the all-new NFL thread

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody in Chicago ever call Grossman "Suckosaurus Rex"?

Even as a season-ticket holding Bears fan, I love watching Favre, but he really shit the bed last night. Played very passive in the 2nd half; short passes, etc. I heard someone on the radio say it looked like Drew Brees took over his body with all the 4-yard passes he was throwing. Couldn't agree more.

The key was the strict cover 2 defense the Bears ran in the 2nd half. They dared GB to run the ball, and they couldn't do it.

Never hear that one, but somwhere it probably was said. I think his real name say enough. Grossman. He is so gross to watch at times. He stunk it up to start the year and really Greise isnt much better if at all better. Also hate Benson, I think just plain sucks. We have a serious offensive problem. Our Defense and Special Teams is how we win. So sad, dont know what to expect but dont expect much this year.

What I hope is Rex getting a second chance and doing something with it. But we need a new RB also. Well, I guess defense could just do all the work also.

:cryin that makes me sad. I *heart* Rexbut at the same time, that is really funny :lol

I don't know if he's a tool or not, but I do know that he's one of the greatest QBs in NFL history, and I enjoy watching him play.
he is indeed one of the best - but I am really tired of the whole "this is my last year" emotional b.s. and the pundit wankfest that accompanies the last game of the season. :ninja
:lolhe is indeed one of the best - but I am really tired of the whole "this is my last year" emotional b.s. and the pundit wankfest that accompanies the last game of the season. :ninja

Look, Favre is chasing Roger Clemens's all-time all-sports potential last game record. The man is a gamer and he's not going to give up until he has every record he can.

Look, Favre is chasing Roger Clemens's all-time all-sports potential last game record. The man is a gamer and he's not going to give up until he has every record he can.

Here's another one he'll get: "Favre threw two second-half interceptions to tie George Blanda's career NFL record of 277...."

:yay

Here's another one he'll get: "Favre threw two second-half interceptions to tie George Blanda's career NFL record of 277...."

:yay

It should be noted that while he did indeed tie Blanda, it took him more than twice as many games to do so.

Calling a timeout when the kicker kicks the ball is so bush league. They need to ban that. If you wanna ice the kicker, go ahead and ice him as the teams line up, not as he is kicking it. I equate this to the rule they banned in the NBA and NCAA bball, where you cannot call a timeout in mid air to save your team's possession.

Let them play. I'm so glad Folk nailed both of those field goals. And I'm glad the Auburn kicker killed Florida in the same exact way. Get that bogus time out call outta here.

I'm not a Cowboys fan, but that team is fun to watch and kudos to them for a great comeback at the end.

The Cowboys are probably the only team I hate anywhere near as much as I hate the Yankees*. SO CLOSE to a perfect evening of sports. :no

* edit: Forgot about the Red Wings. They won too. :angry