinda like Real Love and Free as a Bird.

I don't - I think it was just a deal to get people to buy the anthology series.

Plus - that was all the rage for a while - Nat Cole's daughter dueting with him, Hank Jr. and his dad, etc.

Ha! Indeed! But then...why does your avatar look like Jeff Lynne?

:shifty

because he's my dad.

whats sick about this is they didnt want to release when they recorded it. and every time paul has released an album he pulls some publitcty stunt using th ebeatles name to help sell his record and now that george is dead there is no one to stop him running amuck now with thtat name

all the same im glad to it coming out i just wish the evervy article and ad for it will feature a refernbce to the new (probably crap) mccartney recory

Yawn.

What Beatles publicity stunt did Paul pull for the release of Chaos And Creation? The release of Love 2 years after the fact?

I'm kind of tired of everyone hating Paul.

even with bad production, real love and free as a bird are great lennon tunes, i'm sure this one will be too.

I agree, but based on how much better the John's solo piano demo of "Real Love" is, I wish they'd just give us that instead.

Alternately, I wish they had put this out in the Anthology series instead of digging it up a decade later when Paul needed some cheap publicity.

I don't know what to think.

Sure, all the Beatles are on it, but that doesn't mean the Beatles did it. Doing it means sitting there in that studio together doing the song. Not using one's demo tapes, another's demo tapes, and only two out of the four actually doing anything.

The Beatles were the best band ever, but they absolutely sucked at reconciling with each other to make another record. I think they just need to deal with it, seriously, and not just slap some overdubs from Paul and Ringo onto old Lennon/Harrison demo tapes. It's not really Beatles. Lennon and Harrison aren't around, and 1/2 Beatles will never be the real Beatles. And if you believe the Rotten Apple Theory, 1/4 Beatles is worse than 1/2 Beatles.

Read these two books:

Paul McCartney: Many Years from Now

Chet Flippo - Yesterday

and tell me what you think

I've read Yesterday. I know Paul has a pretty big ego and all that, but I'm seriously wondering what publicity stunt he pulled for his last album? Or the one before that for that matter. I mean, it seems like people are going to hate Paul regardless of what he does, but he's certainly not alone in this. Ringo has to sign off on it, as does Yoko and George Harrison's estate. It's not like Paul can just shit on a disc and say it's the Beatles.

I've read Yesterday. I know Paul has a pretty big ego and all that, but I'm seriously wondering what publicity stunt he pulled for his last album? Or the one before that for that matter. I mean, it seems like people are going to hate Paul regardless of what he does, but he's certainly not alone in this. Ringo has to sign off on it, as does Yoko and George Harrison's estate. It's not like Paul can just shit on a disc and say it's the Beatles.

The other one is his officially written biography - it is interesting to compare them.

The guy has always seemed somewhat shady to me.

He is truly one of the greatest songwriters of this or any age; the older I get, the more I appreciate how good he really was. His not knowing when to quit has tarnished his reputation somewhat, but the majesty of his achievements will shine through the ages.

um, if you guys who are saying he has lost it haven't heard "Chaos And Creation" then you need to listen to it. That album is phenomenal.

his vocals are so weak on that record. I gave it several tries but nothing on it grabbed me. It just fell flat in my opionion. I was really expecting something great from the collabaration but chaos is all i got.