The Black Crowes - 14 October 2008 - Lupos - Providence, RI [ USA ]

Movin' On Down The Line

Goodbye Daughters Of The Revolution ->

Wiser Time

Comin' Home

Girl From A Pawnshop

Welcome To The Goodtimes

Whoa Mule

You've Got To Hide Your Love Away (this includes: Jam->Norwegian Wood Jam)

Locust Street

To Love Somebody

God's Got It

Let Me Share The Ride -> Jam

Song Of Love

Oh Josephine

Jealous Again

Wounded Bird

- encore -

Hey Grandma

This is a lot better than the last show I heard from this tour. It is up at bt.etree.org.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw them at the end of august at the MN state fair. i thought it was awesome

setlist:

MOVIN' ON DOWN THE LINE

GOODBYE DAUGHTERS OF THE REVOLUTION

JAM -> BLACK MOON CREEPING

WEE WHO SEE THE DEEP ->

JAM -> THORN IN MY PRIDE

WHOA MULE

GIRL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY

QUINN THE ESKIMO

POOR ELIJAH - TRIBUTE TO JOHNSON (MEDLEY)

WELCOME TO THE GOODTIMES

SISTER LUCK

WISER TIME

GOD

Did Rich always sing You've Got To Hide Your Love Away? I thought Chris sang that one. I'm glad to see they brought back To Love Somebody - their take on it is similar to the Flying Burrito Brother's version.

i think he always sang it? he sang quinn the eskimo here & it was snooze central, imo

I don't much care for Rich's singing. I could swear I have heard Chris singing You've Got To Hide Your Love Away somewhere.

depends on the song but yeah, i usually don't like it. the problem is, chris has such an amazing voice that rich just can't come close to it. i prefer(ed) marc's voice.

I've not heard Rich's or Marc's album - I should check those out some time.

• 4 weeks later...

Up at bt.etree.org

Black Crowes (Acoustic)

Town Hall

New York, NY

November 3, 2008

Schoeps MK4's>Schoeps KCY 250/05I>Schoeps VST62ui>Sound Devices 702 (@24/96)

CF>USB Card Reader>Soundforge 9(Fades, Sample Rate/Bit Rate Conversion)>CDWAV>FLAC

Recorded By Keith Litzenberger From Orch R/C Row E (in front of Right PA Stack)

Setlist:

UNDER A MOUNTAIN

NONFICTION

NEVER ENDING SONG OF LOVE

WYOMING AND ME

BRAND NEW HEARTACHE

WISER TIME

SHE TALKS TO ANGELS

OH JOSEPHINE

WHOA MULE

DARLING OF THE UNDERGROUND PRESS

BRING ON BRING ON

HE WAS A FRIEND OF MINE

HERE COMES DAYLIGHT

THORN IN MY PRIDE

STONED FACES DON

A ha. At first I was not sure about Luther, or the setlists, but the the shows I just grabbed sound pretty together. I'd like to see them again someday - I saw them once, October 14th, 1990, they were opening for Robert Plant.

Setlist from Halloween of this year:

(Only) Halfway To Everywhere

Evergreen

Sting Me

Seeing Things

Evil Eye

She Talks To Angels

Poor Elijah - Tribute To Johnson (Medley)

Ain't No More Cane On The Brazos

Whoa Mule

Torn And Frayed

Wee Who See The Deep -> Jam ->

Thorn In My Pride

Wiser Time

Remedy

Wounded Bird

- encore -

Good Friday

Hey Hey What Can I Do

# last "Hey Hey What Can I Do" - 10/19/99

• 2 weeks later...
The Black Crowes Mulling Next Album

November 26, 2008 10:41 AM ET

Gary Graff, Detroit

Black Crowes guitarist Rich Robinson says that he and brother Chris Robinson, the group's frontman, have "tons of songs around. Chris and I are always writing." They just have to figure out what to do with them.

"We want to make another record" with the Crowes, the younger Robinson tells Billboard.com, which likely means a 2009 follow-up to this year's "Warpaint." That was the Crowes' first set of new material in seven years and the band's first for its own Silver Arrow Records imprint.

"We still want to do this," Robinson says. "Having all this sort of new enthusiasm and this newfound sense of identity as a band, I think we want to put it to good use and make another great record and really do some different and interesting things."

The Crowes resume their Euphoria Or Bust Tour on Dec. 5 for a dozen dates, finishing with a five-night stand Dec. 15-20 at the Fillmore in San Francisco. Now shows have been announced yet for 2009, and Robinson notes that recording will be a priority.

"Right now I'm just writing what I write, and Chris is writing what he writes," the guitarist says. "When we get together and put all of our songs together, I think it'll dictate what common direction it's going to go. Once that happens, that's when I think everyone's gonna come in and we'll solidify everything."

The Robinsons also hope to do some more work as Brothers of a Feather, which they launched with a 2006 duo acoustic tour. "Chris and I had so much fun doing it, we're talking about making a new Brothers album of all originals," Robinson reports, adding that they're not concerned about having to make a Solomon's choice between songs for that project and for the Crowes.

"I think the context will dictate that pretty easily," he says. "I think there will be songs that are more suited to that (acoustic) presentation than what would be right for the Crowes. We'll just keep writing and come up with things and suss through 'em all. It's better to have too much material than too little.

• 3 weeks later...

12-10-2008

Black Crowes,

12-10-2008,

First Avenue,

Minneapolis, MN

MOVIN' ON DOWN THE LINE

WISER TIME

A CONSPIRACY

WALK BELIEVER WALK

EVIL EYE

DARLING OF THE UNDERGROUND PRESS

GIRL FROM A PAWNSHOP

LONG BLACK VEIL (w/ Gary Louris and Vetiver)

YOU AIN'T GOING NOWHERE (w/ Gary Louris and Vetiver)

MY MORNING SONG

SHARE THE RIDE

BY YOUR SIDE

OH JOSEPHINE

JEALOUS AGAIN

WOUNDED BIRD

- encore -

SOMETIMES SALVATION

i was there. holy shit. one of the best rock shows i've ever seen. they truly are the most rock n roll band in rock n roll. i would've been happy paying $40 for the jamboree (the vetiver/louris songs, as chris referred to it). luther just gets better & better. and chris was on fire last night.

during wiser time, a fight broke out during luther's solo. rich yelled at the guys fighting (hey, relax down there!). so, after the song, chris says something like: 'thanks for showing up tonight, good to see everyone. cept for that drunk fucker. he must've came over from the oasis show across the street'