• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's also in PLANET TERROR

And One Life to Live (I know...but I was in College at the time)

And Silverado...

Here see for yourself:

lostqg6.jpg

You could say it's a production error but the camera deliberately pans over to the photo. Sounds pretty convincing but at this point still who knows? Awesome that the writer's strike ended, I'm sure a lot of people are happy about that.

Is that eko's brother?

Just last night I finally caught up with the current episode and I am very excited to start watching new episodes on TV.

I picked up the first season a little over a month ago and since then the show has been dominating my life.

also I think that the pictures look more like eko as a child then eko's brother, but either way I didn't notice that they switched frames...thats an interesting detail

Ok. End of S2, the losties have been on the island for nearly 2 months. This is also when Desmond triggers the failsafe. Now, we know that Desmond (according to the old lady in his flashbacks) is SUPPOSED to push the button, he is never meant to hit the failsafe. Did triggering the failsafe actually cause a "bleeding" effect from another reality?

So now for the evidence:

1: Daniel Farraday is crying, but does not know why when they find the wreckage of flight 815. Could it be that in the alternate universe he is actually ON the plane, and it wrecks?

2: The pilot of the boaties recognizes that the captain underwater is NOT who they think it is, because he isnt' wearing a wedding ring. He also notes that he was supposed to be the pilot. In the alternate reality...he IS the pilot. This is his own dead body he is looking at.

3: The scenes with the boaties are wrong. Everyone has assumed that they are flash forwards/flashbacks. But if that's the case, why give us the the name of where they are at. This has never happened before. The reason it's done here is because the scenes aren't flashbacks OR forwards. They are present time of when S2 ended. I guess that TECHNICALLY makes them flashbacks, but still of a different nature.

4: When Miles is at the old lady's home, to talk to her dead grandson, they focus on the pictures on the wall. Twice. At first I thought it was so we could recognize the person in the photos. Upon rewinding, I've found it to be so that we notice the change in frames. Miles goes upstairs, and when he comes back down, the pictures are in different frames. What happened in those five minutes he went upstairs? The "bleeding" effect I was talking about. Why then? Because that was the moment Desmond broke time.

Where I'm going with this:

Roughly 2 months after 815 is declared "lost", Desmond triggers the failsafe on Island. This creates some sort of temporal rift, allowing two realities to "bleed" into one another. In one reality, 815 crashes onto the island, and there are survivors. In the other, 815 crashes into the ocean, and all die. In one, Farraday AND the pilot are on 815. In the other, the Island still brings them, just by other means.

Here see for yourself:

lostqg6.jpg

You could say it's a production error but the camera deliberately pans over to the photo. Sounds pretty convincing but at this point still who knows? Awesome that the writer's strike ended, I'm sure a lot of people are happy about that.

The only problem with this theory is that the "alternate reality" of the plane being discovered in the trench would had to have happened before desmond turned the failsafe key (when miles is up in the kid's room), because miles is listening to reports on the radio of the plane being found as he pulls up to the lady's house.

unless it's saying that the plane crashing in the ocean is the real reality and the plane crashing on the island is the alternate reality, but that wouldn't explain how the plane crashed on the island before desmond turned the key, although it could be some sort of looped reality quantam leap in reverse (even though what we saw wasn't supposed to happen, it did because of what he did in the future).

my head hurts.

The only problem with this theory is that the "alternate reality" of the plane being discovered in the trench would had to have happened before desmond turned the failsafe key (when miles is up in the kid's room), because miles is listening to reports on the radio of the plane being found as he pulls up to the lady's house.

unless it's saying that the plane crashing in the ocean is the real reality and the plane crashing on the island is the alternate reality, but that wouldn't explain how the plane crashed on the island before desmond turned the key, although it could be some sort of looped reality quantam leap in reverse (even though what we saw wasn't supposed to happen, it did because of what he did in the future).

my head hurts.

It's not time travel, it's alternate universes merging, I think. They are flashes sideways, not forward/back.

It's not time travel, it's alternate universes merging, I think. They are flashes sideways, not forward/back.

i get that, but if we're trying to equate miles being up in the kid's room, ghosthustling, with the exact moment desmond turned the failsafe key, which therefore set up the alternate universes to merge/bleed/whatever, then miles wouldn't have already heard on the radio that flight 815 had been found. it makes sense in my head, dammit!

Alright, i've listened to this thing a dozen times, and have no idea.

http://lostwhispering.blogspot.com/2008/02...cobs-cabin.html

\

Do you want to know what Miles said to Naomi? Well, funny you should ask. The audio on the clip has been reversed, slowed down slightly, and cleaned up so that you can here what he says:

I heard, "You gotta see it through." What could this mean? And, what is he doing talking backwards?

I wish I could get that music to play every morning whenever I open the door to the floor I work on.

I'd kinda like my own personal theme song to play every time I entered a room...

Every decent character has memorable theme music (e.g. Darth Vader, Mr. Spock).

I wish I could get that music to play every morning whenever I open the door to the floor I work on.

The problem is there's a 31 minute time gap between the freighter and the floor you work on. Your music actually plays 31 minutes after you've walked in.

The problem is there's a 31 minute time gap between the freighter and the floor you work on. Your music actually plays 31 minutes after you've walked in.

Good point. Where I work is like a combination of Lost and The Office and a nightmare.

ha ha ha I forgot about that.

I also enjoy the Battlestar Galactica references. On tonight's Lost, I was annoyed by the Red Sox/Yankee banter between Jack and the pilot. It felt forced and lacked the emotional weight of when Jack was shown the Series. "I can't believe it's been 100 days since I've seen a game."

edit: But I did really like the scene between Kate and Sawyer, as always.