Led Zeppelin reunion??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't think of the name of it at the moment, but I have some multi-volume studio outtakes set. I think one whole disc is various takes of Jennings Farm Blues. I say bootlegs - I really mean I grabbed them off some BT site.

Link to official site - if you want to see what the new releases look like: Two different vinyl packages, 1 CD version, Deluxe Edition (2 CD), Super Deluxe Edition (2CD +2 LP).

Amazon has the 2 disc versions for 20 bucks. That is pretty good. I wonder if they will go up in price? I am not really a pre-order sort of dude.

i'll be curious to see if they are mastered loud or more dynamic than the last ones.  i just remember that mothership comp being unlistenable it was so brickwalled.  maybe these will be available on pono :headbonk

I'm a total sucker and will probably shell out for some of this stuff. Don't know if I'll go all out and get the companion tracks on vinyl...maybe just the original albums, and get everything else digitally. I love those early Zep performances, so I'm excited about the 1969 show. 

• 1 month later...

he released Domino in 2000 and then its been same old, same old since. when he finally realizes that there wont be a reunion and gets the rest of the re-issues out, he'll be too old to do anything!

I still think it is fascinating to see him out in public - smiling, playing at the Olympics, working with charities, taking photos, etc. When I was a young hair farmer, I was taught that Jimmy was almost the devil himself.

Plus - he gave surly interviews and always seemed to look a bit pissed off in photos. He seemed to be (the whole bad actually) someone you would not want to mess with.

Yeah, it is remarkable to see Jimmy in a shop I used to go to alot.  I remember seeing Page on the Outrider tour when I was living in Boston.  The show was in Providence or some other close by city and back then Jimmy's mystique was still powerful enough to me that it seemed like a "holy-shit-I-can't-believe-I'm-in-the-same-building-as-him" moment.

I never believed any rock stars were evil or satanic, but I never believed any of the bullshit they tried to indoctrincate me with in church.

I never believed any rock stars were evil or satanic, but I never believed any of the bullshit they tried to indoctrincate me with in church.

You never know. Sometimes when evil comes, it comes in a very banal form...maybe even the form of an aging rock star who looks just like your Aunt Mildred.

Well, joking aside, I don't really believe in evil as a force or entity or the concept of Satan either.  To me there is only degrees of separation from God and the dysfunctional behavior it results in.