The latest Ryan Adams thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

he'd at least make for an interesting character in the show, like Jack's long-lost twin bro seperated at birth.

anyone keeping up with the unfolding events at RAA? I do feel bad for the guy tho and hope all is well with everything soon.

I was at that show. Even though he talked about his voice from the get go, no one in my immediate vicinity, 8 rows back, noticed anything less than a fine voice. That doesn't mean that it didn't sound like shit to Ryan. The songs that we heard were freaking stellar. Band was tight and he was rockin', even though he kept talking about being sick and his voice. I thought that it had to be a joke and they'd come back out all ha ha ah. The rest of the Cardinals looked shell-shocked when he said, 'that's it'.

The guy is allowed to be sick but if he was as sick as he says in the blog then he should not have gone on at all. Postpone it like the shows on the 10th and 11th. Why go on if you feel as shitty as he described? I hope that it is rescheduled and original tickets honored. If not that then a refund. 1 hour and 10 minutes is not 'An evening with the Cardinals starts between 8-9 and lasts until curfew' as the website proclaimed. Did he not expect people to be upset?

He comes out talking about his voice and being sick but plays/sounds great. Also he played many rockers that required really using his voice. If it was so bad, then why sing tunes that will wreck it more?

That's the name of thegame. You never know what will result at a show.

I was at that show.

Sorry to hear it, dcarter. I had it in the back of my mind to keep an eye out for your review since you seemed so excited to be going to a show. Sorry you got stuck with a dud. I hope he makes it up to Atlanta.

Anybody a member over at the RAA or tobeyoung.org? Looks like a war is brewing...

I read the thread about the 'Choose life fuck this' blog, titled FOGGY walking pneumonia post. There are apparently many people with psychological problems that post at RAA. Many of them frighten me with there blind devotion/love for him. I have been a fan since the first Whiskeytown album but these freaks are pathetic. The worst elements of VC do not even compare to the flakes at RAA. Wow.

Agreed, but that site has sure has lots of great music on it.

I'm a member just for downloading shows and getting tabs. It's like going into the bad part of town to buy drugs.

What is it you guys are seeing? I have looked at that site many times - I have never saw anything but people talking about the music.

http://www.ryanadamsarchive.com/showthread.php?t=12704 This is the 'walking pneumonia' thread where they discuss his blog rant that was posted on page 23 of this VC thread. "fuck this choose life"

The RAA thread about the ATL show was deleted because many people complained about 'poor sick Ryan being unfairly criticized'. Wow.

The RAA thread about the ATL show was deleted because many people complained about 'poor sick Ryan being unfairly criticized'. Wow.

I dont really understand censorship on band message boards at all, but I certainly don't understand why a thread defending Ryan would be deleted. If your statement above is true, why would they delete something like that? I could *maybe* understand someone getting trigger happy and deleting a thread where fans are piling on Ryan for cancelling the show.

I dont really understand censorship on band message boards at all, but I certainly don't understand why a thread defending Ryan would be deleted. If your statement above is true, why would they delete something like that? I could *maybe* understand someone getting trigger happy and deleting a thread where fans are piling on Ryan for cancelling the show.

That was it. It was a show review thread and obviously discussion of the abrupt end ensued. I didn't read the original before it was deleted but the second one, also deleted, had many complaints that too many people were 'being mean to Ryan'. The original was deleted for similar reasons. Jaysus. The thread where his blog rant is discussed gets 'filibustered', RAA term not mine, meaning that to stop the disrespect of poor, flu-ridden Ryan, sycophants just start randomly posting all kinds of shit for pages and pages. Ha ha ha! Talk about needing a life.

There is some awesome music available, though.

http://www.ryanadamsarchive.com/showthread.php?t=12704 This is the 'walking pneumonia' thread where they discuss his blog rant that was posted on page 23 of this VC thread. "fuck this choose life"

It's not that unusual for fans on a fansite to speak up for the band though, yes? I have seen that on every message board I have ever looked at. It could also have to do with him calling the RAA "the official Ryan Adams message board", and due to the fact that he actually posts there from time to time.

It's not that unusual for fans on a fansite to speak up for the band though, yes? I have seen that on every message board I have ever looked at. It could also have to do with him calling the RAA "the official Ryan Adams message board", and due to the fact that he actually posts there from time to time.

Not unusual to speak up at all. But to delete a thread because the poor musician is being criticized is childish. He's a musician not their momma. Closing a thread after it becomes monotonous and redundant, as is done here, is fine. Deleting it so that no evidence of crticism remains, as is done there, is incredibly immature.

I don't know if I have ever seen anything more lame on the internet than 'filibustering'. "We'll keep those meanies from hurting Ryan!". If that kind of bullshit happened here, I'd be embarrassed. Thanks, mod/admins, for having 'good common sense'.

If it is because it's 'the official Ryan adams message board' and that 'he posts there' then he is King hypocrite. His blog is often a negative rant but his fans are not allowed the same opportunity?

Viva Via Chicago!!

Not unusual to speak up at all. But to delete a thread because the poor musician is being criticized is childish. He's a musician not their momma. Closing a thread after it becomes monotonous and redundant, as is done here, is fine. Deleting it so that no evidence of crticism remains, as is done there, is incredibly immature.

I don't know if I have ever seen anything more lame on the internet than 'filibustering'. "We'll keep those meanies from hurting Ryan!". If that kind of bullshit happened here, I'd be embarrassed. Thanks, mod/admins, for having 'good common sense'.

If it is because it's 'the official Ryan adams message board' and that 'he posts there' then he is King hypocrite. His blog is often a negative rant but his fans are not allowed the same opportunity?

Viva Via Chicago!!

I see your point - but I suppose that is standard also, things get shut down more so than here. I think there comes a times when people are jabbing at the band just to be jabbing and/or just to upset others. I should say I have mainly just looked at the first couple of threads at that place on the news page, off and on.

also, he wrote a song where he name drops RAA and everyone on the board flipped.