Weezer: Album Six

Guest Muncle Douchey
I was a big time Weezer fan up unitl the Green Album. That's the last one I bought.

that sums it up for me.

however, i still absolutely love the blue album - one of the best albums i've ever heard - start to finish. and pinkerton is almost as good. and i still listen to them regularly.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that sums it up for me.

however, i still absolutely love the blue album - one of the best albums i've ever heard - start to finish. and pinkerton is almost as good. and i still listen to them regularly.

Yeah, the Blue album is one of the greatest rock albums ever. That album changed my life. Pinkerton is a close second because it's just so raw and emotional.. And yes, I have been listening to them regularly for 14 years.

as for the Greatest Man... that opening "rap" is just HORRENDOUS and sounds like Fred Durst, but after that it is a pretty rad song

Maybe the rapping is Rivers's new way of being nerdy.. Kind of like in his earlier days with the buddy holly glasses, twelve sided di, and sipping the juice box in the Say It Aint So video.. Now, it's the white boy rapping..

sorry dude... it's pretty poor, but not nearly as awful as Make Believe...

i'd rate Weezer's records:

Blue Album = 9.3

Pinkerton = 9.6

Green Album = 7.4

Maladroit = 5.2

Make Believe = 3.8

Go ahead and flip Green and Maladroit, and I don't think I'd disagree with you. Though I might give Green an even 6. Make Believe wasn't very good, but there are still some good songs on it.

Actually, I'll go:

Pinkerton: 10

Blue: 10 (Yeah, I think they are both perfect records)

Maladroit: 8

Green: 6

Make Believe: 4

I'm into whole numbers.

Ok, seriously, how awesome is "The Greatest Man That Ever Live"? I can't listen to it without smiling. So much fun.

It's f'n great.. And Dreamin is like a shorter version of it.. Well, same "rock epic" concept atleast.

i had an idea the other day while listening to the new album. with all of the demos weezer has put out there and given what rivers said about the label; where would Weezer be right now if they had the balls Wilco did and left their label to release the music they want?

i had an idea the other day while listening to the new album. with all of the demos weezer has put out there and given what rivers said about the label; where would Weezer be right now if they had the balls Wilco did and left their label to release the music they want?

a lot of major label deals are for 6 albums...i wonder if this is the last in their contract (or if the rivers demo record counted as well)?

I seem to recall back in the day, when they had problems with the Maladroit demos and their label, that Karl said their contract was for 5 albums. But don't quote me on that.

Ok, seriously, how awesome is "The Greatest Man That Ever Live"?

Here's how I rank the songs so far:

1. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (we all know this song kicks major ass.. it's a Rock Epic)

2. Pork and Beans (I just LOVE the chorus of this song.. The guitar is so beefy)

3. Heart Songs (great lyrics, music/melody sounds a little R&B, but it works)

4. Dreamin (sounds like the old Weezer sound and it turns into another Rock Epic)

5. Troublemaker (not a great song, but it's kind of catchy and I like the guitar riff)

6. Thought I Knew (eh.. Brian needs to stay on backup vocals)

7. Cold Dark World (never let the bass player sing)

8. Everybody Get Dangerous (well, my opinion may change of this song eventually, but right now I can't stand it... When did the Red Hot Chilli Peppers start writing songs for Weezer? I always skip over this one...)