Led Zeppelin reunion??

I am a huge Zeppelin fan. But with that said, I have little interest in the pseudo reunion show(s). No Bonzo; No Zep IMHO

I am interested in some stuff from the vaults. There are tons of Zep boots out there, but I would love to hear some cleaned up alternate takes, unreleased, demos, etc.

You should give it a listen anyway. It's really pretty damn good and Jason does a great job

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ditto that. Its still in the family, still a Bonham at the drum stool who was taught by his dad, its really really good. If you love Zepp, it'd be a shame for you to miss seeing and hearing how damn good they STILL can be after all these years and at their ages, even if it was only for one night. Just think of them as the best Zepp cover band that ever will be! I appreciate your adherence to the rule of no Bonzo, no Zepp, but loosen up your rules for a couple hours and let this music in, it'll make ya feel good if do!

• 2 weeks later...

This is surprising (by way of Billboard.com)

The surviving members of Led Zeppelin are staying up late next week. Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones are set to visit the "Late Show with David Letterman" on Monday (Dec. 3) for a rare joint interview. The legendary band and Letterman will have plenty to talk about: both will have just been honored at the 35th Annual Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C. That event won't be broadcast on CBS until the day after Christmas.

I am sure it's a lot easier just to talk, rather than playing. It nice that they are going to be on Letterman, rather than another talk show.

I did get the blu-ray of Celebration Day - it is pretty damn good. Haven't watched the whole thing, yet, though.

I have been listening to Led Zeppelin for 40 years.

I must have listened to Presence 700+ times the first year it came out.

Today, for the first time, I heard the snort in "For Your Life".

I laughed.

The Letterman promos make it appear that the band is going to perform.

LZ is one of the most important bands of my life. and I'd love to see them play, but I have very little interest in hearing them respond to one-liners.   I expect there will be a lot of people feeling cheated tomorrow.

Well they are going to be on Letterman - so people's hopes shouldn't be too high - love Letterman, but I am sure he is not going to be asking Jimmy what the set up was on the amp during the recording of "For Your Life", though he may ask about the snort.

Listening to the Celebration Day cd this morning - it is pretty damn good.

Well they are going to be on Letterman - so people's hopes shouldn't be too high - love Letterman, but I am sure he is not going to be asking Jimmy what the set up was on the amp during the recording of "For Your Life", though he may ask about the snort.

Listening to the Celebration Day cd this morning - it is pretty damn good.

Letterman can be a fanboy...he will be goofy with them for a bit, but I'm sure Robert's serious, no bullshit personality will make David VERY uncomfortable.

I have been listening to Led Zeppelin for 40 years.

I must have listened to Presence 700+ times the first year it came out.

Today, for the first time, I heard the snort in "For Your Life".

I laughed.

Presence (along with LZ I) is still my favorite album of theirs.

Watched the Celebration Day dvd at home this weekend.  Wife was out of town, so I got to crank it.  Damn, I've got a fair amount of concert dvd's, and this may be the best of them all.  Didn't grow up a huge LZ fan, so it's a surprise to me that this zoomed to the top of my charts.  But the performance of the music is undeniable.  And it clearly comes through the screen how much Jimmy Page loves playing these songs.  I would rate this a "must have" for even the most casual of LZ fans.

Presence (along with LZ I) is still my favorite album of theirs.

The only LZ album that one could find in the cut-out bins. It has such a cold sterile sound - which is one of the reason people did not go for it as much as the other albums.

Watched the Celebration Day dvd at home this weekend.  Wife was out of town, so I got to crank it.  Damn, I've got a fair amount of concert dvd's, and this may be the best of them all.  Didn't grow up a huge LZ fan, so it's a surprise to me that this zoomed to the top of my charts.  But the performance of the music is undeniable.  And it clearly comes through the screen how much Jimmy Page loves playing these songs.  I would rate this a "must have" for even the most casual of LZ fans.

I have to wait for Christmas to get it, but I saw it in the theater. I was very surprised how excellent it was. Glad to hear other fans are digging it, too!

Not a great interview (Dave seems to take forever to ask a question that shouldn't take quite that long), but JPJ is one funny smartass dude.

Jimmy Page looks like a country squire.

John Paul Jones looks like a cool uncle.

Robert Plant looks like the crypt keeper.

The only LZ album that one could find in the cut-out bins. It has such a cold sterile sound - which is one of the reason people did not go for it as much as the other albums.

That might be part of its appeal for me. Cold, detached. The music itself is rather morose. You can almost hear the drugs humming through the music. But (as I've said before) it might be Jimmy's greatest work on the guitar(s). Achilles is the very definition of "epic". Nobody's Fault is wall-to-wall guitar blitzkrieg. Tea For One (to me) updates the "Since I've Been Loving You" vibe, but is even sadder. And the space between the notes on things like For Your Life and Royal Orleans just make those tunes swing like a motherfucker. Not a song on that LP that I don't love.

Jimmy Page looks like a country squire.

John Paul Jones looks like a cool uncle.

Robert Plant looks like the crypt keeper.

:lol  Nice!