Another great episode. I'm sticking with the hypothesis that the Oceanic Six realize that their lives are a wreck once off the island, and they're doing all they can to make the the remaining group doesn't get to come back.

BTW, how about the 31 minutes thing? -- very odd.

• Replies 609
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

god damn i love this show.

anyone have any ideas on who R.G. could be? (the name on the bracelet) a character we've met already? i feel like i should have been able to make a bigger connection with that whole plot, but am struggling. i can say that i knew sayid was working for ben throughout this whole episode--could just sense it

ps.. 31 minutes=8+23.....19 seconds=4+15

this is a stretch, but just havent seen the numbers in awhile...

I also enjoy the Battlestar Galactica references. On tonight's Lost, I was annoyed by the Red Sox/Yankee banter between Jack and the pilot. It felt forced and lacked the emotional weight of when Jack was shown the Series. "I can't believe it's been 100 days since I've seen a game."

edit: But I did really like the scene between Kate and Sawyer, as always.

I figured he was working for B before the end. I missed parts of it - as I was posting on the board here.

The Economist - lostpedia.

I figured he was working for B before the end. I missed parts of it - as I was posting on the board here.

Yeah, not one of their better-kept "holy shit" moments. Pretty obvious from early in the episode.

I don't think I missed this in a scene or anything (because I have my priorities straight while Lost is on,) but no one other than Sayid saw Ben's secret room of off-island life, right? Which I find odd. I mean, you'd expect Locke to have swept the house after capturing everyone and Sayid left that room wide-open when he responded to Kate calling his name, didn't he?

Yeah, not one of their better-kept "holy shit" moments. Pretty obvious from early in the episode.

I don't think I missed this in a scene or anything (because I have my priorities straight while Lost is on,) but no one other than Sayid saw Ben's secret room of off-island life, right? Which I find odd. I mean, you'd expect Locke to have swept the house after capturing everyone and Sayid left that room wide-open when he responded to Kate calling his name, didn't he?

maybe they checked it out after they grabbed him coming out of there...the bookcase was wide open. could have happened, they just didn't show it? maybe?

i tell you, i'm really enjoying the pace of this season so far. however, the preview for next week's episode made it look a little snoozy...more kate/sawyer lovey dovey crap.

maybe they checked it out after they grabbed him coming out of there...the bookcase was wide open. could have happened, they just didn't show it? maybe?

i tell you, i'm really enjoying the pace of this season so far. however, the preview for next week's episode made it look a little snoozy...more kate/sawyer lovey dovey crap.

Maybe -- that would have interrupted the flow of the episode, so I can see that. I just thought it's something they might show because it's one more thing Locke needs to factor into his plan and not trust Ben about. Anyway, I'm also enjoying the pace of this season. Since about 2/3 of the way through last season, it's been continuously well-paced. The only thing I don't like -- and this might just be the marketing strategy, it's not really that big a deal in the actual episodes -- is this Oceanic 6 mystery where they tease us with the prospect of having another one revealed in (name a week's) episode. As if that's the biggest mystery I want answers to!

Exactly - I was under the impression that John or whoever had opened that room already - or did Sayid just notice the marks on the floor and figure it out.

The marks might have been fresh from Ben's use. Even though we're watching this unfold over the course of years, it's day-to-day action on the island. It really hasn't been that long since Ben's whole world was still in his control, ya know? Plus Sayid is a badass muthafucka with x-ray vision and bionic hearing and the ability to snap a dude's neck with his feet.

I also enjoy the Battlestar Galactica references. On tonight's Lost, I was annoyed by the Red Sox/Yankee banter between Jack and the pilot. It felt forced and lacked the emotional weight of when Jack was shown the Series. "I can't believe it's been 100 days since I've seen a game."

i'm pretty sure that line was thrown in there as a clue that time moves slower on the island than it does for the rest of the world. and frank could/would have thought about it more had they not been interrupted right after jack said that.

i'm pretty sure that line was thrown in there as a clue that time moves slower on the island than it does for the rest of the world. and frank could/would have thought about it more had they not been interrupted right after jack said that.

It made sense, because the episode was day 94 on the island. And didn't this bit of dialog happen before Daniel did his experiment? I was mostly just remarking on it feeling awkward.

It made sense, because the episode was day 94 on the island. And didn't this bit of dialog happen before Daniel did his experiment? I was mostly just remarking on it feeling awkward.

yeah, definitely. it was interesting that this was the first time they'd mentioned to the freighter people how long (they thought) they've been there, and it was interrupted with daniel's experiment.

kevin - next week's episode is supposed to have a pretty big twist, i think.

yeah, definitely. it was interesting that this was the first time they'd mentioned to the freighter people how long (they thought) they've been there, and it was interrupted with daniel's experiment.

kevin - next week's episode is supposed to have a pretty big twist, i think.

I'm still not sure it was a clue about the time difference though. If Jack flew to Sydney to claim his father and then the plane crashed on the way back, that pretty much ends up at 100 days assuming he watched a game in the day or two before he left for Sydney. You know? Also, the freighter people probably knew when the plane crashed/went missing, since it was world news when the wreckage was found. So saying "100 days" wouldn't have seemed that odd.

Do you think it's that time moves slower, or there's some sort of 31 minute Bermuda triangle-esque deal surrounding the island?

ps.. 31 minutes=8+23.....19 seconds=4+15

this is a stretch, but just havent seen the numbers in awhile...

I think this is probably spot-on. Good call.

the ability to snap a dude's neck with his feet.

"Break dance moves" is what Hurley called it, right? :P

"Break dance moves" is what Hurley called it, right? :P

Ha, yeah. That, and Locke asking "What is the smoke monster," and Rose's quip "If you say 'live together die alone' one more time" at the end of last season... the writers are listening to the fan feedback, and then mocking us right in the script. :thumbup

I'm still not sure it was a clue about the time difference though. If Jack flew to Sydney to claim his father and then the plane crashed on the way back, that pretty much ends up at 100 days assuming he watched a game in the day or two before he left for Sydney. You know? Also, the freighter people probably knew when the plane crashed/went missing, since it was world news when the wreckage was found. So saying "100 days" wouldn't have seemed that odd.

Do you think it's that time moves slower, or there's some sort of 31 minute Bermuda triangle-esque deal surrounding the island?

yeah, i mean like 100 days on the island = a year or something off the island. the 31 minute rocket thing could be proportional to time/space. this would explain why richard hasn't aged, or how walt has aged so much off the island (obviously, he's going through puberty, but this is a good explanation for the show). also, the world at large knew when the plane went missing, but we have no idea when the wreckage was found, or when exactly the freighters' flashbacks took place. i think that when jack made that comment, it was meant to be noticed by frank (as in, "wait a minute, how long do YOU think you've been on this island?"), but they were interrupted.

yeah, i mean like 100 days on the island = a year or something off the island. the 31 minute rocket thing could be proportional to time/space. this would explain why richard hasn't aged, or how walt has aged so much off the island (obviously, he's going through puberty, but this is a good explanation for the show). also, the world at large knew when the plane went missing, but we have no idea when the wreckage was found, or when exactly the freighters' flashbacks took place. i think that when jack made that comment, it was meant to be noticed by frank (as in, "wait a minute, how long do YOU think you've been on this island?"), but they were interrupted.

Oh I see what you're saying. Everyone on the island lives life in reverse dog years. I was wondering last night how a 31 min difference calculates into time-space equations, but my math skills stopped evolving in about 7th grade.

The Walt thing reminds me, the writers claim they planned for the rapid puberty growth when they casted a kid that age. But they also like to jerk us around a lot in those podcasts of theirs.

Lost is back! Oh, wait, that happened two weeks ago.

What I mean is, Lost will be back-back, after the strike. And even better, we've just checked in with inside sources, and we have dates! Yes, dates! So, break out your calendars, 'cause we're hearing this is the approved plan:

The last episode of the current pod (episode seven) will air Mar. 13. Then the show will be off the air for six weeks and return Apr. 24 at 9 p.m.

(That Apr. 24 episode will be the already-completed episode eight, which was filmed prestrike, but which apparently works much better as a minipremiere than it does as a minifinale.)

Anyhoo, the following week, on Thurs., May 1, a little show called Grey's Anatomy returns to its usual 9 p.m. time slot, so Lost will move to 10 p.m., where it will stay for the rest of the season.

"Yippee" just doesn't do it justice, does it?

To find out what this all means for the season-four story, I checked in with my personal Jesus, Damon Lindelof, who explains how his writing team plans to squish the eight episodes of plot they had planned into only five more episodes.

"We are going to execute our full story plan for season four," D.L. says. "This simply requires a shift from high-octane storytelling to superhigh-octane storytelling. It requires no cramming, only a slightly heavier foot on the gas pedal...so, hold on to your hats. Those of you waiting for the long-anticipated Jin and Hurley Ping-Pong tournament, however, will be very disappointed."

Source: E!Online