Jeff Tweedy is GOD!

From a post at Stereogum. It appears that Jeff Tweedy will be doing the voice of lil God in some cartoon on Comedy Central. File this under WTF?

On that site, I found the link to this more interesting:

It's hard to imagine that a comparison to the Eagles -- the best-selling American group of all time -- would be intended as an insult, but tell that to Wilco.

Although Entertainment Weekly was praising Wilco's new CD, 'Sky Blue Sky,' by calling it "the best Eagles album the Eagles never put out," Wilco frontman Jeff Tweedy and bassist John Stirratt aren't exactly enthused by the pat on the back.

"Those are fighting words," Tweedy told Spinner during their Sessions taping in New York last week. "Even though it's stated in a positive manner, it seems so wildly off the mark. Did they actually listen to the record?"

"Did they listen to the Eagles?" Stirratt added.

"At the same time, it is absolutely a truthful statement," Tweedy conceded cheekily. "It's definitely a record that the Eagles didn't put out. So is 'London Calling.'"

To judge for yourself, come back on June 1 to watch Wilco's Sessions performance, featuring four new songs from 'Sky' ... and no Eagles covers.

Would make more sense for Iggy to be L'il God, since Iggy is God and all.

Didn't watch the video yet...but Jeff has ALWAYS been MY God!!! :worship

oh, not Tweedy, just the show making fun of Bush after six full years of people saying all there is to say about him.

Oh, oooooooooooooooooooo-kay :)

On that site, I found the link to this more interesting:

From the comments section:

4. I think Jeff Lebowski said it best: "I hate the fu**in Eagles." Are you going to toss Wilco out of your cab because the Eagles were, according to you, one of the biggest bands, and Tweedy and co. don't want the comparison? Of course you are. That's what's pathetic.

JohnQSerpico at 9:31PM on May 23rd 2007

Ha! Awesome.

dcd

the only good thing about that show, was Marsellus Wallace

rhames-.jpg

Butch: You okay?

Marsellus: Naw man. I'm pretty fuckin' far from okay.

Butch: What now?

Marsellus: What now? Let me tell you what now. I'm-a call a coupla hard, pipe-hittin' niggers, who'll go to work on the homes here with a pair of pliers and a blow torch. You hear me talkin', hillbilly boy????? I ain't through with you by a damn sight. I'm-a get medieval on your ass.