At first, I thought that when the show ended, it would be revealed that everyone actually died in the plane crash, and they are all stuck in purgatory or something.. But when I found out the Island was magical etc, I changed by mind.. But hey, guess we won't know for sure until the final episode..

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At first, I thought that when the show ended, it would be revealed that everyone actually died in the plane crash, and they are all stuck in purgatory or something.. But when I found out the Island was magical etc, I changed by mind.. But hey, guess we won't know for sure until the final episode..

Naveen Andrews (Sayid) recently said this in an interview with SkyOne:

Iain Lee: "[in series 3], there were some of the best episodes. Desmond, and the "Flashes Before Your Eyes." Jumping through time. Whoa, that was good.

Naveen: "Well, there will be more of that, I think. Different dimensions."

Iain: "Different Dimensions?!"

Naveen: "Rocketed into the Fourth Dimension!"

The full interview isn't being released until Feb 10 so who knows the context, but for now, that's the teaser that the SkyOne people are putting out there.

Have the creators stopped claiming that everything happening can be explained without getting into any weird dimensional, psychic, or metaphysical discussions? Because I can't see how they'd scientifically explain a few things. I hope they haven't just thrown that out the window because part of what has kept me watching was wanting to learn how the "magic" was really created by humans.

Have the creators stopped claiming that everything happening can be explained without getting into any weird dimensional, psychic, or metaphysical discussions?

They haven't done any podcasts or interviews since the writers strike started so it's hard to say. But I can't remember them sticking to that claim even as of last year, especially once we started seeing the old Dharma stuff. Add it to the list of mysteries from seasons 1 and 2 that have fallen by the wayside as the Lost universe has spiraled larger and larger.

They haven't done any podcasts or interviews since the writers strike started so it's hard to say. But I can't remember them sticking to that claim even as of last year, especially once we started seeing the old Dharma stuff. Add it to the list of mysteries from seasons 1 and 2 that have fallen by the wayside as the Lost universe has spiraled larger and larger.

Then that leads me to believe that they had no idea where the story was going, even if they said they did, which also kind of bugs me.

Then that leads me to believe that they had no idea where the story was going, even if they said they did, which also kind of bugs me.

The way the beginning of season 3 drifted I felt that way, but I think ever since they hammered out that there would be 48 episodes left after the end of season 3, they've been writing to an end result. They don't have to worry about dragging things out open-ended for the sake of having a storyline 5 years from now, ya know.

I'm not stealing the bit, I'm spreading the bit.. It's funny.. Damn, what's with all the hostility around this board lately.. :dontgetit

:lol No hostility intended, just giving you a jab on the "we're" vs. "were".

Hi Permie!!! :wave

I think there are many things you can point out from past episodes that were never addressed again. Another reason why I'm disappointed that they didn't have a clear beginning, middle, and end when they started the project.

whatever happened to this, from the episode "live Together, Die Alone"

http://www.humpys.net/images/s2/4toefoot.jpg

There have been hints of other large symbols but nothing yet, although I do remember the producers (pre-strike) saying they'll get back to the statue, I think in season 5. In the end of season 3 ("Through the Looking Glass") Ben tells Richard to take everyone to the temple.... and there's also the ruins that Ben takes Locke to, his dad is tied to a stone column... but that's about it so far, I think.

Hi Permie!!! :wave

I think there are many things you can point out from past episodes that were never addressed again. Another reason why I'm disappointed that they didn't have a clear beginning, middle, and end when they started the project.

YO!!!

I still maintain it's an Atlantis type of something

I still maintain it's an Atlantis type of something

I've thought of something similar. Obviously there's tons of mythology stuff in the show, but specifically you know how there's the Swan station, and one time Ben says something like "They can't see this island anymore than god can," and the Apollo bars... all got me thinking about Leto giving birth to Apollo on that floating island (Delos, I've found out it's called,) that has swans swimming around it.

I'm really bad at mythology, btw, so I can't offer up much more than that. Kind of half-baked. But I also think the island life fits into some sort of 4th dimension thing, too. Not completely existing in the physical realm, and always on the move.