The latest Ryan Adams thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MANHATTAN

I have lived on the island for so long. i feel like i have done what i could to see it in as dreamy a way as possible- to share that- i do what community service i can ( i am gone a lot)- and when Time Out New York (the 40 issue) came out- the only uplifting thing i read was Jay-Z

New dates with Oasis for December. I think presale starts tomorrow.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/Oasis-tickets/artist/766720

Thanks man! All that matters is that folks want to pass along information. I never understood the whole 'this has been previously mentioned' vibe that exists here. What is the point of it other than to make someone feel bad?

Whew! I have wanted to get that off of my chest a couple of years. I don't know why now was the time...

just me but i'd much rather listen to oasis than all the viachicago favorite artists like she and him, drive by truckers, my morning jacket, bon iver or -- ugghh -- dr dog

no, I was referring to the fact that he only has 20 posts and 18 of them are regarding Oasis...at least anecdotally.

Oh, and I'm guessing that either you haven't heard most of the artists you're referencing, or you have crappy taste in music. ;)

just me but i'd much rather listen to oasis than all the viachicago favorite artists like she and him, drive by truckers, my morning jacket, bon iver or -- ugghh -- dr dog

dr dog of all people?

they're the most Beatle like and that's who Oasis has admittantly tried to copy their entire career.

Oasis really jumped the ship of excess on Be Here Now though.

i remember reading an article about how that was one of the worst follow up albums of all time.

i listened to clips of the last album and remember thinking it may be decent, but i never got around to getting it.

Giants didn't impress me at the time.

i have no idea of the albums in between.

i will say - i really like the artwork for the new album.

Any St Louis folks onboard here?

I'm heading over yonder for the show this Saturday.....tell me what is a close hotel to The Fox?

I prefer to walk, but doesn't appear to be any hotels withing walking distance. Next option would be

to cab it and prefer to stay in a hotel somewhere near some bars, food JOINTS. Is the Train Station place

ok?

anyone read them "excerpts" from RA's new, soon-to-be-released book? if not, here they are! by the way, I lifted this from the RAA...:

found this a while ago on tobeyoung - not sure as to the legitimacy of the statements but if nothing else it is interesting--if anyone can back this up it would be great- if not enjoy

Re: Infinity Blues

The knockers have started already. Poor Ryan.

Quote:

A sneak-peek at Adams' short story collection, due in 2009.

BY RANDY HARWARD

So Ryan Adams is diversifying: he's gonna issue a collection of prose via Brooklyn-based fringe publisher Akashic Books. The as-yet-untitled book isn't due until 2009, but you know BLURT has the hookup. We traded a bunch of watermarked promo CDs and two dirty books for the following excerpts from three of Adams' short stories. Enjoy.

"(B)RYAN"

The dream is always the same. I'm onstage, dripping in sweat and wearin just my tighty-whiteys. Jay Farrar, Jeff Tweedy, Kurt Cobain, Johnny Cougar, John Cougar Mellencamp and John Mellencamp are in the front row, just staring at me. Their mouths move and, while no sound comes out, I know what they're saying.

Me and some guys from school...had a band and we tried real hard... Jimmy quit... Jody got married... Shoulda known... we'd never get far...

Oh, but when I look back now, that dream seemed to last forever. If I had a choice, I wouldn't wanna be there. That was the worst dream of my life.

"NO DEPRESSION IN THIS ONE-HORSE WHISKEYTOWN"

I carried Caitlin for miles before my back finally gave out. We'd been walking in circles, through tangled kudzu and stinging nettle, looking for a way back to civilization.

Neither of us knows how we got here. Last we recall, we were on Faithless Street. She was nagging me about the surgical tubing on my arm and the syringe bobbing from the crotch of my arm like a drowsy flesh sausage, the plunger leering blindly at her like an opaque plastic thing. She looked lovely-both of her-as I drifted off to float over fields of cold roses.

Something she said echoed in my head like a bad end-rhyme. Knockin'... rockin'... Dokken... What she meant, only the opaque plastic thing knows. The significance, I'm sure, is what I'm missing.

Missing. Kissing.

It's nearly dark. I can hear my sanity crumbling on the chill wind.

"HALLOWEENHEAD (FOR MICHAEL MYERS)"

"Jamie Lee Curtis is definitely a dude," I told the guy in the papier-m