STOP WHINING!

I don't what all the Bullshit about the Rivera is all about. Am I the only one who prefers a standing room concert.

Yes the place is a dump; its part of the charm your going to hear rock and roll. Where else in Chicago would they have been able to play and made it standing room? The Argon is ten times worse and they've out grown The Vic. Chill out the riv isn't that bad, by the time the week is over you'll be feeling nostalgic about walking through a river of urine to get to the bathrooms.

As for not getting tickets, yes it sucks. ITS NOT THE END of the world.

Here are some great examples of REAL problems:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7146567.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7139974.stm

CHILL OUT PEOPLE! Stop flooding the board with this whiny ass bullshit. It's only a concert. There will be more.

Matt

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's good about a standing room concert? Crammed in like cattle at the stockyards, being elbowed. trying to get back to where your standing after a beer/bathroom run. sounds great, sign me up! That's why The Riv sucks. Plus if you're not there early enough you end up in the back on the floor, unable to see anything, still crammed in like cattle. But that's Rock and Roll man!

what's good about a standing room concert? Crammed in like cattle at the stockyards, being elbowed. trying to get back to where your standing after a beer/bathroom run. sounds great, sign me up! That's why The Riv sucks. Plus if you're not there early enough you end up in the back on the floor, unable to see anything, still crammed in like cattle. But that's Rock and Roll man!

Well yeah it is rock and roll lol.

Plus who wants to be a mile away. At least this gives everyone a fair opportunity to get close or good seats. You know many people can't afford the "good seats". Plus I like to be able to move at a concert rather then stay seated. I like the vibe better in a dance hall.

Plus I find a club to be more intimate since everyone will be closer; except you since your not going (sorry low blow i know).

The auditorium, Millenium Park, Lollapalooza were all very large shows and there will be many more in chicago, so I for one am glad that they are doing a smaller standing room only theater. I didn't get a 5 day pass but yeah, I don't really see the point in whining too much about this.

The auditorium, Millenium Park, Lollapalooza were all very large shows and there will be many more in chicago, so I for one am glad that they are doing a smaller standing room only theater. I didn't get a 5 day pass but yeah, I don't really see the point in whining too much about this.

Exactly, I couldn't help but feel alienated at the millennium park show. Plus I have read Jeff say numerous times that he feels obligated to rock out when there are that many people there. I don't know about you guys but Wilco's "rock" songs aren't why I love Wilco. The energy they create in a small environment is amazing.

CHILL OUT PEOPLE! Stop flooding the board with this whiny ass bullshit. It's only a concert. There will be more.

Matt

Amen, Matt :thumbup

Guest Speed Racer

I think it's fair to say that people's gripes with Ticketmaster *are* indicative of greater problems in the world, and nobody's going around saying, "Fuck Darfur, I WANT TICKETS TO WILCO!"

People have a right to be angry when a special event comes along that they should have a reasonable chance of attending, and aren't able to because of corporate loopholes. And if people can't gripe about Wilco on a Wilco board, in the Wilco forum, AND they can't go to the shows, then they've really hit bottom, no?

We shouldn't have to qualify 'It's Just That Simple BLOWS!' with, "But the Holocaust was worse."

You're right, it's not the end of the world - it's just the Wilco forum.

I dont mind The Riv at all. Standing room with GA, cool with me.

However, I am disappointed in not getting tickets and seeing tons of tickets all over for double the price. My revenge is too annoy anyone who is doing that. Try to make it undesirable for people to try to scalp again and I will annoy a few at the least.

I dont mind The Riv at all. Standing room with GA, cool with me.

However, I am disappointed in not getting tickets and seeing tons of tickets all over for double the price. My revenge is too annoy anyone who is doing that. Try to make it undesirable for people to try to scalp again and I will annoy a few at the least.

I doubt you're annoying anyone who is scalping tickets to these concerts by posting on this message board.

I don't what all the Bullshit about the Rivera is all about. Am I the only one who prefers a standing room concert.

Yes the place is a dump; its part of the charm your going to hear rock and roll. Where else in Chicago would they have been able to play and made it standing room? The Argon is ten times worse and they've out grown The Vic. Chill out the riv isn't that bad, by the time the week is over you'll be feeling nostalgic about walking through a river of urine to get to the bathrooms.

Matt

there are also other things to do than post on a message board, worrying about what others are complaining about. It kind of gets like holding two mirrors up to one another,.

I think it's fair to say that people's gripes with Ticketmaster *are* indicative of greater problems in the world, and nobody's going around saying, "Fuck Darfur, I WANT TICKETS TO WILCO!"

People have a right to be angry when a special event comes along that they should have a reasonable chance of attending, and aren't able to because of corporate loopholes. And if people can't gripe about Wilco on a Wilco board, in the Wilco forum, AND they can't go to the shows, then they've really hit bottom, no?

We shouldn't have to qualify 'It's Just That Simple BLOWS!' with, "But the Holocaust was worse."

Right on, don't read the topic in the message board bothers you that much.

So True!

I have seen over 20 shows at the Riv and I think it is a very cool place. The balcony offers pretty good seats for those who want to sit, and if you up infront of the large bar things are pretty good as well. My favorite spot is dead center even with the edge of the balcony (best sound!).

Standing room concerts are better than seated concerts, unless you're in a theater to see jazz or something.

Depends on the size of the show. I was at a very small club last night, and yeah, that's better as a standing venue -- it wouldn't make sense as a seated place.

At any show that has seats, however, I always prefer to sit. If I'm lucky, no one will be standing up in front of me, so I'll be able to remain seated through the show.

If this makes me boring ... well, I really don't care what anyone else thinks. I like what I like.

Matt

You have to joking, right? As was said, complaining about how Wilco tickets were distributed and anything else Wilco-related should be done on a Wilco board. All of the gripes are legitimate. No one is making points that are not valid or is just being an ass. Also the irony is that you are "flooding the board with whiny ass bullshit" by posting a complaint about it. To a serious Wilco fan, not getting tickets to or paying more than the band intended for these special fan-oriented shows due to making it easy for scalpers is real problem for true fans. If I didn't get tickets because the Residency simply sold out and hundreds of tickets were not on ebay, stub hub, et al, I would be bummed but not angry.