Weezer: Album Six

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you missed the point a little. It's actually pretty funny.

I was not aware of that, however, if the song was indeed written in reaction to Geffen instructions to write more commercial material, then its seditious lyrics are either voided by the wholesale capitulation involved in going home and writing said commercial material, or worse, they're a calculated attempt to boost record sales by wrapping faux-defiance in pretty paper

If this song had different lyrics it might be one of my favorites. But as it stands, the lyrics bug the hell out of me.

Weezer's always had pretty awful lyrics for the most part

I was not aware of that, however, if the song was indeed written in reaction to Geffen instructions to write more commercial material, then its seditious lyrics are either voided by the wholesale capitulation involved in going home and writing said commercial material, or worse, they're a calculated attempt to boost record sales by wrapping faux-defiance in pretty paper
Weezer's always had pretty awful lyrics for the most part

Yeah, that irony has not escaped me. I actually didn't mind most of Make Believe but for some reason Troublemaker gets to me. It is beyond reason.

The four bonus tracks from the deluxe edition of The Red Album have leaked. I think I'll pass on downloading these. Something should remain a surprise on Tuesday.

I'm with you. I haven't even listened to the last two leaked tunes.

If I remember correctly, the bonus tracks are only offered via iTunes or digital retailers - not on any physical CD?

Yes and no. There are a bunch of bonus tracks. You can get a physical CD with four of the bonus tracks, but there are more to be had through online retailers.

This thread over at albumsix.com has a break down of where all the songs will show up: http://www.albumsix.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1873

Yes and no. There are a bunch of bonus tracks. You can get a physical CD with four of the bonus tracks, but there are more to be had through online retailers.

This thread over at albumsix.com has a break down of where all the songs will show up: http://www.albumsix.com/bboard/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1873

thanks.

that's completely insane.

usually when there is a deluxe edition they show it's price in smaller print below the regular, but it's not mentioned in any of the sales papers.

if i can get the full normal album for 5.99 and the deluxe is 15.99 or something, 4 tracks wouldn't be worth 10 more bucks. i usually go for deluxe versions, but if the price difference is that great without a better packaging upgrade as well, i'll probably skip on it.

Yeah, I saw that in the paper this morning! I was freaking out! I get all sorts of excited about new Weezer albums! Can't wait til tuesday!

That is nice. I'll be buying this one for sure.