The latest Ryan Adams thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Soundwise. Distorted and just rough.

Hmm I downloaded it last night but haven't had a chance to listen to it. It downloaded extremely fast so I'm hoping it's decent quality.

Hmm I downloaded it last night but haven't had a chance to listen to it. It downloaded extremely fast so I'm hoping it's decent quality.

Yea mine was the same. Too fast for my liking.

Listen to the music play.

It's Magick! Magick!

You're a rain cloud

if it rained mushroom clouds (WTF?)

I heard he's got writer's block, so he's letting that one dude from ABBA write his lyrics.

I gave this a first listen a little while ago. It's not my favorite RA album, but I like it more than I expected to. It's more consistent than Easy Tiger, and there were no songs I hated, though I do think Stop could've been a little shorter. The songs are definitely a lot better live, but it's a listenable, enjoyable album. As I think someone else mentioned, mediocre Ryan Adams (and I'm not even sure I'd go as far as to call this mediocre) is still a lot better than a lot of what's out there.

Easily.

any song that has spelling changed should be avoided at all costs. it's usually a shitty song. magick, case in point. why can't ryan adams just write and sing a song with out all the affected vocals and goofy words. hell, 8 good songs would suffice. sadly, his best days seem behind him. gold could have been a great album had it been only 10 songs and not all the ridiculous production.

any song that has spelling changed should be avoided at all costs. it's usually a shitty song. magick, case in point. why can't ryan adams just write and sing a song with out all the affected vocals and goofy words. hell, 8 good songs would suffice. sadly, his best days seem behind him. gold could have been a great album had it been only 10 songs and not all the ridiculous production.

Magick, in the broadest sense, is any act designed to cause intentional change. The spelling with the terminal "k" was repopularized in the first half of the 20th century by Aleister Crowley when he introduced it as a core component of Thelema.

Thelema is a philosophy of life based on the rule or law, "Do what thou wilt." The ideal of "Do what thou wilt" and its association with the word Thelema goes back to Fran

i liked Easy Tiger alot, too, though I recall I was less than impressed at first couple of listens.

I find that that most music takes time to seep in. ironically most of the music I like immediately soon grows stale.

Is it me, or is this post beginning to sound like Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy???

i thought Easy Tiger was a grower type record. I didn't really dig it after 3-4 listens, then i just left it in my car stereo for a week or 2 and it became probably my 3rd favorite RA record, after "Love Is Hell" and "Gold".

So far the Cadinology diisc seems okay... "Fix It" has a nice groove.

I really dug Easy Tiger, thought it was quite strong and thought it deserved more praise than it got. But now as I've listened to this record quite a few more times and I think it just a typical RA record. A few really killer tunes and then a bunch of filler (Cobwebs and Crossed Out Name are absolutely fantastic imo, to put this in context imagine if Cold Roses was just one disc, jesus it would be killer!). I always feel at times that he needs an editor, but there is something endearing about this massive amount of output and this is where the Neil comparison is fair.

I really like Easy Tiger. I listened to the first half of the new one last night. I like it. It doesn't blow me away but it's nowhere near his worst stuff. It's pretty pretty good.