Led Zeppelin reunion??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Zeppelin's policy of kicking the shit out bootleggers has laxed a bit. There is a bunch on their site.

It wasn't just bootleggers.

My old boss used to work as a stagehand for Bill Graham (oh man, he has some amazing stories). At one show (it may have been one of the 'Day on the Green" shows), a young kid was caught by another stagehand removing a "Led Zeppelin" placard from a backstage door. The stagehand told the kid to beat it. Unbeknownst to the stagehand, the kid was Peter Grant's son. When Grant found out about this horrible injustice, Grant, Richard Cole and John Bonham beat the stagehand so badly that he spent a significant amount of time in the hospital.

Of course, his reasoning was people bootlegging the recordings, and thus making money off the band.

Too bad we didn't have BT and whatnot back then.

yes back in those days I would not blame bands for coming down hard on tapers because 99% were in fact ripping off the bands, it was not like today where people trade shows.

Thanks god for people like Mike Millard who taped many zep shows so we can relive the glory today. If anyone does not know Mike Millard you should google him...he taped many shows in LA and his thing was that he would be in a wheelchair (not really handicaped) and would hide his gear in the chair. THose days they would wheel you right up front....lol

I have noticed some unmarked Millard tapes have been appearing online lately.

First time I heard "Listen To This Eddie" boot from 1977 LA I was blown away at the quality and the power of JHB. He was double time on "The Song Remains the Same" just awesome.

First time I heard "Listen To This Eddie" boot from 1977 LA I was blown away at the quality and the power of JHB. He was double time on "The Song Remains the Same" just awesome.

bonham was sick and played crap on the show before. and mobdy dick wasnt played too. on the Eddie show, they all gave everything they had, and combined with the excellent sound quality, i think it should be officially released. i love the white summer/kashmir version on that one!

The stagehand told the kid to beat it. Unbeknownst to the stagehand, the kid was Peter Grant's son. When Grant found out about this horrible injustice, Grant, Richard Cole and John Bonham beat the stagehand so badly that he spent a significant amount of time in the hospital.

I read that the stagehand got the beatdown because he SLAPPED Grant's kid.

I'd love to read Jimmy Page's autobiography, but he's going to have to slash the price by about $675 before I pull out my wallet.

http://www.spinner.com/2010/08/25/jimmy-page-to-release-autobiography-with-expensive-price-tag/

Led Wallet wants you to open your wallet.

I think it is more of a photo book than anything else.

• 2 months later...

A new SBD has made it's way to the world. There are currently two rips from the silver boots out there - one is a rip using EAC, one is not EAC. You can find it on various BT sites, and probably, various audio blogs in the next few days.

Artist: Led Zeppelin

Date: 1977-06-07

Venue: MSG

Source: SBD

Bootleg Title: Magical Sound Boogie (3CD)

Label: Empress Valley

Disc 1

01.The Song Remains The Same

02.The Rover Introduction / Sick Again

03.Nobody's Fault But Mine

04.In My Time Of Dying

05.Since I've Been Loving You

06.No Quarter

Disc 2

01.Ten Years Gone

02.The Battle Of Evermore

03.Going To California

04.Black Country Woman

05.Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

06.White Summer / Black Mountain Side

07.Kashmir

Disc 3

01.Out On The Tiles / Moby Dick

02.Guitar Solo (Include Star Spangled Banner)

03.Achilles Last Stand

04.Stairway To Heaven

05.Whole Lotta Love

06.Rock And Roll

A new SBD has made it's way to the world. There are currently two rips from the silver boots out there - one is a rip using EAC, one is not EAC. You can find it on various BT sites, and probably, various audio blogs in the next few days.

that is a killer setlist. i don't torrent, but hope i can find it on a blog. thanks for posting.

There seems to be three rips (so far) out there. The first one was pulled from Dime a Dozen due to errors (but was spread around to various sites), a second rip is up at The Trader's Den (ripped with EAC), and now there is a third one up at Dime a Dozen (ripped with EAC).

Original rip (don't grab this one):

Led Zeppein 1977-06-07 ny msg sound board

"magical sound boogie"

lineage silvers>eac wav>tlh flac level 8

2nd rip (EAC):

Artist: Led Zeppelin

Date: 1977-06-07

Venue: MSG

Source: SBD

Lineage: Silver CD > EAC > WAV > Trader's Little Helper > FLAC(level 8)

Bootleg Title: Magical Sound Boogie (3CD)

Label: Empress Valley

3rd rip (EAC):

Led Zeppein

1977-06-07

Madison Square Garden

New York, NY, USA

soundboard

"magical sound boogie" ESVD

lineage silvers>eac wav>tlh flac level 8

Also, another AUD source:

led zeppelin

1977-06-10

Madison Square Garden

New York, NY, USA

alternate audience recording

bonus discs from "magical sound boogie"

esvd "the garden tapes"

lineage-silvers>express rip(NCH)flac>tlh flac level 8

art included

• 1 month later...

MSNBC has excerpts from a new Rolling Stone interview with Robert Plant:

Robert Plant: Led Zeppelin 'a bit of a pain in the pisser'

Musician opens up about Zeppelin reunion and failed Krauss follow-up

By Andy Greene

Rolling Stone

updated 1/6/2011 3:22:01 PM ET

In the new issue of Rolling Stone — on stands and online in the digital archives now (subscription required) — Robert Plant explains to writer Stephen Rodrick why he was unwilling to keep performing with Led Zeppelin after their 2007 reunion concert.

"It was an amazing evening," Plant says. "The preparations for it were fraught and intense, but the last rehearsal was really, really good, for all that it represented and all that we were trying to capture. But I've gone so far somewhere else that I almost can't relate to it...It's a bit of a pain in the pisser to be honest. Who cares? I know people care, but think about it from my angle — soon, I'm going to need help crossing the street."

Other highlights from the piece:

— Plant and Alison Krauss began crafting a follow-up to their 2007 surprise smash LP "Raising Sand," but it didn't go well. "The sound wasn't there," says Plant. "Alison is the best. She's one of my favorite people. We'll come back to it."

— Plant recently flew to Morocco and recreated a legendary trip he went on with Jimmy Page in 1978 where the duo wrote "Kashmir." "I wanted to go back and take that road," Plant says. "It just heads all the way down the coast. It was f---ing amazing."

— Tony Blair's religious awakening horrified Plant to the point that he stopped writing new songs. "The last time I lifted a pen was when Tony Blair became a Roman Catholic," he says. "We were supposedly going into the Gulf, determined to sort the world out in the name of tyranny. Then, once he had to leave the throne, he became a Roman Catholic and became a peace envoy in the Middle East. That's when I knew the world was completely upside down."

— Plant is endlessly annoyed by his musical peers (he won't name names) who do little besides replay their old hits. "There's nothing worse than a bunch of jaded old farts, and that's a fact," he says. "People who have written their story — they've gotten to the point where nothing moves. I don't deal in that, and I don't deal with anybody who deals in that."

Copyright 2011 by Rolling Stone.com

Plant is making a lot of sense there. As much as I'd like to see Zeppelin, you'd have to be pretty selfish to think he hasn't given them more than enough of his time in the post-Bonham years.

If Bonham were still alive, I'd probably feel very differently.