Spiritualized

Dan Deacon

Brett Dennen

The Cinematic Orchestra

Battles

Kid Sister

Crystal Castles

Louis XIV

Wow. Nothing there that's must-see for me. I suppose I should see Waters sometime, but I'm not going to do it in a festival setting.

Aside from Waters, none of the headliners interest me in the slightest ... except, just from the standpoint of curiosity: Portishead. Really?

none of the headliners spark any interest (the verve? wtf?), but i can count 15 or so bands that i wouldnt mind seeing..considering im out in cali now, i figure its an easy trip and would be as good a way as any to spend a weekend. then again, depends on prices..how much did tickets go for last year?

Nothing will ever beat the lineup the first year I went:

SATURDAY

Radiohead, The Pixies, Kraftwerk, Wilco, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, The Rapture, Desert Sessions, Laurent Garnier, Hieroglyphics, Kinky, Stereolab, Future Sound of London, And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, Peretz, Death Cab for Cutie, Sparta, LCD Soundsystem, Living Legends, Sander Kleinenberg, The Black Keys, The Sounds, Howie Day, Junior Senior, Mark Farina, Moving Units, Sahara Hotnights, Electric Six, The Stills, Seb Fontaine, 22-20's, Da Lata, Juana Molina, Phantom Planet, Mindless Self Indulgence, Dios, Jem, Q and Not U, Stellastarr*, Erase Errata, The Section Quartet, DJ Icon

SUNDAY

The Cure, The Flaming Lips, Air, Belle & Sebastian, Basement Jaxx, Paul van Dyk, Bright Eyes, Atmosphere, Thursday, BRMC, Cursive, Le Tigre, The Crystal Method, Dizzee Rascal, Adam Freeland, Mogwai, Ash, 2many Dj's, Muse, Sidestepper, Donald Glaude, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, The Thrills, Broken Social Scene, Richard Fearless, The Sleepy Jackson, Ferry Corsten, Prefuse 73, !!!, The Cooper Temple Clause, Sage Francis, T. Raumschmiere, The Killers, Home Town Hero, The Section Quartet.

Of course, Wilco ended up not showing up, but still...

Wow..I went last year and had made some preliminary plans to go this year but what a terrible line-up. Jack Johnson, Rogers Waters, The Verve, Death Cab for Cutie all have no right being anywhere near a main stage. Portishead I just can't see as a mainstage act. Most of the fun is seeing all the smaller bands and at first glance I am disappointed that while there's a lot of good dance stuff unlike last year there's isn't that much up and coming talent from over the pond. Last year you could see the Fratelli's, the Arctic Monkeys, Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, The Kaiser Chiefs, Jarvis Cocker, the Cribs etc. Unless you count Madness in that category. On the mainstage last year you had the reformation of the JAMC on Friday night, the Arcade Fire on Saturday night and the Roots on Sunday night. But the headliners - seriously - W.T.F? Where is REM who release a new album in April or maybe Franz Ferdinand or a Beck or dare I say it, Radiohead. Given that Goldenvoice are launching a headlining festival in New Jersey in August my guess is they signed all the best contracts for that event. Given that this is the premiere music festival in the most populous state in the Union makes the realisation that the headliners stink even worse.

I really thought there was a good shot that Radiohead, REM and Wilco would all play. Bummer...

Nothing will ever beat the lineup the first year I went:
SATURDAY

Radiohead, The Pixies, Kraftwerk, Wilco, The (International) Noise Conspiracy, The Rapture, Desert Sessions, Laurent Garnier, Hieroglyphics, Kinky, Stereolab, Future Sound of London, And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead, Peretz, Death Cab for Cutie, Sparta, LCD Soundsystem, Living Legends, Sander Kleinenberg, The Black Keys, The Sounds, Howie Day, Junior Senior, Mark Farina, Moving Units, Sahara Hotnights, Electric Six, The Stills, Seb Fontaine, 22-20's, Da Lata, Juana Molina, Phantom Planet, Mindless Self Indulgence, Dios, Jem, Q and Not U, Stellastarr*, Erase Errata, The Section Quartet, DJ Icon

SUNDAY

The Cure, The Flaming Lips, Air, Belle & Sebastian, Basement Jaxx, Paul van Dyk, Bright Eyes, Atmosphere, Thursday, BRMC, Cursive, Le Tigre, The Crystal Method, Dizzee Rascal, Adam Freeland, Mogwai, Ash, 2many Dj's, Muse, Sidestepper, Donald Glaude, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, The Thrills, Broken Social Scene, Richard Fearless, The Sleepy Jackson, Ferry Corsten, Prefuse 73, !!!, The Cooper Temple Clause, Sage Francis, T. Raumschmiere, The Killers, Home Town Hero, The Section Quartet.

Of course, Wilco ended up not showing up, but still...

That is the only year I went to - they don't have it on the official line-up, but I also saw Beck, Kool Keith, and MF Doom on Saturday. Beck played an impromptu show at a small stage at 2pm and Kool Keith and MF Doom played after Radiohead on a nearby stage. I am pissed I missed The Black Keys...oh well - I plan on catching them at First Ave this spring. Great lineup indeed!!

Wow..I went last year and had made some preliminary plans to go this year but what a terrible line-up. Jack Johnson, Rogers Waters, The Verve, Death Cab for Cutie all have no right being anywhere near a main stage. Portishead I just can't see as a mainstage act. Most of the fun is seeing all the smaller bands and at first glance I am disappointed that while there's a lot of good dance stuff unlike last year there's isn't that much up and coming talent from over the pond. Last year you could see the Fratelli's, the Arctic Monkeys, Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, The Kaiser Chiefs, Jarvis Cocker, the Cribs etc. Unless you count Madness in that category. On the mainstage last year you had the reformation of the JAMC on Friday night, the Arcade Fire on Saturday night and the Roots on Sunday night. But the headliners - seriously - W.T.F? Where is REM who release a new album in April or maybe Franz Ferdinand or a Beck or dare I say it, Radiohead. Given that Goldenvoice are launching a headlining festival in New Jersey in August my guess is they signed all the best contracts for that event. Given that this is the premiere music festival in the most populous state in the Union makes the realisation that the headliners stink even worse.

I really thought there was a good shot that Radiohead, REM and Wilco would all play. Bummer...

Bonnaroo is the premier music festival in this country.

yeah, this lineup is pretty lame. i actually LOLed when i saw jack johnson as a headliner...i mean, i like him as much as the next guy, i've even seen him live, but there's no way the guy should be headlining a fest such as this one.