Summerteeth is the album that...

Actually when the label asked Wilco to put a hit and the band wrote it in the plane, it happened to be a great opener. Sometime it's good to be urged to write hits. Ask the Beatles (well, two of them, if you ever see them while buying your baguette - wait, are you in France?) writing their early ones in hotel rooms betweens shows.

...reveals more of itself in every different set of speakers you hear it through.

..stands up to repeated listenings more than any other studio effort.

I'm the only person who likes "Can't Stand It," aren't I?

Yeah, I thought so. :(

I've always liked it too. What's not to like? Great melodic guitar parts (I especially love the 12-string guitar/bell part just before the chorus.) You also have some nice funky rhythm parts during the verses, and some nice lyrical lines: "No love's as random as God's love... speakers are speaking in code..." Of course, when viewed standing beside "She's a Jar' it may seem a bit underwhelming. Nevertheless, it's a good pop song that needs no apologies.

i skip through a lot of songs on.

not a fan of pieholden suite (or however you spell it). love half the songs on the album and eh not so much for the rest. have to be in the mood for slow methodic melodic to listen to this album without the skip button for me.

I like it a lot. I remember on my first listen of the album being pretty amused with the loud chimes clanging away in the tune. They came at me unexpectedly and seemed to sort of interrupt the tune, but I soon liked the fit/niche they present in the song.

I think it's a pretty damn funky tune.

...reveals more of itself in every different set of speakers you hear it through.

..stands up to repeated listenings more than any other studio effort.

Took the words right ot of my mouth. Except, thats the way I feel about YHF. :thumbup

Yeah, I thought so. :(

Nope it's one of my favorite songs on the album, it was the first song of Wilco's I really got into.

--Mike

I could tell from her fashion that Wonder Woman had no taste already

:badger ---> little bear is just joking, no offense intended

oh, i knew i'd catch it for that post. that's ok, i still skip songs on that album. not all wilco fans are perfect i guess.

but you better watch out little bear, i'll climb in my invisible jet and hunt you down... :shifty