Dreams of Wilco

Well, as embarrassing as this is, I had a rather naughty dream about JT last night. :blush

I met him in a porcelain shop of all places. We started talking about music and then one thing led to another and we began this sorted love affair. LOL. We'd meet in whatever city they were in at whatever porcelain shop was around. One night I didn't show up but went to the concert. This is the really funny part, at one point I looked up at him on stage and he was pissed standing on a bunch of play-doh boxes wearing jogging pants with a safety pin holding them up. Yup. You heard me. Oh, and by the way, I was wearing a giant parka the whole time.

So, anyone else have any Wilco dreams they dare to share?

TBR&R

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote

So, anyone else have any Wilco dreams they dare to share?

quote]

um, share? no.

I had a dream one time where Jeff and I were in a thrift store with Jay Bennett. Jeff and I were about to leave and go buy banjos, and Jay asked if he could come. We both just started laughing and walked out of the store leaving him there.

In the car, we talked about how we both felt really, really, really bad about the whole damn thing.

What an interesting dream!

The first Wilco dream I ever had was really strange. I was in the Winn-Dixie (now defunct grocery store) and looking for some oranges, and the band (Jeff, John, Glenn, Leroy, and Jay back then) came up in this gold plated van and started walking around the store. The carts they had were gold too. They were looking for oranges as well, and eventually I spoke to Jeff. They let me ride around in their van and we got milkshakes at the end. Don't think I am ever going to forget that dream. :lol

Had another one the night after this recent Santa Barbara show where I lost my shoe, and Jeff found it, thought it was his and had a hell of a time putting it on... :lol

I dreamed about killing them again last night.

I have had a few wilco dreams but none them I remember too well. All of them just catching them live.

I used to have a lot of Dead dreams in which I couldn't get to the main hall where they were playing. The sound was all muffled and I was like under the stage or something. Then I'd finally get to the main concert hall and it'd be fantastic with the lights, fans, loud tunes, etc.

I also had a lot of dreams of me and Cobain hanging out as pals and just talking and shit for a year or two after he offed himself. He was a real nice cat in the dreams, too.

I dreamed that I met John at a children's book store. We talked about children's classics. He fell madly in love with me, of course, and we drove away in a red convertible Ford Fairlane. It was pretty weird.

Highly unlikely. I've got no clue what the Wilcos dream about but I do know that in my dream, John was a fan of "Goodnight Moon." :thumbup

Your dream John has good taste!

I've had a few Wilco dreams, none of which I can remember. Although...I vaguely remember hanging out with Jeff in one. But no details.

I had a dream once where Jeff was my little brother & I had to occasionally smack him around to keep him "in line". Or maybe it was just for my own amusement.

Edit: j/k. I don't dream. :stunned

I have a lot of concert missing dreams too. They SUCK.

Sometimes though, I have dreams I'm seeing bands I've seen, or, even better, bands I haven't seen. Sometimes, bands that I'll never see. It's not Quite as good, but it's a fantastic experience, especially if it's a deep deep, slightly lucid dream.

I had a Wilco dream last night! I dreamed that some friends of mine and I were all going to this hippyfied camping thing (think "Rainbow Gathering") but not together. After everyone was settled into their camping spots, I went to visit my friends at theirs and who did they have camping with them? Nels!! I was like, "You guys know Nels!!! Woah!" So, I was jealous of their camp site because it was bigger and fancier than mine, they had these really cool mutant fish in the river near their tents, and they had Mr. Nels Cline staying with them. Dreams are some weird stuff...but fun!

That's funny, I had a wilco dream last night as well. I was on this stage with Pat in front of a huge crowd. He was rocking out on the organ and I had my acoustic guitar, but I was so nervous that I couldn't sing and eventually I got boo-ed off stage. :(

Guest Left Arm Tan

i had a dream a few years ago in which i was hanging out with the band, in what i assume was the "wilco loft" and they were desperately trying to get me to join the band for their next studio effort, which was going to have electronica/hip hop/house music undertones and they wanted me to sing and lay beats... both of which i do poorly, or not at all. it was kind of funny remembering that one the next day, especially how you kind of remember little bits and pieces of a dream as the day goes on, and first you're kind of like "cool i had a dream i was chillin' with wilco" and then a few hours later you're like "ha, they wanted ME to join the band" and then later that night you finally remember the whole electronica thing and just smirk.

I dreamed I was hanging out with a bunch of friends in a buddy's living room, and we were all having a blast playing Wilco songs. Then Jeff and Sue showed up at the door and Jeff got out a guitar and started playing with us. We jammed along with Jeff all night and he was really cool and told funny stories and talked about songwriting and instruments and just joked around like he was one of the gang.

. . . . oh wait . . . was that a dream?

Kind of seems like it . . . but no, that actually happened. But it seems like it was a dream!

Actually, I've never had a dream about Wilco, but I have had plenty of dreams about getting on stage and suddenly realizing I hadn't been to a single rehearsal or bothered to learn the songs, or even to find out which songs I was supposed to know how to play. I've also had the classic "actor's nightmare," which is the theatre version of that same dream. Suddenly, someone says, "You're on! Get out there!" and I find myself on stage with the lights shining and the audience watching intently and I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Hmmm, I wonder if seasoned performers like the guys in Wilco ever have those dreams. Nearly every actor I know has had that very dream. I wonder if the "musician's nightmare" is also common.

I had a Wilco dream last night! I dreamed that some friends of mine and I were all going to this hippyfied camping thing (think "Rainbow Gathering") but not together. After everyone was settled into their camping spots, I went to visit my friends at theirs and who did they have camping with them? Nels!! I was like, "You guys know Nels!!! Woah!" So, I was jealous of their camp site because it was bigger and fancier than mine, they had these really cool mutant fish in the river near their tents, and they had Mr. Nels Cline staying with them. Dreams are some weird stuff...but fun!

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahha too much.

but seriously i hope most of these are jokes.

Mine are real! :stunned. I attribute the recent occurrence of Wilco dreams to having been watching the videos, listening to the tunes, and spending an inordinate amount of time around here. Outside of famous people dreams, I find that I'm more likely to dream about people who are just acquaintances than I am to dream about my closer friends and family peeps. Dreams are just all kinds of weird...I use to be really into them (had a Freud thing going on) but now I just kind of enjoy them and try not to think too much about trying to make sense out of them.

i had one last night.

it was at the santa barbara show, and they went off stage for their encore, and came back and jon brion was there. he came out on stage and wilco backed him up and he sang "walking through walls". then jason came out and had those of us in the front row form a circle and jeff jumped down in the middle of it, and they were doing this play type thing about a guy trying to buy some milk. jeff had a snake and he turned around and gave it to me. so there i am standing in this circle holding this snake watching jeff and nels and pat doing a play (nels was in a dress, btw) and after the play finishes jeff takes the snake back and gives me a hug and then i woke up.... how weird.

I've had multiple dreams of Wilco sitting around talking in my house.

Last night I have a very vivid memory of a dream where I was at the Oscars with my mom and she was chatting up Sally Field and Maria Menounos about their favorite childrens books.

I had a dream that i was at an acoustic Jeff Tweedy show, and before the show Jeff decided to say a prayer for some reason. And their was this atheist in the crowd who was being very obnoxious and started laughing histarically.