Yeah first few listens have been pretty nice. It's about what I expected a Louris solo album to sound like, which is a good thing

i'd agree with this...

i have to admit i was hoping for a little better, but this is a nice lil record. the first listen i was pretty ambivalent towards it minus 3-4 songs, but after a few days of listening i came around on all but 1 track.

Very cool. Does anyone know if the vinyl comes with mp3 download?

I didn't find anything in my copy that said there would be an mp3 download. There was a sticker on the front that mentioned downloads, but nothing specific regarding mp3's of Vagabonds.

Yeah, it's not bad. I am a huge Jayhawks fan, and I heard a torrent of Louris performing most of the songs solo in Paris. It was not good, although when I posted that here, those who responded disagreed. The studio versions are much better IMO, but the lyrics just don't do it for me on most of the songs. Some of them make me cringe, even. But I'll still go see him, and I'm curious about the Louris/Olson stuff to come.

And I was pretty slow on the picture of leeks in the first post. Wow.

but after a few days of listening i came around on all but 1 track.

That's interesting. I initially thought I liked track 1 best, but now I really like DC Blues.

I think the title track is the best of the bunch, and also one of the best things Gary's ever recorded. I agree with the general consensus in that it's mostly a breezy, welcome addition to the Louris canon. What's up with Black Grass, though? I'm going senile, so I can't think of the tune, but the melody is almost exactly like a particular John Lennon song.

yeah, the title cut is the shit.

as surprising as it is for me to say this, i love Tim O'Reagan's solo album from '06 way way more than this.

That's interesting. I initially thought I liked track 1 best, but now I really like DC Blues.

no, i meant 1 song, not track 1, sorry, haha

and the song i was referring to was track 3 i think? not so sure on titles yet. it's the "you're beautiful, so beautiful" one.

I love it, and the vinyl sounds great. Very stoney California 70's feel. All it needs it David Crosby ;)

definitely has shades of CSNY for sure, then again so did RDM (Madman especially, one of my faves0

yeah, the title cut is the shit.

as surprising as it is for me to say this, i love Tim O'Reagan's solo album from '06 way way more than this.

no, i meant 1 song, not track 1, sorry, haha

and the song i was referring to was track 3 i think? not so sure on titles yet. it's the "you're beautiful, so beautiful" one.

definitely has shades of CSNY for sure, then again so did RDM (Madman especially, one of my faves0

With Chris Stills!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...