STOP WHINING!

Just a little public service announcement. If anyone is considering using ebay or stubhub or whatever please be careful. I don't know about any of the other venues but the sites I have been checking out for Ryman tix ( got mine thru pre-sale...just checking ) have some, shall I say dubious wording. If anyone is interested in pursuing Ryman tickets find out EXACTLY where the seats are located. There are obscured view seats in there (in the main floor area...behind the supports for the balcony), also I have seen some vendors advertising FRONT ROW!!!!!, again check. The way the sections are alligned one section starts in the middle of another. You may indeed have a "front row" ticket, but front row of section, which may be a good 15 rows or more back from the stage. You can check out a seat map for the Ryman balcony chart or main floor. Click on the image for a larger view. The maps will show seats that have obscured views and let you see what you are getting. Most of the seat charts on those sites don't show the exact seats for the Ryman.

Again I can't speak for other venues, just The Ryman but anybody thinking about using ticket broker sites please be careful.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why anyone is against serious fans talking on a fan board about being upset/frustrated/angered/saddened etc. over missing out on a Residency show when hundreds - or more - tickets are in broker's hands is beyond me. Strange.

People are complaining about more than just scalpers.

I am wondering though, it seems like there isn't another way to get tickets that aren't from Ticketmaster...I could be ignorant about how widespread Ticketmaster, but doesn't it constitute some kind of monopoly somehow? I don't frequently buy tickets, but it seems like every time I have this organization has been involved, and no other ones have. Do they even have a competing company or something?

I am wondering though, it seems like there isn't another way to get tickets that aren't from Ticketmaster...I could be ignorant about how widespread Ticketmaster, but doesn't it constitute some kind of monopoly somehow? I don't frequently buy tickets, but it seems like every time I have this organization has been involved, and no other ones have. Do they even have a competing company or something?

Not really. There's ticketweb and tickets. com and the sort, but those outlets are limited by the exclusive contracts that most major venues sign with Ticketmaster.

Check this out: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=p...master+monopoly

and about people complaining about stand up concerts. Does anybody even sit when wilco is playing anyway?

Sitting is for old people. I think seats are good for having a set place where you are assigned like having front row or up close seats. So you know you can come later and use the washroom and still come back to a nice view. I do like the GA method too, enjoyed many of concerts getting to the front whenever I felt the need to push my way up there from the back.

Not really. There's ticketweb and tickets. com and the sort, but those outlets are limited by the exclusive contracts that most major venues sign with Ticketmaster.

Ticketweb is owned by Ticketmaster, incidentally. So, yeah...monopoly.

I'm Joking, I do appreciate seats. Nice to be able to rest a bit here and there when you feel like it.

Tell me about it. Try standing on your feet outside a venue all night trying to re-sell tickets at an obscenely exhorbitant price.

Like I said, old people.

I'm Joking, I do appreciate seats. Nice to be able to rest a bit here and there when you feel like it.

yep, and seats are also good for people with bad foot tendons and claustrophobia. i had those by age 19.

but i still love a great time, and great music, and i probably would have hung upside-down from the rafters

to see my first wilco performance.

Ouch... this is all turning a bit nasty.

I've thrown plenty of criticism at the band recently - ironically it was low tickets sales leading to the cancellation of the UK tour. And I could easily throw some schtick at everyone whining here - at least you've got some live shows to complain about.

But I know only too well how much it sucks not to get the chance to see this band we all love so much - whether that's due to them canceling or not having enough tickets to go round or evil scalpers hyper-inflating the prices.

All I can say is that however angry or bad you feel right now I was feeling exactly that only a few weeks ago. I couldn't even bear to listen to a Wilco song so disenchanted by them as I was. I thought I could live out the rest of my life without ever listening to a Wilco track again. But that's the thing about this damnded band - the music transcends all the disappointments, the missed opportunities, the frustrations, the anger and despair. As much as I wanted to keep hating them for letting me down I just can't. Listening to YHF right now and I know that even if I never get to see them live again the music will always be there.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is - I feel your pain but you will get over it because with Wilco you can't do otherwise. Stick on your favourite album of theirs, whichever that might be, turn out the light, plug in the headphones, close your eyes and remember its not about one brief night at a gig, it's about the incredible, emotion laden, passionate music that stays with you a whole lifetime.

PS This is what happens when you haven't listened to any Wilco in nearly eight weeks :worship :stunned :D

Just a little public service announcement. If anyone is considering using ebay or stubhub or whatever please be careful. I don't know about any of the other venues but the sites I have been checking out for Ryman tix ( got mine thru pre-sale...just checking ) have some, shall I say dubious wording. If anyone is interested in pursuing Ryman tickets find out EXACTLY where the seats are located. There are obscured view seats in there (in the main floor area...behind the supports for the balcony), also I have seen some vendors advertising FRONT ROW!!!!!, again check. The way the sections are alligned one section starts in the middle of another. You may indeed have a "front row" ticket, but front row of section, which may be a good 15 rows or more back from the stage. You can check out a seat map for the Ryman balcony chart or main floor. Click on the image for a larger view. The maps will show seats that have obscured views and let you see what you are getting. Most of the seat charts on those sites don't show the exact seats for the Ryman.

Again I can't speak for other venues, just The Ryman but anybody thinking about using ticket broker sites please be careful.

Just for the hell of it I checked Ticketbastard, there's single tickets available for the Ryman show right now.