The latest Ryan Adams thread

here's my ratio: 8-for-8

I attended 8 Ryan Adams & The Cardinals shows 2007. All 8 were absolutely stunningly kick-ass beautiful shows.

Is my ratio a freak of nature? Or is the negative attitude about him more a product of reading only bad press. CNN mentioned the Mpls short show, but failed to mention the 30, I don't know how many, maybe 40 other shows RA did which were great? This is what bugs me ... the mentality behind him only being as good as his last bad show.

Although I will say Mpls has had bad luck with RA. :ermm

PS -- hardwood floor - you name-dropped Catherine Popper, now we want details!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am looking forward to seeing Ryan, regardless of "risk" involved. Some of his catalogue I don't really dig, but the stuff I like, I REALLY like (Gold, Love Is Hell, Demolition, Whiskeytown, Rock and Roll).

wait, instead of complaining about there being multiple threads on certain people, why don't you just make a subforum for stickied threads about those bands? that way, those big threads are out of this section but still exsist if people want them to.

wait, instead of complaining about there being multiple threads on certain people, why don't you just make a subforum for stickied threads about those bands? that way, those big threads are out of this section but still exsist if people want them to.

The force is strong in this one.

Although, I doubt we could all come to a unified theory of every band that should go in such a section.

The force is strong in this one.

Although, I doubt we could all come to a unified theory of every band that should go in such a section.

eh, why does there be a unified theory? it's mostly out of practicality. there are obvious choices-- The Dead, Ryan Adams, Neil Young/Dylan...Then I guess after that it just becomes a matter of watching for what bands come up often and deciding to plop them in there. I don't see why it has to be democratic, I don't think anyone's going to bitch about a thread being moved there. just put them in there and have all news relating to those groups (active or inactive) go in there, as well. For instance, if you have a Radiohead thread, that's where tour date posts could go, etc. if they're all stickied it just becomes a matter of posting in the one you're interested in.

eh, why does there be a unified theory? it's mostly out of practicality. there are obvious choices-- The Dead, Ryan Adams, Neil Young/Dylan...Then I guess after that it just becomes a matter of watching for what bands come up often and deciding to plop them in there. I don't see why it has to be democratic, I don't think anyone's going to bitch about a thread being moved there. just put them in there and have all news relating to those groups (active or inactive) go in there, as well. For instance, if you have a Radiohead thread, that's where tour date posts could go, etc. if they're all stickied it just becomes a matter of posting in the one you're interested in.

I was sticking a WIlco lyric in there - because like Ryan, I am not right in the head.

I rather like your idea - and I think I have asked for such a thing before - but I believe the idea was rejected.

I was sticking a WIlco lyric in there - because like Ryan, I am not right in the head.

I rather like your idea - and I think I have asked for such a thing before - but I believe the idea was rejected.

why? I don't think adding sub forums costs money and moving threads isn't like rocket science.

why? I don't think adding sub forums costs money and moving threads isn't like rocket science.

People seem to prefer starting the same thread over and over again here instead of adding to an existing thread. Plus - if you make a section for one thing, everyone will want a section for something. I agree with you - but I just don't see it happening. It would be cool to have one Ryan Adams thread instead of say, twenty of them.

FACTS ABOUT ME.

1. I never dated Alanis Morrisette. But she is very nice. But I never even went on a date with her. I met her through Ethan Johns and she was just you know one of the nicest people ever and very inspiring so i thanked her several times on a record I made called GOLD which was over-long and maybe half good.

2. I never dated Winona Ryder, but she is my friend and I will always love her. She is so fucking smart and so fucking under the micro-scope I can

when/where was this posted?

i'm really shocked at his country statement. maybe he means what they erroneaously call country that is on 'country' radio stations now.

surely he likes Johnny Cash and Buck Owens. he produced a Willie Nelson record. he covers I Still Miss Someone. it's all over his records, especially Jacksonville.

i'm really shocked at his country statement. maybe he means what they erroneaously call country that is on 'country' radio stations now.

surely he likes Johnny Cash and Buck Owens. he produced a Willie Nelson record. he covers I Still Miss Someone. it's all over his records, especially Jacksonville.

He probably posted it at his own blog (I don't know the link off hand, but it's probably somewhere in this thread). But cool of him to try to disspell some misconceptions about himself, or clear the record regarding tales from the past that have gotten out of hand and then sadly sort of started to define him publicly.

And yes, I think you are exactly right that he is talking about hating the corporate radio type country. I'm right there with him on that, too.

Edit: Here is the link: http://dradamsfilms.com/

This is very cool really.

It's clear that Ryan constantly needs to express himself and I can see where some folks can regard this sort of thing as him just seeking attention.

I think it's more of a case of exercising demons and it being therapeutic. And I'm all for that sort of thing.

Sorry - I figured that people would know where it came from.

This is very cool really.

It's clear that Ryan constantly needs to express himself and I can see where some folks can regard this sort of thing as him just seeking attention.

I think it's more of a case of exercising demons and it being therapeutic. And I'm all for that sort of thing.

maybe it's part of his rehab?

i can't really fault a guy for wanting to express himself so much.

I figure he is pretty fed up with the Bryan Adams deal. I thought that odd too - but it seems as if he was just going off there. I think he is getting ready to delete the blog - so if anyone has not checked it out - now may be the time to do so.

no need to apologize.

are any of the videos worth watching?

Most of them are arty trype films - but, at least you get to here some unreleased songs. There a few that serve as a tour of his apartment.

Most of them are arty trype films - but, at least you get to here some unreleased songs. There a few that serve as a tour of his apartment.

ah, i didn't know it had his own unreleased songs on there.

i just looked briefly but it looked like he was putting his lyrics to his new songs up there.

unless i read it wrong, it seemed to say he had written more solo material and cardinals material.

hopefully he doesn't totally take it down and i can look through it.

He was saying goodbye last night - although he did that once before (not to long ago) - so who knows. He did have comments open - but he turned that function off after a while.

Looks like the Life movie is already gone.

Edited by Analogman
Looks like the Life movie is already gone.

Damn...missed it.

Never really poked around the blog much. Lust looked at a few things that were linked to it.

I like these:

ulkzyvO7R7t1v6r5KZIMzJ3D_400.jpg

and

ulkzyvO7R7kqj85n31iAVy4w_400.jpg

Mockingbird, Warlock and rotary dial.

Kid's tastes run right up my alley.

wow, Cobwebs sounds cool.

"video I made myself using my 06 i movie and my 3 pixel digital eplh camera"

i wonder how much that equipment and program cost.

that looks pretty cool actually - how he layered various things.