The latest Ryan Adams thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't miss this tour. If Madison is any indication, this is the best Ryan's been in YEARS!

Man, we are psyched for Atlanta. We thought that Ryan and the Cardinals were hot at Red Rocks in August '07. From all of the reports this tour is the shit. :dancing

As did I. Except I did the vinyl preorder through Musicdirect so no t-shirt for me...not the biggest loss.

The Fix It single is on iTunes now. The guitars during the chorus make me feel good.

the vinyl bundle is $40 at the Cardinal shop and 17.99 at Music Direct.

so basically you pay $20 or so for the shirt and postcards.

not too interested in postcards at all.

i don't know what i think about the download though. those types of downloads are always lower quality than what you would get on a CD, right?

also, is Fix It not available to stream anywhere entirely?

www.kgsr.com

in studio interview right now.

they played Fix It already.

Dallas show was great. they never left the stage from a little after 8:30 until 11 (curfew). then came back for 3 song encore.

they premiered Stop with Ryan playing it kinda funky on Wurlitzer.

I guess most (all?) of these songs are new - Answering Bell has not been updated since last year, so no luck there.

I think so. "Fix It" is the only one that sounds familiar to me.

This one joins "29" at the bottom.

it's way better than 29 imo but not as good as easy tiger/jcn/cold roses (tho CR is probably my fave ryan). some of the lyrics are really bad imo.

yeah, the fact that it shows some energy & life at least puts it ahead of 29 in that aspect. but you're right, there are some TERRIBLE lyrics on here (Magick in particular, which supposedly Ryan didn't write at least). He also is way too wordy on a few songs, pushing too many words into a phrase and it comes out sounding like mush.

There's certainly plenty to like on the record imo, but it's not gonna be garnering him any newfound praise. I think for him it is a pretty average record, considering his back catalog. Which is not to say an average Ryan record isn't better than many artists, but I think he shits out stuff like this over lunch.