• KILL EM ALL
    • RIDE THE LIGHTNING
    • MASTER OF PUPPETS
    • ....... AND JUSTICE FOR ALL

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metallica/Ozzy was the first real concert I ever saw, while Metallica was touring for Master of Puppets. So I'm partial to that one.

I can still rock out the beginning of Master of Puppets on my acoustic, but it probably sounds like squirrels fucking on a pile of branches to most outsiders.

Master of Puppets gets the vote. I see each of the three Cliff era albums as a giant step in songwriting and playing, and though we can only speculate where they would have gone next, it would have been superior. Cliff was Metallica's Garth Hudson.

Master for sure.

but i'd prolly choose Justice over Lightning as well (it's close though)...

yes the production is divisive, and in many peoples minds, sucks, but i've always LOVED the overblown sound of Justice (yes even despite the lack of bass guitar), especially on a killer system :rock

that aside, i just think Justice has the best songs of the first 4 albums in terms of lyrics and musicianship, but Master is a better all around record.

when i look through my fave Metallica tracks, i'd say a good majority of my top 20 Metallica songs come from Justice too.

Fuck me, I am only one of two that voted for Justice. I love that album, probably the first thing I heard from the band and always brings bad good memories of walking to work and getting halfway there by the time Blackened was over.

Master for sure.

but i'd prolly choose Justice over Lightning as well (it's close though)...

yes the production is divisive, and in many peoples minds, sucks, but i've always LOVED the overblown sound of Justice (yes even despite the lack of bass guitar), especially on a killer system :rock

that aside, i just think Justice has the best songs of the first 4 albums in terms of lyrics and musicianship, but Master is a better all around record.

when i look through my fave Metallica tracks, i'd say a good majority of my top 20 Metallica songs come from Justice too.

Yes - too bad about the bass thing.

James had to fly to Antartica to shoot penguins. Lars and Kirk are currently brainstorming on some lyrics.

He must have another child on the way then.

At the end of the day, I prefer british metal - which is who Meticallica were mostly influenced by.

Yeah. I like Metallica fine, but they never did anything better than Motorhead did.

Yeah. I like Metallica fine, but they never did anything better than Motorhead did.

I don't know - two different schools - maybe?

I never really listened to much motorhead - but I have always seen them as coming more from a boogie/hard rock background. Plus - Lemmy goes back to the 1960s - he even worked as a roadie for Hendrix for a spell. I think Little Richard is who he looks to as his hero.

It's probably like The Scorpions - what they started out as - is not what they are today. People laugh at me when I say how much I like The Scorpions - but I am refering to the In Trance time period - and certainly not the Rock You Like A Hurricane period.

I saw Metallica and the Scorpions at the Monsters of Rock concert in the mid-late 80's.

True Story.

Blackout was played. :rock

Metallica/Ozzy was the first real concert I ever saw, while Metallica was touring for Master of Puppets. So I'm partial to that one.

Me Too! I saw Metallica about 10 ten times before I was 14, then when they made the video for one, I started losing interest. I saw them once on the Black album tour (w/ G'n'R and Faith No More (Angel Dust is a great record!)) and that was it.

I voted for Ride The Lightning. I like it more than Master, although Master is probably a better record. Maybe the best metal record ever.

It's probably like The Scorpions - what they started out as - is not what they are today. People laugh at me when I say how much I like The Scorpions - but I am refering to the In Trance time period - and certainly not the Rock You Like A Hurricane period.

C'mon A-Man. What do you have against "Rock You Like a Hurricane?". Don't you know that its the greatest song ever made with thick German accents? "Vock you like a hurd-icane!"