• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't post much, but I just have to contribute to this thread. I watched the whole 3 seasons in two months and I can't wait for it to start again. Ben is my favorite character - I hope Season 4 delves into his story a bit more. Just 6 more days...

SPOILSSPOILSSPOILS

I'm a big fan too, but some of 3 got quite frustrating, i really wanted Locke to take over the whole island, after doing Naomi, he should have slit Ben's throat, and pushed jack down the hill, then ripped his shirt off and cut into his chest (like the indian in Predator) and claimed to be the island's best fried. Then Michael & Walt walk out from behind him, chain kate to Locke's leg (i.e. slave Leia w/jabba) and then shoot off fireworks. That's a cliffhanger.

Did I miss something or why did Charlie have to die? Seemed like he did his job and could shut the door from the other side? Even if not, they had time to put on the dive packs and swim out? Or is the tragedy that he thought he had to die and didn't really need to die?

I'm almost over Jack, enough is enough. I prefer the kids who were still at the beach in the end. Thoughts on if Jacob is the island?

Looks like last season's finale will be on Wednesday. Can't wait for thursday!

Press release from ABC:

ABC PREMIERES A SPECIAL ENHANCED VERSION OF THE "LOST" SEASON THREE TWO-HOUR FINALE

Enhanced Version Includes On-Screen Facts and Back Story

Get ready for the Season Four premiere of "Lost" with a special presentation of the Season Three two-hour finale, "Through the Looking Glass," enhanced with on-screen facts and back story about one of the most talked about dramas on television. Whether you already watched the amazing conclusion of "Lost" last season or this is your first time viewing it, the special enhanced "Lost" catches viewers up on the story of the Oceanic 815 survivors in a way you've never experienced before. Be there for the enhanced "Lost" Season Three finale, WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 30 at 9:00 p.m., ET/PT on ABC.

The enhanced version of "Lost" will include text on the lower third of the screen and will "let viewers in" on clues in the show, as well as give back story to catch new viewers up for Season Four.

SPOILSSPOILSSPOILS

Did I miss something or why did Charlie have to die? Seemed like he did his job and could shut the door from the other side? Even if not, they had time to put on the dive packs and swim out? Or is the tragedy that he thought he had to die and didn't really need to die?

Charlie felt he had no other options given Desmond's vision.

I'm almost over Jack, enough is enough.

I really dislike Jack too. I love how this show always keeps you guessing, not just with the mystery of the island and the Others, but also the characters that we think we know. The characters are never stagnant (except for maybe Charlie, which is why he had to drown), but what's so good about the writing that nothing is out of character. Jack was a arrogant jerk from the very beginning, but he was the one who stepped up in a time of crisis and was seen as a hero until things died down a little - I think us viewers become less enchanted with him at about the same rate as the other characters - it gave me such joy to hear Rose say something to the effect of "If you say 'live together die alone' one more time I'm going to punch you in the face". Anyway, great show...did someone say that these are available to watch immediately after they air on ABC.com?

did someone say that these are available to watch immediately after they air on ABC.com?

No, not immediately, but the next day. Noon-ish, if I remember correctly. It depends on traffic on the site. Abc.com was releasing webisodes once a week for the last few months and in the beginning people could never get them to work. The bugs seem to be worked out now.

The characters are never stagnant (except for maybe Charlie, which is why he had to drown)

Do you truly think that's why he "had to drown?" :frusty

Anyway, two hours on Thursday, yes?

Hour 1: recap special

Hour 2: season 4 premiere

Well, the executive producers have said that Charlie's arc was over, and they and Dominic Monaghan agreed that they should kill him off.

That's not why Charlie "had to drown." You're missing the point of the show entirely. Charlie's death fits into the show's exploration of destiny versus free will; it was not a producers' whim type of thing. What happened to him has a role in the bigger picture and the consequences are going to be felt in the season premiere (and beyond.) And characters on the show do not die because they become stagnant or their stories are over; case in point: Libby.

Libby spoiler:

Not that we've seen the end of her...

I thought they were killed off when the actors get arrested for drunk driving...

You're missing the point entirely, it's all about destiny and free will, and who can hold their mud.

I just like to watch the show - sometimes, I think if one gets too caught up in what means what, it sort of ruins the whole deal.

That's how I feel about most of the tv world (I watch Rock of Love, remember,) but in the case of Lost I feel that watching the show each week without reflecting on it in some capacity is an intellectual let-down. There is so much packed into the shows, from philosophy to Greek mythology to eastern religions to scientific principles, theorizing about the deeper meanings of the show is a major brain exercise. Figuring out pieces of the puzzle before they're revealed in the plot based on the ideas explored in the show is a great feeling of accomplishment, I can't just sit back and watch the show without wanting to learn more.

It's a rare treat to find a show that does such an amazing job of exploring (to borrow from Douglas Adams,) life, the universe, and everything. This show is not about them being stranded on an island; it hasn't been about that since their first night on the beach.

I thought they were killed off when the actors get arrested for drunk driving...

The point is, I believe, that Libby's story was neither stagnant nor over when she was killed off. Although I don't know what it says about the direction of the story if major characters can be written out on a whim.