Dreams of Wilco

I had a dream last night featuring Glenn. It was really weird. We were in the balcony of the Ryman hanging out and he was telling me really important things. I can't remember them now, but in the dream it was like a life and death situation. We talked for a long time, then he asked me to come to Chicago to help him look for a house that he'd seen in a paper. I promised that I would and gave him a hug, and the next thing I knew I was awake.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dream that involved Wilco and me, haning out at the Bijou in Old Town.
:lol :lol :lol

I remember the Bijou (not that I was there or anything...not that there is anything wrong with that....)

LouieB

Since Allison pointed out there are two threads, I figure I will go with the mainstream here.

I dreampt that I was at a very under populated Wilco show at some very large venue with a very low stage and I decided to buck the trend and to right up and sit in front of the stage and that Jeffy came over and gave me a high five to indicate he appreciated the fact that I was up front instead of hanging back. Weird huh?

LouieB

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has Wilco dreams. I've had two recently:

1) I was at an outdoor Wilco show. The band left the stage, and we expected an encore. But it didn't happen right away. So I walked across the street to an Arby's, where all of the employees were rather hot young women who wanted to have an orgy with me in the back. As I considered the possibilities, I heard Wilco start up again and I said "sorry ladies" as I ran out of the restaurant.

2) As I was preparing for a real show in Tulsa last week, I dreamed Wilco added a show the night before in Oklahoma City. Because of the late notice, it was sparsely attended. But for some reason Steve Carell and John Krasinski were standing in front of me.

I think we all dream of a day when the shows aren't so crowded....

LouieB

I am dreaming of a nice WARM day at the Pines, enjoying Wilco with all my buddies. Be good if it was just say a hundred people or so.

1) where all of the employees were rather hot young women who wanted to have an orgy with me in the back. As I considered the possibilities, I heard Wilco start up again and I said "sorry ladies" as I ran out of the restaurant.

Now THAT'S dedication!!! :worship

2) But for some reason Steve Carell and John Krasinski were standing in front of me.

VERY cool!!! :thumbup

I am dreaming of a nice WARM day at the Pines, enjoying Wilco with all my buddies. Be good if it was just say a hundred people or so.
I'll let you be in my dream if I can be in yours...

(quote stolen...)

LouieB

Well I think looking at all those photos last night affected my head! I had a dream about Pat last night. I don't even remember it all, it just hit me as I was getting dressed. Apparently he's into history. lol. Quite a nice dream, definitely wouldn't mind having another one.

I had this dream I was a part of the 1999-2001 Wilco lineup...and Jeff, Jay and I were shopping for food; Jay says something like "Excuse me Jon, to quote myself, I don't think we have 1,000 dollars an hour to waste on cookies." and I said "To quote myself Jay, didn't Jeff fire you?" and Jeff started cracking up.

I had a dream this morning that Wilco came back to Milwaukee. They played at the same venue, just a shittier stage [the Rave]. At first it seemed like there was a full house, but for a reason unbeknownst to me, people started walking out. I looked back and saw only 3 rows of people left, and I knew that the band was gonna take it pretty hard. I looked at Jeff and could see on his face that he was having a terrible time...to the point of almost crying! A couple of seconds later they put down their stuff and walked off the stage without saying anything.

How sad is that?! :cryin

that's pretty funny :lol

It was during a weird semester for me...I was living alone, and watched IATTBYH everyday...I can't watch that movie anymore...that dream, combined with actually meeting Jeff in 2005, made it weird.

It's kind of strange to sit around in your underwear all day and watch a man puke then drink a diet coke. I generally puke AFTER I drink diet coke.

I had a dream this morning that Wilco came back to Milwaukee. They played at the same venue, just a shittier stage [the Rave]. At first it seemed like there was a full house, but for a reason unbeknownst to me, people started walking out. I looked back and saw only 3 rows of people left, and I knew that the band was gonna take it pretty hard. I looked at Jeff and could see on his face that he was having a terrible time...to the point of almost crying! A couple of seconds later they put down their stuff and walked off the stage without saying anything.

How sad is that?! :cryin

Maybe the red squirrel and his associates chopped up the crowd. :ohwell

• 3 months later...

Had a nice one last night...

I was in an airport, a very quiet one. I was watching one of the TV's and all of sudden I saw Wilco doing a spontaneous appearance in the middle of Chicago (a la U2 on the rooftop). So I turned to the guy next to me to ask him if he could turn it up (he apparently had the remote) and it turned out to be Jeff himself! I remember trying to keep calm like it was no big deal but inside I was DYING! We ended up just hanging out on the floor in some corner talking all night. Apparently, both of our flights were extremely delayed.

Another fan or two tried to come up to talk to him but he said he was busy with something kind of important :dancing and to come back later :D

It made me wake up in a VERY good mood :party

this isn't about Wilco but is synchronocity and should be reported...

Dreamt my big boss up the line was taking a dump at work. Awoke this next day thinking, "yeah, ok, what the fuck was the point of that?" Concluded it was just some garbage in my head and moved on, no biggie, kind of humorous actually. A couple days later, I stroll into the bathroom to discover some funk smell. The fella in the stall did the ol' quick flush, wipe, and wash to show he wasn't afraid to show his (shit)face. Ever experience this? What is the point? Just wait it out and leave w/o revealing your shitface. Yeah, it was the big boss. I had a hard time looking at him. Fuckin' laughed my ass off though once he left.

this isn't about Wilco but is synchronocity and should be reported...

Dreamt my big boss up the line was taking a dump at work. Awoke this next day thinking, "yeah, ok, what the fuck was the point of that?" Concluded it was just some garbage in my head and moved on, no biggie, kind of humorous actually. A couple days later, I stroll into the bathroom to discover some funk smell. The fella in the stall did the ol' quick flush, wipe, and wash to show he wasn't afraid to show his (shit)face. Ever experience this? What is the point? Just wait it out and leave w/o revealing your shitface. Yeah, it was the big boss. I had a hard time looking at him. Fuckin' laughed my ass off though once he left.

Pretty sure this is not only the wrong thread but the wrong area altogether...eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww :barf

WILCO THEMSELVES ARE A DREAM.

:thumbup

• 7 months later...

Right after SBS came out I had my two dreams involving Wilco. The first one was a simple hanging out with the band dream. We were just sitting around some large room (Loft maybe), enjoying refreshments. (Wives and children were also present.) Everyone was cordial to me, especially John. Not wanting to be pushy about talking to anyone like a common fan I just went with the flow and spoke to anyone nearby, but only if they talked to me. I ended up having a conversation with Jeff's wife, Sue, who was explaining to me the the inter-workings of the structure of local government and politics. Luckily Jeff saved me from this "fascinating" conversation by approaching me because he noticed I was peeping into some shipping crates while his wife was droning on. As he approached, I realized that inside these containers was Glenn's drumset. I said, "These are great drums." Jeff agreed and clanged on a rim. I said, "And the drummer is great, too." He replied, "We're lucky to have him. And to think anybody could have had him. He was just teaching school and overcoming a damaged ulnar collatteral nerve (I don't even know if such a thing exists.)." To which I responded, "Oh yeah, I forgot about his injury." Jeff did his little sigh and then I woke up. Great, as I get to talking to Jeff, I wake up. Nice to endure the entire Sue Miller conversation, though. Don't know where the injury thing came from (probably from following baseball, plus Glenn sometimes opens himself up while playing with such enthusiasm, you know a 2+2=22 kind of thing).

About two weeks later, dream two occured. This may be some repressed Miami Vice influence.

In my dream, Glenn's wife, Miiri, was murdered, gunned down in the street, drive-by style. Watching the news report with my mother, she wondered how such a thing could happen. Then I told my mother I knew why Miiri was murdered. It was because she stole money from her pusher, whom she was working for to help pay for her cocaine addiction. I relayed an incident where Miiri would not walk alone, so she asked me to walk her to the gated entrance of our community. When we got there, a pimped-up ride with a couple of dudes were parked across the street. They perked-up and reved the engine when they saw us. Miiri sees this, freezes, turns back in a fever, nervously laughing as she tells me she's changed her mind about taking a walk. Knowing her addiction problems, I caught up to her and asked her what was going on. Finally I got her to admit she stole $150,000 from her connection. She was supposed to do a drop, but kept the coin instead. My mother was stunned by all of this and then we were distracted by seeing Jeff on the news. He made a brief statement about the loss in the Wilco family, saying, "We are all saddened and confused by this occurence and we hope to find a way to put it behind us at some point." On that note I woke up and thought to myself, "What the fuck?!"

I may need therapy (and a restraining order should be kept at the ready). And yes I am in love with the drummer (in a non-gay, appreciative-of-his-talent fancy).

DISCLAIMER: Miiri Kotche is a fine woman and human being. To the best of my knowledge, and especially to the lack thereof, Mrs. Kotche is quite alive and not in any way addicted to any narcotic, nor has she ever been (Hooray!); nor has she ever engaged in any criminal activity whatsoever. This is not a statement of fact nor rumor. It was simply a dream and the retelling of it is for entertainment purposes only. If you believe any of this, you may need a higher level of couselling than I apparently do, as these dreams were more logistically possible than most of the dreams I have. If there are doubts, then Via Chicago, its administrators, its advertisers and most certainly not its participants (especially this one) shall not held liable for such ignorance, whether it be real or perceived.

I had a dream the Jeff plucked his eyebrows. I was so disappointed. And recently I had a dream that he was performing at an Evangelical Christian Chuch, but acting like Jim Morrison -- no shirt and leather pants. Again, I was disappointed. I just don't think he's the leather pants and shirtless type.