The Black Crowes

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still looking for the show that was not suppose to be taped. I may have a source - I will know sometime today.

The Black Crowes Wrap Up Sessions at Levon's Place

The Black Crowes finished a few days of recording this past weekend at Levon Helm

I am still looking for the show that was not suppose to be taped. I may have a source - I will know sometime today.

I would love to hear that. A nice glimpse into the next album.

I am still amazed by how good the sound is on that tape. I guess the brief period of time it was on bt.etree.org caused them to pull all of the Black Crowes torrents that were on there.

I am still amazed by how good the sound is on that tape. I guess the brief period of time it was on bt.etree.org caused them to pull all of the Black Crowes torrents that were on there.

That sucks that they pulled all the torrents. Seems a bit extreme.

Did you find Wrap up Sessions?

This is the tracklist:

The Black Crowes

21 February 2009 - Levon Helms Barn - Woodstock, NY

1. Chris banter

2. Aimless Peacock (1st time played)

3. Greenhorn (1st time played)

4. The Shady Grove (1st time played)

5. The Shady Grove (take 2)

6. Shine Along (1st time played)

7. Shine Along (take 2)

8. What Is Home (1st time played)

9. What Is Home (take 2)

10. Fork In The River (1st time played)

11. Roll Old Jeremiah (1st time played)

12. Houston Don't Dream About Me (1st time played)

13. Kept My Soul (1st time played)

14. Kept My Soul (take 2)

15. Make Glad

16. And The Band Played On (false start)

17. And The Band Played On (false start)

18. And The Band Played On (false start)

19. And The Band Played On (false start)

20. And The Band Played On (1st time played)

- encore -

21. So Many Times (1st time played)

22. The Dolphins (1st time played)

23. Ain't No More Cane On The Brazos

This is the March 1st setlist:

Garden Gate

The Last Place That Love Lived

Appaloosa

Appaloosa (take 2)

So Many Times

So Many Times (take 2)

Little Lizzie Mae

Fork In The River

A Train Still Makes A Lonely Sound

A Train Still Makes A Lonely Sound (take 2)

A Train Still Makes A Lonely Sound (take 3)

Good Morning Captain

Good Morning Captain (take 2)

Lady Of Avenue A

And The Band Played On

Been A Long Time (Waiting On Love)

Make Glad

Make Glad (take 2)

I Ain't Hidin'

- encore -

The Dolphins

# with Larry Campbell on various instruments

# Joe Magistro played percussion on "Been A Long Time"

# Recorded live for release in front of a studio audience

I thought that was odd. I am sure they have been practicing these songs - otherwise, it would have been a complete train wreck. Make Glad sure sticks out from the rest of the songs.

I thought that was odd. I am sure they have been practicing these songs - otherwise, it would have been a complete train wreck. Make Glad sure sticks out from the rest of the songs.

It sure did! Sounded like a lost "Amorica" tune or something. I could stand to hear a few more like that from them.

• 1 month later...

The Crows have released an official Live version of Wapraint. It will be released April 28th of this very year. It contains the album in full along with a second disc of 6 song that have somecover tunes along with some older Crowes stuff. Here is the track listing:

CD1

01. Goodbye Daughters Of The Revolution

02. Walk Believer Walk

03. Oh Josephine

04. Evergreen

05. Wee Who See The Deep

06. Locust Street

07. Movin

• 3 weeks later...

No, I don't think there is much he does like in the world. His photos are great, but that dude needs a boot to the head. I have not bought the new live album yet either.

In an interview with a Dutch newspaper Chris Robinson revealed that the new album name will be "Before the Frost, Until The Freeze". A Roots album based on bluegrass and country blues, filled with banjo's and violins... that's the real roots of Rock 'n Roll C.R. says...

Here's the article translated from Dutch to English by Google!!!

-----------------

By: Peter Schong

Published: yesterday 23:56

Update: Today 09:05

There was success. There was a fight. But everything is back cakes and egg in the Black Crowes.

'No idea', said singer Chris Robinson by phone from California and asked him what the Black Crowes Wednesday in the Heineken Music Hall to play. "We have so many numbers. We are not a greatest hits band. We do not repeat things. We live in the moment. So I do not know what we are going to play until shortly before the action, 'said the bearded singer. "Probably it will be a mix of our first record, personal favorites, new material and improvisations. If we act somewhere where we do not play so often, we do the songs people want to hear. In America we are constantly on the road and wants to give new material. And we were last year in Amsterdam. "

Not that Robinson will take the pain his old hits again and again to be run. "The old songs never uitgekauwd, because a good song will change with you. If you have more life experience, those songs a new meaning. You've had relationships, have friends and loved ones lost, children have received new friends, good times polite. The fans, too. "

Private plan

The Black Crowes bluesrock which debuted in 1990 sounded completely different than the other music in that time. The album Shake Your Money Maker with singles Hard to Handle (Otis Redding cover) and She Talks to Angels were hits. The following albums, the band is musical boundaries shift. Moreover, built Crowes, on the stage like a couple of hours jamming, a strong live reputation. But the commercial success of their debut evenaarde the band ever, with the result that the Columbia band in 1999 on the side continued.

"We have always made our own plan. What is not without incidents went, if I'm honest. We were also fighting against the system. The joke is that after we started our own label, we have the best sales figures since the early nineties. "

Quarrel

Then there were the many quarrels, especially between the brothers Chris and Rich Robinson. But the band was a come and go like a Chinese takeaway. What was wrong?

'Do you have brothers or sisters? Are you guys ever fight? But you do solid business with them? Musicians are very sensitive people. People change in life. Life changes. Everyone will feel differently. Especially in the competitive nature of brothers. There are egos, money, etc. We have known times of great success, problems, conflicts, drugs. During the first decade of the Black Crowes, we lived together in a kind of submarine, so sooner or later you will suffer from hutkoorts. "

According to Robinson, the band now "extremely stable. Regret any difficulty he has not. "You can not regret. Everything comes back in the music, good or bad. There is no time for regret. It is what it is. "

Roots

In September there is a new double album in the shop. "In Before the Frost, the Freeze Until we dig deeper into our roots: bluegrass and country-blues. You hear a lot of violin, banjo, mandolin. These are the true roots of rock 'n roll. "

It will be a sausage Robinson refused or people Crowes are a retro band. 'I like me not doing. I have twenty years a successful career, so I do not understand what they mean. It will make me become one being. If people think that they have never listened to our music.

I happened to be in Best Buy today, so I picked up the Live Warpaint deal. It sounds pretty good so far.

What's the deal with the AUD track of people talking in the beginning of There's Gold In Them Hills?

Actually, it seems to be in several other songs.

I happened to be in Best Buy today, so I picked up the Live Warpaint deal. It sounds pretty good so far.

What's the deal with the AUD track of people talking in the beginning of There's Gold In Them Hills?

Actually, it seems to be in several other songs.

I still have not pulled the trigger on Live Warpaint. That album has just not worked for me yet. I would like to hear "Torn and Frayed" however. I will probably still pick it up at some point because I always end up getting whatever the Crowes put out.

I still have not pulled the trigger on Live Warpaint. That album has just not worked for me yet. I would like to hear "Torn and Frayed" however. I will probably still pick it up at some point because I always end up getting whatever the Crowes put out.

I really recommend it. Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution has a bit more bite live than on the studio album which really adds to the flavor, and if you like this sort of stuff, Luther gets more liberal in his slide work, which I happen to love.

i really love warpaint & live it's fantastic. sure it may not be on par with their other stuff but i think it's a great addition to their discography. i'm excited to hear the new album. sounds interesting. i've always wanted them to do a mellow/country type album.