• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I ain't got no waffles invites... yet!

What's up with the non-search function on Waffles today??? Having the free leach but not being able to search is breaking my heart.

If you're in what, I wouldn't be too worried about waffles.

For those of you pm'ing me for what invites, I'll send them when I get home from work. After I send those out, I have 7 left, so pm me if you want one.

A friend of mine says that waffles is better than what.

I'm in both, and I disagree.

Right now waffles has more torrents. I find some albums on waffles that I don't find on what, but I occasionally find torrents on what that I don't find on waffles.

I think what.cd is more attractive, the admins are more attentive to the needs of the users, and are quicker to update and enhance site features. And right now they have taken on the huge task of creating their own torrent community code to replace the problematic tbsource.

What.cd encountered some problems early on, but the site has been running seamlessly for weeks. They have already transitioned to new servers in Sweden, after finding out leaseweb was going to kick them off (waffles has yet to make the move), and the site is running smoothly. They seem to have the infrastructure in place to support the community, and the community has grown significantly in the last couple of weeks. Waffles won't open invites until they move to the new servers in Sweden, which causes their biggest problem:

LACK OF LEECHERS.

It is FAR easier to build ratio on what.cd, as the invites have opened and the membership has grown. At waffles, it's a battle to build ratio. Right now they're trying to combat the lack of leeching by offering freeleech, but freeleech brought the site to its knees, and now they've disabled the search function in order to keep the site working.

Right now, what.cd is the far more stable of the two sites.

I see. I wonder why they just don't combine? Ego?

It's the whole Hydra concept. If they combine, it's easier to take them down.

What.cd actually offered to lend some server space to waffles.fm to help them while they're trying to solve their hosting issues, but waffles declined.

I'm in both, and I disagree.

Right now waffles has more torrents. I find some albums on waffles that I don't find on what, but I occasionally find torrents on what that I don't find on waffles.

I think what.cd is more attractive, the admins are more attentive to the needs of the users, and are quicker to update and enhance site features. And right now they have taken on the huge task of creating their own torrent community code to replace the problematic tbsource.

What.cd encountered some problems early on, but the site has been running seamlessly for weeks. They have already transitioned to new servers in Sweden, after finding out leaseweb was going to kick them off (waffles has yet to make the move), and the site is running smoothly. They seem to have the infrastructure in place to support the community, and the community has grown significantly in the last couple of weeks. Waffles won't open invites until they move to the new servers in Sweden, which causes their biggest problem:

LACK OF LEECHERS.

It is FAR easier to build ratio on what.cd, as the invites have opened and the membership has grown. At waffles, it's a battle to build ratio. Right now they're trying to combat the lack of leeching by offering freeleech, but freeleech brought the site to its knees, and now they've disabled the search function in order to keep the site working.

Right now, what.cd is the far more stable of the two sites.

This is 100% true -- I am on both also but not using either very much tbh.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...