the all-new NFL thread

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

corrected

whooohooo.. lions win again! i'm not used to this feeling

Don't get too used to it. They've now played the two easiest games on their schedule, and they needed OT to beat the Vikings at home.

They do look a bit better this year, but I still don't see them reaching 8-8.

sb364kc3hv.jpg

I really have a good feeling about this year!

1136440944.jpg

In other news, Dallas Cowboys quarterbacks coach Wade Wilson got suspended for five games recently when it came to light he used HGH to help him get an erection...

I have a big problem with the DMN reporting this.

And there was little or no editorial discussion about whether to print it.

prove that every team doesn't. Just because the Pats win doesn't mean they constantly win by this method. Watch this season, we're under heavy scrutiny and will be watched closely for sure. I still believe we're one of the top teams in the NFL. I do believe we'll still have a successful season, and if I'm wrong, then I will admit that the Patriots' best days may have a mark of imperfection on then. We'll have to let the season speak for itself, and as for now, I guess Patriots fans will have to deal with this until the team can prove themselves.

Believe me, I'm embarrassed to be a fan in this situation. It's not where you want to be, but I honestly don't think this represents all of the Patriots play. We're still a very good team. Look at that Kickoff return last week for instance, there's no way you can have an advantage on a kickoff, and we run it back 108 yards.

We? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

We? Do you have a mouse in your pocket?

Though I'm probably guilty of it myself, I really try not to put myself on the team by using the word "we."

Also, I've noticed that a lot of fans tend to use "we" to describe their favorite teams when they're doing well, but "they" when they're not.

"We have a great team this year" vs. "They can't play defense for shit."

In fairness to the Lions, it wouldn't have been quite that close had Kitna played the whole game. O'Sullivan is simply not an NFL quarterback.

That being said, it was just an awful game all around, by both teams. Turnovers and penalties all over the place.

I have a big problem with the DMN reporting this.

And there was little or no editorial discussion about whether to print it.

Why would there be? Some stories just leap out at you.

For the Monday Night game intro (that justed viewed) they show Hank Williams, Jr. (of course) playing with Brian Setzer, Jon Bon Giovi, some Country singer dame, and they do a very quick flash to a keyboard player. The keyboard player looks a lot like Page McConnell from Phish. Anybody got a bead on this one?

Go 'Skins.

For the Monday Night game intro (that justed viewed) they show Hank Williams, Jr. (of course) playing with Brian Setzer, Jon Bon Giovi, some Country singer dame, and they do a very quick flash to a keyboard player. The keyboard player looks a lot like Page McConnell from Phish. Anybody got a bead on this one?

Go 'Skins.

WARNING FROM MULTIPLE VIA CHICAGO USERS: CLICKING ON THIS LINK MIGHT SCREW UP YOUR PC, SO DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

was it

Admin edit: Link above removed for annoyance factor. Thank you.

I wonder how many articles Bill Simmons will write this year justifying cheating. I can't believe that ESPN gives this guy a platform.

A million. New England people are probably quite traumatized by realizing they have the football equivalent of The Evil Empire.

was it

Dude. Extremely uncool.

You're seriously risking getting reported for that. I thought about doing it myself.

Oh, and everyone else -- don't click the link in his previous message. Seriously. (I changed it in the quote box above.)

Admin note: Original link has been removed from this thread as it was causing problems.