Manchester UK show is cancelled...

So I just turned up here to look for reasons for the cancellation and any further news, but it seems there's nothing here but a weak explanation and a bunch of antagonising douchebag Americans. Cheers guys.

Ha! shows how little you know. NONE of the VC douchebags have shown up in this thread yet.

That said, it sure does seem odd that there's no info...

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes it sucks, and no, they don't do this often if ever. I find it VERY hard to believe that there isn't a satisfactory explanation -- we just aren't privy to it at this time. The band and their management take all of this seriously -- it is their livliehood afterall.

Trust me, the band cares a lot about it's fans.

Perhaps, but it's unfair of Wilco to give such a lame reason for cancelling shows without at least promising some kind of replacement tour.

Unfair,who the hell are you?Wilco owes you nothing, and no real explanation.You get your money back,it's not like they stold your car and kicked your dog. Shows are canceled all the time, I've had it happen.

Unfair,who the hell are you?Wilco owes you nothing, and no real explanation.You get your money back,it's not like they stold your car and kicked your dog. Shows are canceled all the time, I've had it happen.

Well, actually WIlco owe me a show since I paid them

wow, you sound like a lot of kids I grew up with. :)

My brother bought me my ticket straight from the Academy box office (yay no booking fees or postage), so no emails for me.
Well, actually WIlco owe me a show since I paid them
I've said it before: it sucks for you all that these shows are cancelled. Honestly, no one's trying to make you feel worse about it.

no, but there are a large amount of people who for some reason (extreme fanboyism?) cannot accept that Wilco are even slightly in the wrong.

I like Wilco's music n all, but I owe them nothing, and so I'll speak my mind when they shit on me. If you make a commitment you should stick to it, especially when it's the people that pay your wages that you're gonna piss off. The *only* reason that I'd accept without issue would be "personal reasons". I'd also accept "exhaustion" or illness/injury if it came with a promise to reinstate the gigs within 6 months or so. Anything else is just plain insulting.

To top it all off we get some weak-ass "We can make more money on this other schedule, than playing to you English bozos" excuse. Way to treat your fans. Heck, they charged enough in the first place for a ticket ($50)! Who do they think they are? U2? Yes it would have been worth it, but that isn't the point.

You're something or other.

ive just signed up to put my 2 bobs worth in.

i only found out about the cancelled shows a few days ago and needless to say i was absolutely gutted seeing as i had a ticket to the london show. ive been a fan since summerteeth came out and havent missed a show in the last 7 odd years.

ive only just got myself a computer and stumbled across this site by chance. ive read all the postings on this subject and i can sympathise as im in the same boat. yeah it sucks but as nearly everyone has pointed out there must be a damn good reason behind it. i know the band are great to their fans and i wont hear any different. whoever it was that referred to them as U2 should be strung up by their.........

anyway, having had myself a day off today i thought id skim the budget airlines to see what was on offer. my first thought was somewhere on the continent but then came across 0.01p flights to dublin on the dates in question. then i went to the ticketmaster website via the band website and found tickets still available for both shows at vicar st(although the 15th was supposed to be sold out). theres a hostel just down the road from the venue (and the guinness brewery is close by) which has dorm rooms for under a tenner.

im flying out of gatwick 10am thursday the 15th going to the final gig of Wilco's SBS tour and flying back the next afternoon to see ryan adams at thehammersmith apollo. should be some week. all you other hard done by fans should join me if you can (my wifes worried), especially if youve never seen em before. they really are the best bloody band in the world.

cheers :thumbup

anyway, having had myself a day off today i thought id skim the budget airlines to see what was on offer. my first thought was somewhere on the continent but then came across 0.01p flights to dublin on the dates in question. then i went to the ticketmaster website via the band website and found tickets still available for both shows at vicar st(although the 15th was supposed to be sold out). theres a hostel just down the road from the venue (and the guinness brewery is close by) which has dorm rooms for under a tenner.

im flying out of gatwick 10am thursday the 15th going to the final gig of Wilco's SBS tour and flying back the next afternoon to see ryan adams at thehammersmith apollo. should be some week. all you other hard done by fans should join me if you can (my wifes worried), especially if youve never seen em before. they really are the best bloody band in the world.

cheers :thumbup

Hummm....

I can't find flights as cheap as that - once you tag on fuel charge, insurance and taxes. Plus to get to Gatwick would cost me around

no, but there are a large amount of people who for some reason (extreme fanboyism?) cannot accept that Wilco are even slightly in the wrong.

I like Wilco's music n all, but I owe them nothing, and so I'll speak my mind when they shit on me. If you make a commitment you should stick to it, especially when it's the people that pay your wages that you're gonna piss off. The *only* reason that I'd accept without issue would be "personal reasons". I'd also accept "exhaustion" or illness/injury if it came with a promise to reinstate the gigs within 6 months or so. Anything else is just plain insulting.

Somebody please shut this bloody thread down before this guy posts any more. Please. Enough. Let it go. Nothing else can be said on this subject. :no

Somebody please shut this bloody thread down before this guy posts any more. Please. Enough. Let it go. Nothing else can be said on this subject. :no

you have the power!

You can close this thread, since you started it. Should be a "Moderation options" pulldown at the bottom left of the page.