The Black Crowes

Guest Golyadkin

I just looked at all my postings in this thread and you nerds must think I am insane.

Well let me explain, when you got Muskrat here slam dancin and screamin at you while trying to post a message, it at times gets overwhelming.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Black Crowes fan (SHAMC or Three Snakes are the best imo), but I'm not digging this first song. And what's up with releasing track #1 as the first single? History tells us it HAS to be track#2.

did they claim this track was the first single or just the first taste?

Guest Golyadkin

Three Snakes

Amorica

Southern

Shake

BYS

Lions

3 Snakes and Amorica are tied for first then Southern in a close close second.

Rollingstone Mag is always wrong... Always

and yes the single does have to be the second song IT HAS TO BE

I thought everybody loved Three Snakes. I've met very few who like By Your Side or Lions...

Three Snakes was actually the album where I jumped off. There are some great individual tracks, but as a whole it never grew on me. By Your Side I've only heard a few times, but probably the same deal. Lions I heard once and didn't care for it.

Guest Golyadkin

Lions is terrible, witha few good songs that are just ok in comparison to other Crowes songs...

I did not add Tall or Band because they were not released in the traditional way. There are some really good songs on both albums but as a whole I would still put them below Snakes Amorica and Southern.

Of course Evil Eye on Tall is bad ass... and I like the French Horns on Descending a lot.

Lions is terrible, witha few good songs that are just ok in comparison to other Crowes songs...

I did not add Tall or Band because they were not released in the traditional way. There are some really good songs on both albums but as a whole I would still put them below Snakes Amorica and Southern.

Of course Evil Eye on Tall is bad ass... and I like the French Horns on Descending a lot.

The Lost Crowes (The Black Crowes: The Band/Tall Sessions)

At least one can buy them now.

its just not the same without Eddie Harsch (one of the best rock&roll keyboard players ever), and Mark Fuckin Fork. it would even be better with Audley Freed back. I'm a Paul Stacey fan, and love him on the Chris solo albums, but the Crowes are just not what they once were. saw them on Halloween. does anyone know why Rich was in a chair all night?

The Lost Crowes (The Black Crowes: The Band/Tall Sessions)

At least one can buy them now.

its just not the same without Eddie Harsch (one of the best rock&roll keyboard players ever), and Mark Fuckin Fork. it would even be better with Audley Freed back. I'm a Paul Stacey fan, and love him on the Chris solo albums, but the Crowes are just not what they once were.

I'm with you. You are aware that Paul isn't in the band any longer, right? I'm interested to see the Crowes with Luther in concert.

I posted a new thread about this, I like the tune, but it seems like I have heard it already.

You have...they called it "Sting Me"! They just slowed it down and changed the lyrics, but its the same formula.

It sounds nice and organic, but as has been the case with Chris Robinson, the lyrics are pretty f'n lame. Feels like a "Crowes by numbers" type of thing. It is a huge step up from "Lions" though.

Guest Golyadkin
Took the plunge - got tickets for the Chicago show. Looking forward to seeing these guys with Luther.

If you have never seen them live...

Goddamn you better get ready...