New Ryan Adams EP & more info on boxset...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering this is Lost Highway, I wouldnt' be concerned/get my hopes up until I see it in the stores.

Whether or not the box set sees the light of day really doesn't matter to me; I can't wait for the ep. This is good news. Considering that they are in the process of picking packaging and stuff, it's more likely that it will happen rather than it not happening.

'Blue Hotel' was the one song I looked forward to more than any other on the last tour. Killer song.

Could it be the touch of Robert Hunter in the lyrics? LOL.

I too love the tune and I still haven't heard the version by Willie.

I haven't played ET since it came out. Thats NORML for me, buy the discs to support but

listen to only the live stuff. I must say the Cards having made these ET tunes (live) all the better,

much better in fact. I knew when ET came out the new tunes would easily fit into the Card

chemistry within a live setting.

"Wandering like a fool through the halls of a blue hotel"

I'm not usually a box-set guy, but I am totally psyched for this EP.

Unreleased tracks aside, the two best songs the band played when I saw them last summer in Seattle were "Dear John" and "This is It" -- which honestly couldn't have come as more of a surprise to me. They also played "Down in a Hole" for the encore (duh, Seattle) and did a superb job of it.

Awesome news.

Ryan Adams EP gets title, confirmed tracklist

Writer: Mike Isaac

News, Published online on 18 Sep 2007

As we reported last week, unabashedly prolific singer/songwriter Ryan Adams has an EP coming out Oct. 23. Well, the EP now has a title, Follow the Lights, and a confirmed tracklist, which is as follows (complete with parenthetical song descriptors):

1. Follow The Lights (new song)

2. My Love For You Is Real (new song)

3. Blue Hotel (first official release, recorded live in studio)

4. Dear John (live in studio)

5. This Is It (Cardinals version, live in studio)

6. Down In A Hole (Alice In Chains cover, live in studio)

7. If I Am A Stranger (live in studio)

Along with all of this madness going on, Adams' label, Lost Highway Records, is working on putting out a box set of previously unreleased (although widely leaked underground) material in 2008, to include five albums that have never before officially seen the light of day.

• 1 month later...
It sounds pretty cool. I sort of forgot about this until the dude at the store handed me one a little while ago.

A little while ago? You must have some good hookups. I'll post my thoughts on the CD tonight after I've given it a listen.

They get new cds around 11am every Tuesday at the place I buy cds.

Oh haha, I thought you meant a couple of days ago or something. The EP is great, although I still am not sure about "My Love for You is Real".

And thanks for that article, Ryan is hilarious. Now just imagine the Halloween show...