I Am Trying to Break Your Heart #11

I'm glad Some Kind of Monster was included in this list. Although I know it wasn't intentional, that movie is hilarious. There aren't many good excuses for missing your kid's first birthday, but flying to Russia to shoot a bear that just woke up out of hibernation is probably the best.

"Squillions and squillions of dollars, and squillions and squillions of people." Dave Mustaine and Lars Ulrich crying...it really doesn't get much better. Group lyric writing sessions producing gems like "My lifestyle determines my death style."

Yeah, that should be #1.

Rattle and Hum should be ranked higher. The gospel choir on I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For alone is worth the watch.

I'm glad Wilco was way up there, I didn't really expect that (although, if Fricke was in the shenanigans on the listing, I wouldn't be so surprised). I was also disappointed that Help! wasn't even on there. That was as good as it got - if you count movies, as they apparently did.

I think All You Need Is Cash, then, would have been a solid inclusion.

Pretty cool list. I would have liked to have seen some other personal favorites included, such as Quadrophenia, Concert for George, Queen's Tribute to Freddie Mercury, Loud Quiet Loud, We Jam Econo (previously mentioned), and, of course, This is Spinal Tap.

I'd take Don't Look Back over No Direction Home in a heartbeat.

Me too. Talk about glaring omissions. They should be ashamed, especially when lesser films like "Hype!" are there instead.

I probably would've put Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll and Cocksucker Blues--even if it is only available as a bootleg DVD--on that list too.

Rattle and Hum should be ranked higher. The gospel choir on I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For alone is worth the watch.

Really? Seeing that movie put me off U2 for about 5 years. I think I OD'd on them a bit back then.

Some Kind of Monster? ction's review confirms my suspicions about just how badly it would suck. Maybe it was OK, but #5? Other than that I don't have any major complaints, with the exception of the aforementioned Don't Look Back omission.

I'd say they have films and documentaries mixed together there - I would not place Purple Rain, for instance, in the same category as Woodstock.

Agreed. When I first read some of this and didn't look at the list, I was about to write how Once is not a music documentary, but considering Purple Rain is on I guess fiction has nothing to do with not making the list, so this is just another bogus list.

Rattle and Hum put me to sleep. I found Hail Hail Rock and Roll just as boring.

LouieB

I guess I need to re-see the movie, since I saw I can't remember that much about it except for Bono stupidly spray painting something. I like the music from the album, but not sure why the movie bored me.

Hail Hail should be great, but in fact Chuck Berry is not a really nice person and he comes across as kind of a jerk; I know I tried watching it on tape and never even got to most of the performance footage. I did enjoy somewhat hearing about his early years in St. Louis, but even that was marred by his grating personality.

The Devil and Daniel Johnston just showed up from Netflix today and Deep Blue is an interesting movie also marred by Dave Steward and some other stupid white guy shit in it. Otherwise it is a must see.

The Kids Are Alright is one of the best music documentaries ever....period.

LouieB