A Letter From Paul McCartney

Letter from Paul

The following letter from Paul McCartney is being released Monday relating to his new album "Memory Almost Full," due June 5 on Hear Music, the first release by the Starbucks and Concord Music Group-owned label.

BY PAUL McCARTNEY

I actually started this album, Memory Almost Full, before my last album Chaos And Creation In The Backyard (released September 2005). The first recording session was back in the autumn of 2003 at Abbey Road with my touring band and producer David Kahne. I was right in the middle of it when I began talking with Nigel Godrich about a brand new project (which became Chaos And Creation In The Backyard).

When I was just finishing up everything concerned with Chaos and had just got the Grammy nominations (2006) I realised I had this album to go back to and finish off. So I got it out to listen to it again, wondering if I would enjoy it, but actually I really loved it. All I did at first was just listen to a couple of things and then I began to think,

I believe it is. He's worked with McCartney in the past.

yeah they made taht crap diving rain

yeah they made taht crap diving rain

yeah, driving rain was just terrible. it just amazes me how these artists keep churning out junk. and not just junk, but junk that takes a lot of work. lyrics, arrangements, instrumentation, recording, production-all for crap. it's like the last trey anastasio cds. you could tell lots of work went into it and it was complete shit. as well as the new son volt etc. i could go on.

yeah, driving rain was just terrible. it just amazes me how these artists keep churning out junk. and not just junk, but junk that takes a lot of work. lyrics, arrangements, instrumentation, recording, production-all for crap. it's like the last trey anastasio cds. you could tell lots of work went into it and it was complete shit. as well as the new son volt etc. i could go on.

trey is a horrible example lol

I actually really liked Driving Rain. I'd say 80% of those songs were pretty solid. Chaos was so/so.

I'm really looking forward to this one.

I liked Chaos and Creation much better than Driving Rain, which I feel was just a slight step up from the horrible Off the Ground. The one tune I really liked off Driving Rain was Heather but somehow I don't think that song will make it's way into McCartney's favorites.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some news on Memory Almost Full...

It is Driving Rain II, only not as good. :ohwell

For all of the denials to the contrary, it certainly sounds like leftovers from Driving Rain.

Disappointing in a lot of ways after Chaos.

• 3 weeks later...
Multichannel Retailer HSN Teams With Hear Music to Create 30-Minute Television Special in Honor of New Paul McCartney Release of Memory Almost Full

Monday May 28, 11:00 am ET

Limited Edition DVD/CD Set Available For Pre-Order During Special Paul McCartney Listening Party May 30 Leading Up to June 5 Official Release

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., May 28 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Multichannel retailing powerhouse HSN today announced that it is teaming with Hear Music to produce a Paul McCartney Listening Party television special to celebrate the upcoming release of Paul McCartney's latest album, Memory Almost Full. Scheduled to air May 30 at 8 p.m. and May 31 at 1:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., the special 30-minute program will feature cuts from the new CD, lively discussions with McCartney fans and video segments from Paul McCartney as he shares the inspiration behind his latest work.

ADVERTISEMENT

The first new studio album from McCartney in nearly two years, Memory Almost Full is also the inaugural CD release from Hear Music, the record label formed between Starbucks Entertainment and Concord Music Group. Memory Almost Full will be available for order during the listening party on HSN and HSN.com as part of a limited edition DVD/CD set ($24,98) that includes three bonus tracks, behind-the-scenes footage of McCartney in the recording studio and a special audio commentary.

For more information about the Paul McCartney Listening Party on HSN, or to purchase the Paul McCartney Memory Almost Full Limited Edition DVD/CD set, log on to http://www.hsn.com as of May 30.

Memory Almost Full will be available at Starbucks locations and traditional music retail outlets internationally. It will be released in the U.S. and Canada on June 5 and in all other countries and territories the week of June 4.

About Hear Music:

Hear Music is an innovative record label and partnership between Starbucks Entertainment and Concord Music Group. Rooted in quality, authenticity and passion, Hear Music works directly with artists, both emerging and established, to bring quality music to the widest possible audience, in both Starbucks locations and traditional music retailers worldwide.

About HSN:

The originator of the electronic retailing concept in 1977, HSN, an operating business of IAC (Nasdaq: IACI - News), is a global multichannel retailing giant offering thousands of products to enhance all aspects of its customers lives. On HSN and hsn.com, customers can find an array of unique products and brand names in categories such as Beauty (e.g., Sephora, H2O+ Cosmetics, Ken Paves, Paula Dorf); Jewelry (e.g., R.J. Graziano, Michael Anthony, Cameron Cohen, Elini); Home/Lifestyle (e.g., Dyson, Todd English, ProForm, Wolfgang Puck, Reebok, Bob Vila, Roy Yamaguchi); Fashion (e.g.. Randolph Duke, Tommy Hilfiger, Carlos Falchi, Beverly Feldman); and Electronics (e.g., Gateway, Panasonic, Sharp, JVC). HSN delivers its merchandise across multiple platforms, including TV, where the network reaches 89 million households and is the 4th largest cable network in the U.S.; online, and through hsn.com, which also features value-added video-on-demand and podcasts of products, shows, and tips.

Don West: Alright, we're back here at Shop At Home Network! Don West here, with my partner Eddie Lewis.

Eddie Lewis: We've been selling things like crazy today! It has been a madhouse here at Shop At Home!

Don West: It certainly has! Hey, Ron! What have we got here next?!

Eddie Lewis: What we've got here, Ron?!

[ Ron enters ]

Ron: Well, folks.. if you are a Shaquille O'Neal fan.. and you are looking for the ultimate Shaquille O'Neal collectible, then you are looking at an incredible deal!

Eddie Lewis: Alright, let me get this straight! Now.. this is a.. Shaq.. Plaque! Is that right?

Ron: That is right!

Don West: Before we go on, I gotta ask you a question! You got a Shaq Plaque here.. with eight collectible cards, all mounted in mint condition - keep in mind, on the plaque!

Eddie Lewis: [ casually points to a Shaq poster on the wall ] Hold on a second here.. what is this over here..?

Don West: I don't know what you're doing there, Eddie..

Eddie Lewis: Is that a poster of.. Shaq?!

Ron: Oh yes, it is.

Don West: That's not included, is it?!

Ron: It.. absolutely.. is!

Eddie Lewis: [ aghast at the thought ] Hold on!! He's flying through the cloud!

Don West: [ freaking out at Ron's audacity ] You can't include that!!

Ron: I am including it!

Eddie Lewis: Now, this was never discussed!!

Don West: We're giving away way too much here!!

Eddie Lewis: Hold on a second!! What's the price on this?!

Ron: This is a $600 value.. I'm gonna sell it $99.95.

Eddie Lewis: What?!!

Don West: What?!!

Eddie Lewis: You can't do that!!

Don West: Wait a second!! What you're saying - the Shaq Plaque.. plus the poster!

Eddie Lewis: Yeah, hold on!! H-he's flying through the air!! He is not on the court!!

Ron: I know! It's crazy! The man can't fly! It is Shaq! and it's $99.95.

Don West: You can't do this!!

Eddie Lewis: Get out of here!! Get him out of here!!

Don West: You get out!! [ Ron is shoved off the set ] This is a deal we did not want to happen!

Eddie Lewis: It's too late! Folks! You got the number on your screen - 1-800-555-0123.. [ the phones begin to ring like crazy ] If you're having trouble getting through on the phone, keep trying!!

Don West: We are so backed up with calls-

Eddie Lewis: Hold on a second.. wait a second.. [ touching the cards on the plaque ] You can't remove these cards from the plaque, can you?

Don West: No, you can't! There is no way!

Eddie Lewis: You can't remove the cards..?

Don West: There is no way you can rmeove the cards..

Eddie Lewis: Hold on here.. uh.. [ casually removes one of the cards from the plaque ] I-I just took the card off the plaque.

Don West: [ outraged like a sonofabitch ] WHAT?!!

Eddie Lewis: Yeah.

Don West: WHAT?!!

Eddie Lewis: Yeah.

Don West: You mean you can take the Shaq cards off the Shaq Plaque if you want to?!!

Eddie Lewis: Yeah.. you can take the cards off..

Don West: This is TOO much!!

Eddie Lewis: [ nearly speechless ] The phones are ringing.. I can't stop the phones!! The cards can ome off!

Don West: The poster's STILL here, folks!

Eddie Lewis: Shaq's still in the air, he's flying over there!!

Don West: Ron, how many do we have left?!

[ Ron re-enters the set ]

Ron: You're not gonna believe this.. we've got about four left.

Don West: GET OUT OF HERE!!

Eddie Lewis: GET OUT!!

Don West: GET OUT!!

[ Ron is shoved off the set ]

Eddie Lewis: The phones are ringing!!

Don West: I'm going out of my mind!!

Eddie Lewis: I think I'm gonna have a heart attack right here!!

Don West: Eddie, you're not gonna believe this - Kirk Cameron just called.. and he even can't get through!!

Eddie Lewis: Folks, we're talking.. Kirk.. Cameron.. here! Kirk! I'm having a heart attack..!!

Don West: I'm going out of my MIND!!

Eddie Lewis: Tell you what - I'm gonna make this all easy on us! [ holds a gun to his head ] I'm gonna shoot myself in the head, because I cannot TAKE THIS MADNESS!!

Don West: Folks, this is no joke! That gun he's holding - can we get a CLOSE-UP of this shot?!!

Eddie Lewis: Yeah! We're gonna go to that view!

[ cut to close-up of Eddie pointing the gun to his head ]

Don West: This is from the "Dirty Harry" Collectible Series.. it does not fire, but he will find a way to make it work!

Eddie Lewis: Yeah! If Shaq can fly, I will kill myself WITH this replcia gun!! Which we'll be selling later this half-hour! Now, Ronnie! How many plaques do have left?!! We've got about three left.

Eddie Lewis: YOU GET OUTTA HERE!!

Don West: GET OUTTA HERE!!

Eddie Lewis: GET HIM OUT OF HERE!!

Don West: The phones are ringing, folks!

Eddie Lewis: Can you stop them by chance, so I don't have to kill myself?!!

Don West: Hey, I'd hate to lose you, buddy, but I can't do a thing..

Eddie Lewis: MY GOD!!

Don West: This poster's still included!!

Eddie Lewis: He's still flying through the air!!

[ Ron casually re-enters scene with some news ]

Ron: Just sold the last Shaq Plaque.

[ phones stop ringing, as everything turns back to normal ]

Don West: And.. they're gone.

Eddie Lewis: They're gone. [ drops the gun ]

Don West: Okay.

Eddie Lewis: Moving on.. what do we have next, Ronnie?

Don West: What have we got, Ronnie? Whoa!

Ron: We've got a.. limited-edition.. "Star Wars" Collector Plates series, coming up!

Shame... normally the New Yorker put their articles on line.

Also, Paul McCartney dissed the welsh this week http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/artic...country_1032580 so he's not, at the moment, my best friend ;)

I'd say basically...get over it.

It's been a LONG time since Llewelyn Fawr.

I watched him on Later on BBC last night and it was just rank. Meandering,no value rubbish. Even the version of Lady Madonna stunk up the place. I appreciate his value and place in history but the music he has made over the last 20 or more years has been drivel.

I watched him on Later on BBC last night and it was just rank. Meandering,no value rubbish. Even the version of Lady Madonna stunk up the place. I appreciate his value and place in history but the music he has made over the last 20 or more years has been drivel.

:yawn