Personal News of a Miraculous Nature

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always liked Mallory a lot for a girl's name for the longest time...then I discovered it's meaning...and decided maybe not so much. :hmm

Congratulations, Eric and Stacy! :cheers

I think it is cool that Keaton was born on Wisconsin primary day - maybe he'll have a political streak! :thumbup

Great news, Eric!

:lol I have been accused by a certain someone on this board of having an irrational attachment to Family Ties after suggesting Mallory, Elise, and Keaton as possible baby names.

That's not entirely true. Those are all fine names, it was only when you suggested I name my daughter Tina Yothers that I thought you might be crossing the line. :ninja

In any case, yay babies!

I think it is cool that Keaton was born on Wisconsin primary day - maybe he'll have a political streak! :thumbup

Stacy and I voted absentee on Monday--and the baby's middle name means "defender of men," which I thought went well with the theme of primary day. We took our three-year-old daughter along to city hall, and the clerk gave her a scrap piece of paper so she, too, could "vote." Later, in the car, I asked her who she voted for. She said, "I voted for Obama."

Last night I was home alone with her... she was having a terrible time dealing with the fact that mom was away for the night. She was weeping, and I said, "Hey, Obama won today." She immediately stopped crying, looked up at me, cocked her eyebrow, and said, "He did! Oh, but Hillary Clinton didn't. She lost. But that's okay, maybe she'll win next time." :lol

Then today, when I dropped her off at child care, I learned that last week Kael had shared, during circle time, that she planned to vote for Obama.

I guess we watch too many political programs at home!

(Do you mind me asking what big sis' name is?)

Her name is Kael Zalisha. In both cases, we wanted a middle name with an international flavor--something about breaking down cultural barriers, or some nonsense!

[quote name='JUDE

My first thought after reading Keaton was Family Ties. That tells you which decade I grew up in!

Ha! Last night one of my friends asked if he was named after Alex Keaton. I replied by saying if we were going to name him after somebody in that family, it would have been the parents, not the corporate cutthroat!

Yay babies! I hope it was a smooth delivery. I just had a thought--is this the first baby since we lost St. G? Maybe she was helping little Keaton and Mama along. :wub

I thought about St. G a lot over the last few weeks, and yesterday was no different. She wasn't a fan of C-sections, but I'm sure she would have forgiven our (necessary) choice!

oooh, a C Section?? much love to Stacey and vibes for a super quick healthy recovery! I know those can be hard to bounce back from.

:cheekkiss

I have a friend who has a son named Kael......yay for gender neutral! (or something) :lol