Weezer: Album Six

That Shods tune may well have 'inspired' Hash Pipe, but that is in no way a direct ripoff. It reminded me immediately of the Peter Gunn Theme, and Hash Pipe has never done that.

Can we change your little user name thing to "Weezer apologist"?

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your monkey shirt still alive?

We had talked about this a while ago when I inquired if I could buy a new one because I think someone stole mine. Either that or it got lost at some point. I was very distraught...

That's right! I forgot - I was just reminded recently of that venture when JUDE (or Jules) complained that his dryer ate the shirt like it was a paper towel.

NP - The Blue Album

:ohwell

I'd like another...

NP (In My Head) - Surf Wax America

Man, that's a good fooking album, eh?

The tracklist for the album was posted over at weezer.com (where you can also listen to a stream of Pork and Beans). Because I'm also "homo for Cuomo", I'll be picking up the "Deluxe" edition with its four extra tracks.

"Weezer" (2008) Tracklist is as follows:

Regular Edition (CD; digital):

1. Troublemaker

2. The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Hymn)

3. Pork and Beans

4. Heart Songs

5. Everybody Get Dangerous

6. Dreamin

Wait, can we back up a second? The Blue album kicks ass because Ric Ocasek convinced them to play with the lead pickup instead of the rhythm pickup? :stunned

Who knew that the difference between a bad record and a good one was the flick of a toggle switch. If only Jeff and the gang had known this, they might not have had those problems with Warners over YHF :).

I really hope the music behind that cover isn't as awful as the cover itself, but I'm beginning to have my doubts. While I liked "Pork and Beans" initially, it's becoming less and less appealing. I like the chorus, but the rest is not so great.

I actually haven't heard Pork and Beans yet. To be honest, I like "Beverly Hills" a lot more than I probably should. I think it totally realizes how cheesy it is and relishes in it. Say what you want about Rivers, but he's a funny guy, and I think (hope?) that they think that song is as funny as I do.

I actually haven't heard Pork and Beans yet. To be honest, I like "Beverly Hills" a lot more than I probably should. I think it totally realizes how cheesy it is and relishes in it. Say what you want about Rivers, but he's a funny guy, and I think (hope?) that they think that song is as funny as I do.

The Weezer songs I like wouldn't get played on Doctor Demento, and I'm fine with that.

It reminded my a lot of "Beverly Hills" that's for sure...

Yeah, the versus definitely remind me of Beverly Hills.. Plain and generic.. But boy the chorus makes up for it.. The guitar is so beefy and it just Rocks.. I like the tune a lot.

But you make a good point Chompsky.. Weezer has had a cheesy song on every album.. Sweater song, El Scorcho, etc. etc.. I think they are trying to be funny, but it's just hard for me to stomach Beverly Hills..

Actually from all indications (interviews and personal friend accounts) Rivers is a complete douchebag who deals only in douchebaggery.

The song in general reminds me of Beverly Hills: utter junk that only gets worse on repeated listens. Sure, the early Weezer albums had some goofy songs mixed in with the more serious ones, but the line has become increasingly blurred and now it's just junk all around. I listened to Make Believe once (it took several tries) and that was way more than I should have.

I have a feeling this album will be no different.

Rivers seems out there, for sure, but I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to pick his brain for a while. He seems like he would be very interesting and engaging in a one on one situation, I think he just get's awkward when there is more attention on him

Rivers seems out there, for sure, but I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to pick his brain for a while. He seems like he would be very interesting and engaging in a one on one situation, I think he just get's awkward when there is more attention on him

He's definitely shy indeed. I met Rivers and Pat at a show back in 97.. Rivers was VERY drunk.. He hardly said a single word and didn't smile much.. He just seemed awkward and nervous.. Pat was really cool though.

• 2 weeks later...