Official Doctor Who discussion thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just saw that, Torchwood, will be starting on BBC America, this september!

there's some cool behind the scenes stuff, a "history" of Captain Jack Harkness, and a 30 minute preview episode of Torchwood, on BBC America's On Demand channel. the show starts next weekend!

i just started watching this when i was in vancouver visiting my brother. i'm only on the first series, with Christopher Egglecctionaz.ghah( i don' know what his name is?) i really like him as the doctor, and i'm worried about the other actor who starts playing doctor who in series 3. i reallhy like the series though!!!

Good/bad news all in one here

The good news is: 4th season production is going fine, and a 4th season christmas special and a fifth season are confirmed by the BBC

HOWEVER

the bad news: 4th season airs in 2008 and the fifth season airs in 2010, which means a year long break from our beloved Doctor.

but to make sure we're all not chomping on the bit too much, there will be 3 Dr. Who specials aired throughout 2009 directed by Russel T. Davies. :hmm

Not so sure I am in love with the idea, but happy to see we have at least 2 more seasons on the way.

Official Press Release

Interesting that... no news on Torchwood yet? I've not seen any... wonder what they're going to do. I suppose they've got to be careful, he's only got a couple of regenerations left...

No Torchwood news that I've heard except that James Marsters from Buffy is going to be in it.

However, the BBC just announced that the sarah jane smith adventures should start airing this month. I didn't watch the pilot so I can't really comment, but....

story here

• 1 month later...

Finally saw the season finale on Sci-Fi here in the US. Thought the whole floating-bit was a bit weird much like the rest of you. I liked season 2 the best so far. David Tennet (did I spell that right?) is a great Doctor. I was a little wary when I first heard it, but he's fabulous.

"Blink" was a great episode, but I think my favorite was the Shakespeare one.

Stephen Moffatt is a great writer. Really enjoying his "Coupling" repeats on BBC America. That is the same writer, yes?

Can't wait until season 4, but it's going to be a while, blast!

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't seen any of the Sarah Jane Adventures yet, which is a shame, but I did watch an animated adventure the other night and it was really bloody good... wish I could remember the name of it, but it's well worth tracking down. I think they've only done one.

I'm not a fan of Extras, but might watch that one!

Still no Torchwood news though... which is odd. Though they're reshowing it on BBC 3 in the uk, so probably a recap before Season 2 starts...

• 4 weeks later...