The Grateful Dead

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This just in from GDTSTOO:

A bit long so I highlighted the events...

We are really pleased to offer you a show with Bill Kreutzmann.

This is a boating show on Sunday, June 1, Aboard The Temptress,

at Pier 81 - the World Yacht Marina, NYC, 41st and West Side HIghway

Show time: Boarding at 6:00 PM. Departure at 7:00 PM.

General Admission tickets are available at $39.00 per ticket.

=========================================================

Bob Weir and RatDog and Gov't Mule will play the following shows:

Saturday, June 21 at the Wanu Theater, Settle, WA.

Doors open at 6:30 PM. Show time is 8:00 PM. All ages welcome.

This is a General Admission event. Mail order tickets are

available at $48.50 per ticket.

========

Monday, June 23 at the Idaho Botanical Garden, Boise, ID.

Doors open at 4:30 PM. Show time is 5:30 PM.

That's a relatively new deal - the various jam cruises and bands playing on boats.

I just had a thought about the press conference - maybe they are finally moving ahead with Terrapin Station.

That's a relatively new deal - the various jam cruises and bands playing on boats.

Not a bad deal for under $40, too.

I just had a thought about the press conference - maybe they are finally moving ahead with Terrapin Station.

That's a good guess.

I don't know how they would fund it though - unless Rhino or someone is going to foot the bill. Maybe Steve Wozniak -

This just in from Dead.net. There's a partnership with UC Santa Cruz (not sure if you posted this earlier):

Tomorrow, April 24th at 11:00am Pacific Time, Bob Weir and Mickey Hart will participate in a press conference from the Fillmore Auditorium to announce an important new partnership between GDP and the University of California at Santa Cruz. Fans, scholars and Dead Heads of all kinds can watch this event live on dead.net courtesy of iclips.net. Streaming video of the broadcast will be available for a period of time after the conference as well. Fire up your browsers and tune in!

I wonder if it will be some sort of deal about the archives (non-audio/video, that is ) being housed there or something to do with the university's music program.

The April 27 edition of "Tales from the Golden Road" is all about TAPING.

You're invited to join the discussion with your own tales by calling 888-89-SIRIUS

"Tales From The Golden Road" airs every Sunday at 4 pm ET on Sirius 32, the Grateful Dead Channel, with repeat broadcasts every Monday at 9 am ET and Tuesday at 5 pm ET.

Pretty massive project mainly of the collections of Eileen Law. Looks like a pretty cool deal. I like this:

"...contains historic documents, such as the band's first recording contract, with Warner Bros. Records, and notes from weekly band meetings."

Pretty massive project mainly of the collections of Eileen Law. Looks like a pretty cool deal. I like this:

"...contains historic documents, such as the band's first recording contract, with Warner Bros. Records, and notes from weekly band meetings."

Speaking of that - I have been reading that Rock Skully book again.

Personally loved Joan with the dead and in phils group. For one she has more range then anyone who has sung in or with the band, secondly she frees up the need for the lead guitarist in the band to also be a vocalist. Which is why i think they had jimmy, warren and bob on guitars for the next tour.

Speaking of that - I have been reading that Rock Skully book again.

You know, that's not a factually accurate thing to be sure, but I'll be damned if it's not a very funny read. Dalton really captures the acid-laced humor of Rock and the whole band, for that matter.

The Press Conference

Looks like it is just Bob and Mickey. That's not the original Fillmore is it? I asked this question once - I can't recall the answer.

bob wire, alright, great to see all this great stuff being given to a college that can't even pronounce the guys name.

David Dodd - great site he has.

Shit - this deal is what I do everyday.

You should apply for that job, ha. Its a shame its not going the terripian station route, but I guess that might have wound up to disney land like.

Now if only they'd let go of that vault.

I think the original Fillmore was knocked down to make way for condos.

Maybe. I think the original one was moved and then damged by the earthquake in 1989. Or something. I thought that the original one had been renovated in the 90s, though, and that it's the same one used today. I may be way off on this, but if memory disserves....

Typical - people expect it to be ready for the public instantly.

I was hoping to swing by after work....

Maybe. I think the original one was moved and then damged by the earthquake in 1989. Or something. I thought that the original one had been renovated in the 90s, though, and that it's the same one used today. I may be way off on this, but if memory disserves....

I was hoping to swing by after work....

I have a feeling it will be years - unless they come up with money to hire a lot of people to work on it.

See - then you have the legal/commercial stuff going on in there also.

mickey keeps tossing the acid and dope jokes.

Love the "don't lick the envelopes" joke.

I wonder what Eileen's daughter is up too - she worked in the office also.

They are looking for funds - of course. I bet they'll end up doing some shows to raise funds at some point.