The latest Ryan Adams thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks they played a lot of new songs last night. What is the deal with the no meet and greet - someone threatened them or something along those lines I take it.

From Ryan Adams Archive:

Set 1 (1:30)

~~~~~~

Maggie Mountain->

Bartering Lines->

Goodnite Rose

Let It Ride

*New Song "I Fix It"

Everybody Knows

Wonderwall

Why Do They Leave

Peaceful Valley->

Beautiful Sorta

*New Song "Go Easy"

Off Broadway

(Long Ramble About Danzig)

Cold Roses

Shakedown On 9th Street

I See Monsters

Set 2

~~~~~~

Rescue Blues

Dear John

Mockingbird

* New Song "Windowpane"

Elizabeth

Pearls On A String

A Kiss Before I Go

Games

When The Stars Go Blue

Please Do Not Let Me Go

*New Song "Evergreen"

Two

Easy Plateau

Encore:

Sweet Lil Gal

(Improv Song)

Nightbirds

*New Song "Catch Me"

I've got front row for the Ames show.

Stephens will be an interesting venue for him. It's great acoustics and perfect for jazz or someone like Lyle Lovett. I'd love to go, but when it rains, it pours and one has to pick & choose. We have Adam, Jonathan Richman, and Old 97s coming to central Iowa in October, all on weekdays. I'm going w/ 97s. It's closer, and I've heard Adams can be uneven live.

That is good. Tracy and I got a nice intimate semi-acoustic show - due to his arm problem.

Oh that's right. Well, he cancelled his tour last time he was scheduled in KC. I'm going to travel a bit to see him so at least my comrades will be with me if the show goes awry. Though there haven't seemed many reports of that in the last little while.

No, I don't think that sort of deal goes on anymore. Although, when we saw him, he did sort of yell at the audience for yelling out songs that he should play - but that is not a big deal. I don't think he cares much for people wanting him to play Whiskeytown songs.

No, not me. I was just watching - we were right up front. We did see him briefly after the show - but he shined people on - saying that he had to go get an MRI on his arm - or something like that.

I like to watch the players playing. It was pretty dark at that show - so it was hard to see anything.

Currently grooving to:

Let me sing a song for you that's never been sung before

All the words were meant for you and never been said before

She kisses when she sleeps

She kisses when she's sleeping

Guest Hollinger.
Stephens will be an interesting venue for him. It's great acoustics and perfect for jazz or someone like Lyle Lovett. I'd love to go, but when it rains, it pours and one has to pick & choose. We have Adam, Jonathan Richman, and Old 97s coming to central Iowa in October, all on weekdays. I'm going w/ 97s. It's closer, and I've heard Adams can be uneven live.

Where the shit are Old 97s gonna be?

EDIT: Oh yeah, teh Google. People's. I will probably be there as well. I may go see Richman as well, but I hate the M-Shop, so I dunno.

Where the shit are Old 97s gonna be?

EDIT: Oh yeah, teh Google. People's. I will probably be there as well. I may go see Richman as well, but I hate the M-Shop, so I dunno.

How can you hate M-Shop?? A great small venue. Bob Mould once put it on his top 5 to play. I've seen Richard Thompson, Bob, Rhett Miller, Mark Olson & Gary Louris, and even Chick Corea there.

Guest Hollinger.

More the crowd that the place draws than the venue itself. Although Modern Lovers probably aren't particularly popular with the current college crowd, so maybe it won't be as fratty as usual.

anyone seen any shows at in the Nokia Theatre in Grand Prarie?

since i haven't bought tics, i'm wondering if the balcony is still a decent way to go (which is what will probably be left by the time my friend makes up his mind).

that setlist looks pretty great.

p.s. i wonder why they stopped updating this website - http://answeringbell.com/

it was pretty informative.

anyone seen any shows at in the Nokia Theatre in Grand Prarie?

since i haven't bought tics, i'm wondering if the balcony is still a decent way to go (which is what will probably be left by the time my friend makes up his mind).

that setlist looks pretty great.

p.s. i wonder why they stopped updating this website - http://answeringbell.com/

it was pretty informative.

I think I read on the Ryan Adams Archive site that it was going to be combined with the Archive - but I guess it has not happened yet. It would be a shame to lose all of that information - hopefully, they do something.