The latest Ryan Adams thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cardinology has some great tracks and some duds....overall it's somewhat sub-par....however, I just made this mix of the best Ryan songs from his last three releases: Easy Tiger, Follow the Lights, and Cardinology

Goodnight Rose (Live Version)

Born Into A Light

Everybody Knows

Go Easy

Down In A Hole

Fix It

Two

Tears Of Gold

Cobwebs

The Sun Also Sets

Off Broadway

Blue Hotel

Two Hearts

Let Us Down Easy

My Love For You Is Real

Crossed Out Name

These Girls

Natural Ghost

Follow The Lights

I Taught Myself How To Grow Old

Stop

it's amazing the amount of great songs this guy has. I can't say I would have minded waiting the extra year and hearing Easy Tiger and the best songs on Cardinology combined.

I can't say I would have minded waiting the extra year and hearing Easy Tiger and the best songs on Cardinology combined.

I never understand this sentiment. Why would anyone want to wait longer to have less music? Sure, Ryan puts out some duds, but so what? We can all skip over the tunes we don't like, or as you did, create a compliation of his last 3 albums. Isn't it better to have more to choose from? What if my dud is your fave?

(Not trying to pick on you, sunken treasure. I've noticed that a lot of people voice similar opinions. I understand "critics" doing it -- they have to be "objective." I'd think the fans would want to sample as much output as possible and filter out what they don't like themselves. Why have Ryan do the filtering for us?)

Sure, there are songs that some will like and others will hate but

the more is better concept destroys the great album concept. Any

Artist can obviously do whatever they want with their work, but

Ryan becomes more interesting to me with a lower volume of

more solid work.

I still think there's something to be said about putting out something super solid start to finish.

I guess I can't argue with that. There is certainly something special about a really solid album from start to finish and Ryan doesnt appear to have that as a goal.

Although some people really dig on 29, and some people hate it. Some people think Cold Roses is perfect and some think it has filler. If I happen to think Cold Roses is perfect the way it is, the last thing I'd want is for Ryan to have self-editted the release down to one super solid disc.

more solid work.

Did you buy SBS on CD or Vinyl?

more solid work.

Understood.

Curious -- do you think Exile on Main Street or the White Album could have been great single LPs? I know it's apples and oranges and Cold Roses doesn't hold a candle to either.

Understood.

Curious -- do you think Exile on Main Street or the White Album could have been great single LPs? I know it's apples and oranges and Cold Roses doesn't hold a candle to either.

I'm not really thinking cold roses, more that this new release is pretty mediocre as a whole. How many discs of music has he released over

the last, say, 24 months? Even at half that he's prolific.

I kind of saw the Cardinals on Friday night. At least for an hour. Then Ryan's voice went out and he walked off teh stage.

Very disapointing situation. It was my first experience, it was friday night, i was very excited and to get an hour in and have them have to abort was a bit of a downer.

:(

New songs sounded very good live.. well the ones i heard at least.

I kind of saw the Cardinals on Friday night. At least for an hour. Then Ryan's voice went out and he walked off teh stage.

Very disapointing situation. It was my first experience, it was friday night, i was very excited and to get an hour in and have them have to abort was a bit of a downer.

:(

New songs sounded very good live.. well the ones i heard at least.

Atlanta...

Hi everyone, Brad here

Yeah it's been back up for...I wanna say about a week...nothing new since about Friday, until today. There was a post earlier (basically a big "fuck you" to Stereogum for talking about the whole Courtney Love thing) and then this. I'm not sure what to think. It's hard to understand the meaning of these:

"how many people asked me if i was okay in the cardinals.

answer= 0"

"i look forward to finishing my job so i can get back to work. as in, stuff i actually like with people who actually are interested."

"i hope you don

sounds likes he's ticked that no one in the band cares that he's sick, be it band members/ crew. its strange to think how many people get their paychecks solely based on his performances and when he can't play due to illness, people likely get pissed. anyways, this is bad news for everyone involved but people need to understand that artists are humans too and aren't perfect, get sick, etc... hope the guy gets better soon.

There was a post earlier (basically a big "fuck you" to Stereogum for talking about the whole Courtney Love thing)

really - what a delayed reaction.

maybe he just saw it when he read the Stereogum early review?

is the post addressing Courtney Love saved anywhere?

check what is on the Cardinal blog in the sidebar:

we are a corporation

it's like a lie

with jams

Yeah here's the response to the stereogum stuff:

you fucking assholes.

fuck you.

you actually think i would be so stupid, so disgusting, as to engage in a romantic relationship with “whatever that is”

you are such assholes.

i was in a steady and happy relationship not to mention made a record with said persons Boyfriend- how that works out that i was romantically connected is

a. you are assholes who enjoy this ( you are assholes)

b. said person could be reality challenged.

so,

in a word

go fuck yourself.

or worse,

call that woman up.

i certainly was busy at the time making a record and being in love with a wonderful woman.

i suppose you can’t see that.

i hate this.

i want ZERO of this.

thanks you were the straw and i am the camel

and

well,

i am better than this

i don’t need this shit

later.

i quit.

i’ll finish out what i have to then i quit.

i’d rather live a life where i didn’t have to defend my dignity because YOU and CRAZY people are on the loose.

seriously fuck you,

I think this was a big misunderstanding. I read the stereogum thing the other day and in the beginning they usually tie in links to other related articles and when they said: "The prolific author, Oasis fan and Courtney Love lover Ryan Adams is rarely far from our thoughts." he took it as them saying they were in a relationship...or something.

Gaaa...I feel like this is all becoming very Page Six/Perez Hilton.