• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

walkmen-hundred.jpg

I'm kinda digging this album

they kinda let me down after that first record for whatever reason... the 2nd still had some amazing songs on it though (The Rat obvs).

if you like that 3rd record and that sorta calypso vibe, check out White Rabbits. their album is solid, but their live show is f'n top notch (just saw them the other night).

tmm4.jpg

Two Minute Miracles - Vol IV - Lions of Love

(very cool little cd package - it folds out into a paper house - ie the house of miracles recording studio home to GLS, Constantines, Rock Plaza Central, Hidden Cameras, Jim Bryson etc etc etc)

if you like that 3rd record and that sorta calypso vibe, check out White Rabbits. their album is solid, but their live show is f'n top notch (just saw them the other night).

I've got White Rabbits on Saturday. :dancing Can't wait ever since I skipped them at monolith for William Whitmore.

61CZJDX0M0L._AA240_.jpg

First time in a long time. I'd forgotten how amazing this record is.

:wub

I'd forgotten how amazing this record was until last night in the car on the way home from Chicago in the rain ... I don't think I've listened to the whole album in 20+ years, seriously -- but I still knew every word, every note. What a masterpiece. :worship I was blown away and actually wanted to keep listening in the car once I drove into my driveway even though it was almost 2:00 a.m.

d66658ek410.jpg

This did not, however, diminish the awesomeness that was Steve Earle's brief set at Martyr's last night. ;)

I've got White Rabbits on Saturday. :dancing Can't wait ever since I skipped them at monolith for William Whitmore.

yeah i did the same, and now i sorta regret it... oh well, William was great too, and i skipped him the week before Monolith here since i figured i'd just catch him out there :lol

I'd forgotten how amazing this record was until last night in the car on the way home from Chicago in the rain ... I don't think I've listened to the whole album in 20+ years, seriously -- but I still knew every word, every note. What a masterpiece.

d66658ek410.jpg

I grew up on that album. One of my earliest musical memories is of my dad playing this record very late on a summer night as we sat on the front steps and looked up at the stars.

Hard to say which he played more back then: After the Gold Rush, Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere, or Jackson Browne's For Everyman. My dad was (is) teh coolest. :)

yeah i did the same, and now i sorta regret it... oh well, William was great too, and i skipped him the week before Monolith here since i figured i'd just catch him out there :lol

Yeah, William was great. If it's any consolation, we walked through the WOXY.com room during White Rabbits' soundcheck to see if we could catch their first song, and that place was already packed. Those two indoor stages were way too small... :yes