A place to whine and act peeved and put upon

Boy, dog days of summer for sure.....we always see this kind of behavior about this time of year! I think between the suffocating weather and people having to get back into the regular swing of work and school, we all tend to get crabby. Could you guys please use this useful thread to piss and moan harmlessly? I'll even start:

Holey bejeebus, my thermostat registers about 85 degrees here in the room where the computer is, and the rest of the house is no better. I hate when southern CA gets muggy and hot both at once. Evening can't happen soon enough.....if we could even just get a bit of a breeze, it would feel so much better.

Also my daughter is overtired from rocking out last night at the Wilco concert (& up too late!) and then had school today.....with the predictable result that right now she is so full of whine that she oughta be stamped Napa-Sonoma-Mendocino. :rolleyes

And her pesky girlfriend keeps calling even though I told her Alissa was trying to take a nap. :angry (Actually, Alissa is trying to get up, it's her mom who is trying to create the nap phenomenon. Wish me luck, because my darling little blonde pruneface definitely needs a morsel of downtime.)

See? Crabby all over this house. Now you go.

I thought that was what the Umm... forum was for.

Ummm......no, that place is for randomness. This is a specific place to whine. Get busy.

Sean changed his user name and now I'm saddled with this one for 30 more days :realmad

Wow, you sure are crabby. Good job.

Oh, and my whiny daughter just tried to nap without removing her glasses, which is why she just brought them to me in 2 big pieces and 2 very tiny ones. Will this damned heat never end??? Look what it's doing to my normally fair complexion: :realmad

Ninjas made the color schemes of his last 2 avatars match mine, and now people are confusing the two of us!!!!!

lysistratasmith even PMed me asking me for a foot massage once im done with the family of bats in the storage room!!

Because of all the rain in the last two weeks, our NE Indiana lakes are FULL of water and cottages/homes are threatened by the high water levels. LAST weekend the lakes were closed for motor boats. No wake. In my experience, over all these years of having a family lake cottage to enjoy, NEVER has the lake been "closed" by the DNR.

Now, I admit, last weekend it was kinda fun having the whole lake to swim in, people kayaking and sailing and floating on rafts wherever they wanted, not worried about being run over by a jet ski or power boat, but ...

... the DNR is still keeping our lake closed this Labor Day weekend for motor sports. :realmad

I just wish the water level would go down already! :( Summer is running out! :hmm

I went to a "Pizza Picnic" at my daughter's school where I know none of the other parents and ended up hanging around by myself watching the kids play like some loner-freak mom. Plus, the pizza was cold and hard but I'll still donate to help cover the cost. The lemonade was tasty!

On a similar note, my kiddo never had runny noses (or at least very rarely) before she started school and now she gets them regularly. My biggest whine about that is that I cannot convince her that it's not cool to wipe one's nose with one's entire arm and then proceed to lick the snotty arm. :yucky

Ninjas made the color schemes of his last 2 avatars match mine, and now people are confusing the two of us!!!!!

lysistratasmith even PMed me asking me for a foot massage once im done with the family of bats in the storage room!!

you're my favorite. :wub

that story made me throw up in my mouth a little. :realmad

It's not as gross as all of that. She's perfectly cute and clean 99% of the time. I've seen other 2 yr-olds behave much more ickily. Because the runny nose thing is a new problem, we haven't had the opportunity to discuss it with her until recently...we're working on it. Why do kids do that stuff anyway? I know they don't understand the full spectrum of hygiene practices until they are taught what to do but what's the deal with kids thinking the grossest possible solutions are appropriate until we tell them otherwise?

I'm irked that no one has invented a 7-blade razor yet.

The 5-blade has been out for almost two years (it has an additional 6th blade for trimming facial hair on it, too). In these days of instant gratification I demand progress be made on this immediately.

For all I know there have been rogue hairs on my face for this past week that I've been using the free Gillette Fusion (a mere five+ blades) I received in the mail. Hypothetically, these rogue hairs that I can neither see nor feel would cease to exist (if they even exist at all) had I had access to a 7-or-more-blade razor at my "disposal."

And cell phone conversations that have to be heard by everyone within 20 feet of the person having the pointless conversation. Nobody gives a shit that you've got a) a cellphone, B.) friends, or c) where "you at."

Leaping Christ, is it that hard to either tone it down, call the person back, or move to a spot where you can continue the all-important conversation about where the other person is "at" without subjecting everyone else to your inane life?

And cell phone conversations that have to be heard by everyone within 20 feet of the person having the pointless conversation. Nobody gives a shit that you've got a) a cellphone, B.) friends, or c) where "you at."

and d) the loudest most obnoxious ringtone in the solar system.

I got shorted on my paycheck this week & when I called the payroll person she said that rather than just cut me a check for the missing $$$ now, that I'd have to wait until the next pay period because "I'd have to run the whole payroll over again & it's just too much trouble".

Bitch be f'ckin' with my beer money...this could get nasty. :pirate

Ummm......no, that place is for randomness. This is a specific place to whine. Get busy.

Wow, you sure are crabby. Good job.

Oh, and my whiny daughter just tried to nap without removing her glasses, which is why she just brought them to me in 2 big pieces and 2 very tiny ones. Will this damned heat never end??? Look what it's doing to my normally fair complexion: :realmad

And you are complaining :angry ?!? We've been having temperatures around 10 C and floods of rain for weeks now!! It is f*cking end of August, yet we didn't even have a BBQ at my parents at all this "summer"!! We've planned one for next Sunday (Tara's and my birthday), but we already changed plans as there is no chance to have only a slight fire that serves other purposes than warming your hands :no

Can we swap places for a month? I get the Californian summer plus Tom, Alissa & Brennan (we'll talk later about what I am gonna do with Bob :monkey ), and you get the German winter summer plus to put up with Tara & my parents. Deal :D?

:hug

And you are complaining :angry ?!? We've been having temperatures around 10 C and floods of rain for weeks now!! It is f*cking end of August, yet we didn't even have a BBQ at my parents at all this "summer"!! We've planned one for next Sunday (Tara's and my birthday), but we already changed plans as there is no chance to have only a slight fire that serves other purposes than warming your hands :no

Can we swap places for a month? I get the Californian summer plus Tom, Alissa & Brennan (we'll talk later about what I am gonna do with Bob :monkey ), and you get the German winter summer plus to put up with Tara & my parents. Deal :D?

:hug

Sweetie, if I told you the whole whine, you'd never trade places in a million years. :rolleyes

Give Tara a hug for me & have a great BBQ when time and fire allows.

av-13656.jpg

I LOLed and inhaled Diet Coke with Lime. Thanks.

Bitch be f'ckin' with my beer money

:lol

i don't if it's worth whining about or even a peeve, but dita von teese's nipples don't look natural. to the point i think she may be an android.

I am peeved that I have not seen these pictures to make my own judgment on the matter, and that I'm seven hours away from being able to google.