The latest Ryan Adams thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it one of those videos or just a stream?

if you know where it is, i'd love some linkage. =)

its on the RAA main site's jukebox under playlist #5. its the last song on the playlist called WCRD. wish I could link directly but I can't.. :dontgetit

Anyone think this new album is, at best, B grade Ryan? For me, it's on par with Rock n' Roll or Love Is Hell. One or two songs I really like, two that are okay, and the rest, sorta just.... not exciting?

i'd kill for another RnR compared to this. ugh

Ryan's apology:

An Open Apology to Cardinals, CardinalFam & Fans

To All,

This is Ryan. It is quite early on Friday and I need to say a few things.

I would like to apologize to my friends in the Cardinals, who are like family to me, to our management and our Wise Elders who have taken great care of us and myself for so many years , to Steve at Nasty who is rational and protective and understanding and knows more about comics than anyone I know (which is a lot) to CardinalCrew who build the dream in real time for all of us, day in and out

and to you, Cardinal Fans,

I owe you an apology an explanation and wish to end the cycle of madness my sickness turned craziness created.

I am deeply sorry for how I reacted to my illness, and the defeat I felt on the last tour and the outrageous way I reacted and blame i placed unnecessarily on others.

I was wrong.

I could not be more filled with regret and humbled at my own inability to be mindful during my time of crisis.

The truth is, I know better and am not naturally inclined to this behavior. It is something I felt like was long past me, but I am obviously still learning how to deal and how to cope with my own misfortunes and the sometimes trying world of trying to please many and maintain my own sense of worth and dignity.

I made an awful mistake.

It is no fun to be away from home and to get sick, and even worse to be a singer and lose the very thing which holds me to the Cardinals as ONE part of a much larger, far more precious dream which has been the integration of myself and my abilities towards the band, and a greater musical and creative endeavor which is sharing my work and my heart and my soul and my mind and also my weakness with those I love and trust and also SO MANY OF YOU who carefully came along to explore this idea with us.

I am sorry I let you down. I let myself down too.

CARDINOLOGY and our band The CARDINALS has been the work of so many years traveling, a dream Brad and I had all the way back to before I even recorded my second ever solo album Gold, a mutual dream Neal Casal and I shared so so many years ago, in fact, before I made Heartbreaker, and the trust established between Chris and Brad which led him from the furthest recesses of space to join our noise machine and Jon Graboff who is, in my opinion, the authority on not only the advancement of Steel Guitar playing into future realms but also now an obvious fashion icon (loud autumn colors- Jon

Ryan refers to this new album a few times in that apology as a "dream come true." Most people don't seem to like it all that much. I think its probably hard enough to have people boo you when you leave a show early because you are sick. But people trashing your dream come true? What going to happen then?

I worry about that guy. :hmm

His apology has no mention of redoing the ATL show. From reading his posts you would never guess that he was 33. His blog reads like some college kids facebook/myspace.

His apology has no mention of redoing the ATL show. From reading his posts you would never guess that he was 33. His blog reads like some college kids facebook/myspace.

That's what happens when you spend most of your formative years wasted. When you get straight you have a lot of catching up to do.

Ryan sounds like a guy walking consciously through sobriety. He's leaving some pretty astute (if long winded :lol) observations along the way.

I hope The Cardinals reschedule for you, dcarter.

I think I'm the only person who likes 'Magick.' its a fun song that's very catchy and fulla pop-y goodness.

I think Magick is great! Don't see anything wrong with Ryan doing a trashy rock song every once in a while. :thumbup

As a long time follower of Ryan's music I think it's a nice break from all the sad bastard stuff.

DISCLAIMER: I also like Rock N Roll and the b-sides/outtakes from that era.

*runs*

Rock 'N' Roll is great for what it is--a pop-rock album. I can see how some people would think of it as a throwaway, and it's definitely not his best album, but truthfully it might be the one of his albums that I listen to the most. I was going through a really rough patch in my life around the time it came out, and I played it a lot then. They weren't life-changing songs, but they made me happy.