Led Zeppelin reunion??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jason bonham is taking some 'led zep experience' on the road. don't know much more than that. my hunch it's gonna be like zappa plays zappa with jason playing along with vids of his dad's band.

jason bonham is taking some 'led zep experience' on the road. don't know much more than that. my hunch it's gonna be like zappa plays zappa with jason playing along with vids of his dad's band.

According to Rolling Stone it will feature Jason sharing stories about touring with Zep as a kid and playing the tunes with a yet to be announced group of musicians. It will be called "Jason Bonhams Led Zeppelin Experience".

According to Rolling Stone it will feature Jason sharing stories about touring with Zep as a kid and playing the tunes with a yet to be announced group of musicians. It will be called "Jason Bonhams Led Zeppelin Experience".

Yikes indeed - reading this made me think of this:

C86AD4674A6E27CCEF5AC218D9C8D.jpg

The audio is out there to be had. I think I have all of the Japan shows.

Someone took the silent film, and added the audio. Or someone had a Super-8 camera with sound.

There are all sorts of clips like that at Led Zeppelin.com.

Another one:

I guess Zeppelin's policy of kicking the shit out bootleggers has laxed a bit. There is a bunch on their site.

I think that is because they acquired the footage. I don't know how, but I am guessing some of it must have been bought from those who had the original film.

I figured that was because Peter Grant died.

They parted ways with him long before his death, if I recall correctly.

He was full of it anyhow. There are of course hundreds of Led Zeppelin shows out there.

on the Unledded tour, Page/Plant had a special taping section for every show. jimmy has been photographed buying bootlegs in Japan with a big smile on his face. Peter Grant was the kiss of death with that stuff. i loved when he got into deep shit after smashing someone's "equipment", before he found out it was a local authority measuring the noise levels at the show.

right before he died, he said the Unledded reunion was a pile of shit.

On the other side - they may have not made it so big without him. He changed a lot of things about the business.

totally agree. the financial agreements changed a lot of things.

its his stance against recording shows what annoys me. i was only 2 years old when they played knebworth and the 1980 tour. how can i listen to one of favourite bands throughout the years in their power and glory from, say, Japan 71 or LA 77?

totally agree. the financial agreements changed a lot of things.

its his stance against recording shows what annoys me. i was only 2 years old when they played knebworth and the 1980 tour. how can i listen to one of favourite bands throughout the years in their power and glory from, say, Japan 71 or LA 77?

Of course, his reasoning was people bootlegging the recordings, and thus making money off the band.

Too bad we didn't have BT and whatnot back then.

Is Richard Cole involved with the band in any way? By all accounts that guy was a complete A-Hole. I seem to remember the band cuting him loose at some point.

I don't think so. Of course, like Grant, he served his purpose back in the day - when they were looking for drugs and women.

I believe he pissed them off when he co-wrote that Hammer of The Gods book. Although, I recall seeing photos of him with the Robert and Jimmy at the last reunion show, so maybe they patched things up.