The Black Crowes

I love all the Crowe talk. Getting me to think about buying a ticket to see them at the Riv. Best albums are without a doubt Three Snakes, Band Sessions and Southern Harmony. I like the new album but not nearly as much as some of their older stuff and the bonus album isn't good.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all the Crowe talk. Getting me to think about buying a ticket to see them at the Riv. Best albums are without a doubt Three Snakes, Band Sessions and Southern Harmony. I like the new album but not nearly as much as some of their older stuff and the bonus album isn't good.

still loving the new album. i really think it works well as two separate albums. the last place where love lives fits well at the end of the second disc, i think. both are just growers. checked out some allstars stuff and that is a bit too REAL for me. did like the chris solo stuff. may get into that after i digest the new one. i am thinking about seeing them too in atlanta in october.

I am listening to the The Complete Tall Sessions - which I have not heard in quite a while. I'd say they should have just put out the tapes/the whole thing as they were, without messing with them.

Band/Artist: The Black Crowes

Date:

Venue:

Source:

Notes: Complete Tall sessions

Set/Track list: Disc 1

1. Exit

2. The Fear Years

3. Bewildered

4. She Gave Good Sunflower

5. Title Song

6. Bitter Bitter You

7. Tied Up & Swallowed

8. Cursed Diamond instrumental (acoustic)

9. Sunday Night Buttermilk Waltz

10. Jam (Dirty Haired Halo)

11. Cursed Diamond instrumental (electric)

12. One Cop Story

13. Wind and Wood Heart

14. Tornado

Band/Artist: The Black Crowes

Date:

Venue:

Source:

Notes: Complete Tall sessions

Set/Track list: Disc 2

1. Dirty Haired Halo

2. Tied Up & Swallowed

3. P.25 London

4. Cursed Diamond

5. Nonfiction

6. Wiser Time

7. Feathers

8. A Conspiracy

9. Song of the Flesh

10. High Head Blues

11. Thunderstorm 6:54 P.M.

12. Evil Eye

13. Descending

14. Sunday Night Buttermilk Waltz

15. Low Down

i saw him meltdown before. august 1996 at the hennepin block party in mpls. someone kept throwing bottles on stage so chris stopped the show, bitched at the guy & threw a bottle at his head.

i love the line from that vid above: even hippies have a little punk in them.

It's certainly the first new album (not that I buy very many new albums) that I have really gotten into for a while.

I get what you are saying. I hear so much music these days there is always the fear that I never really take it all in. This new Crowes album along with the new Bottle Rockets, the new Richmond Fontaine and surprisingly the new Cheap Trick are all albums that are currently making their mark with me.

I get what you are saying. I hear so much music these days there is always the fear that I never really take it all in. This new Crowes album along with the new Bottle Rockets, the new Richmond Fontaine and surprisingly the new Cheap Trick are all albums that are currently making their mark with me.

i need to check out that cheap trick album. have you heard that self titled album they put out in the late 90s. i heard it's supposed to be good.

i need to check out that cheap trick album. have you heard that self titled album they put out in the late 90s. i heard it's supposed to be good.

No, I haven't. To be honest I kind of fell away from them after Dream Police and didn't reconnect with them again till recently. This new one is great though, chock full of great power pop tunes.

has your friend seen him in concert recently? he's always in jeans/t-shirt. still the same ol' rock star.

I meant that he happened to be watching that video, and noticed the comment. He didn't write the comment. Usually, Youtube comments are not much better than some of the mud that is slung around here, so it is nice to see one that is funny.

I kind of lost touch with the Black Crowes way back. 'Southern Harmony' is a masterpiece but subsequent records seem to decrease in quality. However, I gambled on the new record and was blown away. It was much better than I was expecting. The first five tracks are all top notch. 'I ain't' hiding does sound like a mix between a funky 'Stones' and some thing of MMJ's Evil Urges. I love the country tinges to the record. Is the download disk any good? I got a voucher with the cd but am having trouble accessing the content.