The latest Ryan Adams thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would bet that it his name on the contract only - the guys in the band are just hired hands. I am actually surprised he has not replaced them yet - if one looks at his track record with regards to the people he has had playing with him. As I recall, people were not that crazy about Easy Tiger (much like Sky Blue Sky). It will be interesting to see how the new one goes over.

To Ryan, I think they're more than just "hired hands." Judging by his past Foggy post and push for a band name, being the Cardinals, I think this lineup is here to stay. It's a shame people dislike Easy Tiger. I think it's some of his best work.

I have tix for St Louis and ATL, they are at home but recall at least one of them states:

The Cardinals featuring Ryan Adams.

I'll verify tonight.

I dig Foggy, glad it's back up. Ryan may have found it "too consuming" but the band seemed to like the outlet.

There used to be one, I believe through music today just like Wilco, but this new site, I don't think they have it anymore. I even went to music today's site directly and in a search all that came up was a youth and a woman's shirt. It used to have vinyl and posters and shirts.

You can put it in the Sooie wants to go thread.

Oasis + Ryan Adams & the Cardinals:

08-26 Seattle, WA - WaMu Theater

08-27 Vancouver, British Columbia - General Motors Place

08-29 Edmonton, Alberta - Rexall Place

08-30 Calgary, Alberta - Pengrowth Saddledome

09-01 Winnipeg, Manitoba - MTS Center

09-04 Ottawa, Ontario - Scotiabank Place

My wife and I are going to the ATL show. We are very excited. Especially her. She is hot for Mr. Adams. And Rhett Miller. And John Stirratt. But she loves me. Or so she says.

Adams' latest Foggy video is about him having a hit. He mentions something about "Wilco in designer clothes." Check it out.

I think that is an old one - he has been re-posting videos as of late. The one with the puppets the other day was up at the blog before also.

Yeah the "hits" one and "Crossed Out Name" I remember seeing last year at some point, I also remember people going nuts on here because Ryan said the Wilco in designer clothes thing lol. I am glad that he is posting again though, it is entertaining.

"Fix You" sounds pretty cool of the snipet we have, have to hear more of it I figure.

I like that venue. Saw Tweedy a couple years ago there

Ms. Viatroy and I were at that show. No tape exist (that I know of) - which is a shame - do you recall the banter between him and the dude in the front row?

Ms. Viatroy and I were at that show. No tape exist (that I know of) - which is a shame - do you recall the banter between him and the dude in the front row?

The guy requesting Donovan tunes? That guy was obnoxious

After HMD I yelled "Joy Division covers!". Some girl behind me booed because she thought I was requesting an actual Joy Division cover, but Tweedy said something to the effect of "I know what you're talking about"

The guy requesting Donovan tunes? That guy was obnoxious

After HMD I yelled "Joy Division covers!". Some girl behind me booed because she thought I was requesting an actual Joy Division cover, but Tweedy said something to the effect of "I know what you're talking about"

That's it.