• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if ABC is going to run the eight episodes in a row - or save some of what they have for May.

Maybe not have to worry about that now...

Former Walt Disney CEO Michael Eisner said on CNBC Thursday night (Feb. 7) that the Writers Guild of America has struck a deal with the Alliance of Motion Pictures & Television Producers that will end the three-month-old strike. ''It's over,'' Eisner said on the network's Fast Money. ''They made the deal, they shook hands on the deal. It's going on Saturday to the writers in general.... They'll be back to work very soon.''
Miles Straume is a medium. After hearing about 815's wreckage on the radio, he enters a house in Inglewood, California, and calms the spirit of a murdered African-American boy by talking to him, also apparently convincing the ghost to show him the location of a hidden stash of money and drugs. He takes the money but leaves the drugs.
The name 'Miles Straume' is a play on the word "maelstrom", which means a powerful whirlpool or a swirling mass of water. The device he brought upstairs makes and spreads cold air. It's a common device that real-life ghostbusters use to flush spirits out of their hiding places.

Ahh.. I see now. Thanks for the clarification.

One thing that drives me nuts about that show is when they cut to commercial (and there is an excessive amount of commercials), they always find the worst place to do it.. It's almost like the writers are deliberately trying to piss the viewer off.. Yeah, I guess they are called "cliffhangers" or what have you, but just when the show is getting good and I'm glued to the TV.. the music gets louder and more intense.. and BAM.... commercial..... And when the commercials are over, the show resumes at a whole new scene, and there really wasn't any kind of closure to the previous scene... I'm addicted to the show, but man is it painful to watch..

Edit: I guess that's why I need to get tivo!

WOo! This show is good. I finally got caught up.

My new hypothesis: The Oceanic Six make their return to "normal life" only to realize that their lives have become terrible. They long to return to the island and also want to prevent everyone else from being found; knowing that their lives will see a similar unhappy fate.

from DarkUFO, re: the end of the writers strike and producing more episodes this season:

* It will take 4-6 weeks to get back to actual filming.

* NO discussions have been had regarding the logistics of a return to production.

* The industry is planning on extending the TV season to the end of June.

* If the season is extended a maximum of 6 episodes could be produced.

* Regardless, a minimum of 3 new episodes will be produced.

* There has been NO discussion with regards to whether the un-produced episodes will be made up.

Just an observation: One of the "rescuers," the physicist, was named Daniel Faraday. Michael Faraday was a physicist/chemist who first discovered electromagnetic induction. The hatch, of course, was a giant electromagnet of sorts, and several characters have mentioned strange magnetic fields, etc. on the island. Michael Faraday also hypothesized that magnetism can effect light. Daniel Faraday mentioned that light on the island seemed different. Michael Faraday was also involved in the creation of one of the first transcontinental underwater cables (used at the time for telegraph transmissions). Last season revealed that there was (at least at one time) an underwater cable connecting the island to the outside world. I just love these little "coincidences" on the show. Even if they don't mean anything in relation to solving any of the central mysteries or explaining the show's mythology, they are still interesting.

Ok. End of S2, the losties have been on the island for nearly 2 months. This is also when Desmond triggers the failsafe. Now, we know that Desmond (according to the old lady in his flashbacks) is SUPPOSED to push the button, he is never meant to hit the failsafe. Did triggering the failsafe actually cause a "bleeding" effect from another reality?

So now for the evidence:

1: Daniel Farraday is crying, but does not know why when they find the wreckage of flight 815. Could it be that in the alternate universe he is actually ON the plane, and it wrecks?

2: The pilot of the boaties recognizes that the captain underwater is NOT who they think it is, because he isnt' wearing a wedding ring. He also notes that he was supposed to be the pilot. In the alternate reality...he IS the pilot. This is his own dead body he is looking at.

3: The scenes with the boaties are wrong. Everyone has assumed that they are flash forwards/flashbacks. But if that's the case, why give us the the name of where they are at. This has never happened before. The reason it's done here is because the scenes aren't flashbacks OR forwards. They are present time of when S2 ended. I guess that TECHNICALLY makes them flashbacks, but still of a different nature.

4: When Miles is at the old lady's home, to talk to her dead grandson, they focus on the pictures on the wall. Twice. At first I thought it was so we could recognize the person in the photos. Upon rewinding, I've found it to be so that we notice the change in frames. Miles goes upstairs, and when he comes back down, the pictures are in different frames. What happened in those five minutes he went upstairs? The "bleeding" effect I was talking about. Why then? Because that was the moment Desmond broke time.

Where I'm going with this:

Roughly 2 months after 815 is declared "lost", Desmond triggers the failsafe on Island. This creates some sort of temporal rift, allowing two realities to "bleed" into one another. In one reality, 815 crashes onto the island, and there are survivors. In the other, 815 crashes into the ocean, and all die. In one, Farraday AND the pilot are on 815. In the other, the Island still brings them, just by other means.

Here see for yourself:

lostqg6.jpg

You could say it's a production error but the camera deliberately pans over to the photo. Sounds pretty convincing but at this point still who knows? Awesome that the writer's strike ended, I'm sure a lot of people are happy about that.